Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration reform that should please everyone!

Here is a letter I send often to Congress in the hopes that something will actually be done to stop illegal immigration. Feel free to use these ideas if you agree with them.

===
    I would like to offer my suggestions for an immigration reform/legalization program:

1) Fine all working illegals $5000 each to pay for infrastructure, medical expenses, and other costs that Americans should not have to pay. The fine could be deducted weekly from paychecks. Upon completion of payment worker would receive a green card. The same fine would apply to each family member living illegally in the U.S. In this manner work won't be disrupted, our economy will not suffer, and millions of illegal workers will become legal residents.

2) Only immigrants free from chronic illness and with no criminal record would be eligible for this worker legalization program. Also, those enrolled in the program would be eligible to obtain a temporary driver's license and required to have auto insurance. Checkpoints must be set up around the US to confiscate all vehicles with no insurance and deport illegal aliens who drive without a driver's license. We cannot allow such flagrant flaunting of our laws to continue!

3) Deport non-violent illegal aliens currently in jails in the U.S., and also all illegal aliens not enrolled in the above legalization program. By the way, let's turn prisons into factories that produce goods and get a return on our money!

4) Impose a moratorium to stop all immigration for 1-2 years to get immigration problems sorted out and deportations completed.

5) Impose and ENFORCE substantial fines for employers who hire illegal aliens, unless the illegal worker is enrolled in the work program and paying the $5000 fine. This includes all employers of nannies, gardeners, roofers, etc.

6) Do whatever is necessary to stop border crossings, including using our military forces. Americans are paying for them, and we want illegal immigration stopped!

P.S. Feel free to share these ideas with your colleagues. Thank you for listening.

Sincerely,

A concerned American citizen and taxpayer

rmad123, welcome to ALIPAC.

It looks like you have been doing some thinking about the probelm and the possible solutions. This is good. I'm going to just copy and paste some of your points here and add some comments. OK? My comments are in bold.

1) Fine all working illegals $5000 each to pay for infrastructure, medical expenses, and other costs that Americans should not have to pay. The fine could be deducted weekly from paychecks. Upon completion of payment worker would receive a green card. The same fine would apply to each family member living illegally in the U.S. In this manner work won't be disrupted, our economy will not suffer, and millions of illegal workers will become legal residents.

Even $5000 a year or $5000 at all would be hard to collect given that these people often work "under the table." Besides, do we really want to go into the business of selling US citizenship?

2) Only immigrants free from chronic illness and with no criminal record would be eligible for this worker legalization program.

I was listening to an interesting segment on our local news last night that many illegals come with HIV. A local dr who is interviewed each week says that they don't bother to go to the dr because they are afraid they will be turned in and that had they tried to enter legally that HIV would have been discovered. Another good argument for a wall if you ask me!

3) Deport non-violent illegal aliens currently in jails in the U.S., and also all illegal aliens not enrolled in the above legalization program. By the way, let's turn prisons into factories that produce goods and get a return on our money!

Yikes! The ACLU would accuse us of slavery if we did that. Also, many illegals have been deported for minor infractions many times. They just get on the next coyote train and come on back. We need a means to KEEP them out once they are deported.

4) Impose a moratorium to stop all immigration for 1-2 years to get immigration problems sorted out and deportations completed.

I couldn't agree more. But it may take more than two years to sort out who has real and who has fake paperwork.

5) Impose and ENFORCE substantial fines for employers who hire illegal aliens, unless the illegal worker is enrolled in the work program and paying the $5000 fine. This includes all employers of nannies, gardeners, roofers, etc.

The word substantial is the key. And I suggest we use the proceeds of those fines to defray the cost of deportations.

6) Do whatever is necessary to stop border crossings, including using our military forces. Americans are paying for them, and we want illegal immigration stopped

Most definitely![/b]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

$5000 is not nearly enough. It needs to be $10,000 a year for each working illegal and another $10,000 annually for each one of their minor children.

This will cut down the number of amnesty applicants to about 1,000.

By the way, US citizenship can already be bought. Any foreigner who invests $500,000 in an American business receives a green card.

The reason I came up with these ideas is that for so many years nothing at all has been done. The two extremes of deporting all illegals (impossible, impractical, expensive) and amnesty are bad ideas. I thought if we charge a good amount of money to legalize the legitimate, non-criminal workers, and punish all Americans who hire illegals, it might do some good. Thanks for your comments.

By the way, US citizenship can already be bought. Any foreigner who invests $500,000 in an American business receives a green card.
    Now I can't tell you how angry that makes me. In other words, that is how the bin Ladens gained such a foothold in the US. I'm sick!

The reason I came up with these ideas is that for so many years nothing at all has been done. The two extremes of deporting all illegals (impossible, impractical, expensive) and amnesty are bad ideas. I thought if we charge a good amount of money to legalize the legitimate, non-criminal workers, and punish all Americans who hire illegals, it might do some good. Thanks for your comments.
    rmad123, I'm definitely not criticizing your reasoning. You are right. Both extremes are bad ideas as is the presidents guest worker policy--charge them to stay 6 years then offer them citizenship when they might be working on a job picking apples that only lasts a couple weeks.

To me, charging them anything would only give us that many more criminals with American citizenship because it would leave the door wide open for hundreds of drug trafficers to become citizens. The people who are struggling to feed their families would still be struggling and we would still be footing the bill.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

1. Immigration Reform should not "please everyone" It should please most Americans and displease illegal aliens.

2. Deporting illegal aliens is not "extreme"

3. Citizenship is not for sale.

4. We do not have to mass deport. Ive said it a million times. Anyone else here want to quote him the ALIPAC platform and how we can attrition deport?

W

You guys should read what I wrote, not just talk trash. I said only people with clean police records and no major health problems. People who are working and legitimate and healthy. The rest can be deported.

You are also wrong about deporting 20 million people. It's impractical and too expensive. Why not just charge the fine, I will bet you all any amount of money that total deportation of all illegals will NEVER happen! The radical left and right are both full of s...t. Just like everything, there has to be a compromise. This isn't a small problem, it has been growing since the days of the Zoot Suiters! (1940s).

Don't kid yourselves, anything is for sale, just ask our politicians, they sold our country out the Mexico and the rest of the third world. Not only have they allowed illegal immigration to continue, they have allowed many major corporations to move offshore for more profits. Do you think our politicians give a s... if Americans have jobs or not?

I listen to John and Ken, Lou Dobbs, Frosty Wooldridge, Jim Gilchrist, Roy Beck and the rest and I support them, but I think my immigration solution makes the most sense.

rmad--welcome to ALIPAC. I think I'm reading what you are saying a little differently than some of the others. My first thought was what you were saying was really more tongue in cheek than serious. And, when you really THINK about what you are suggesting, the exact same goals that we are working for would be accomplished because VERY FEW are going to meet your criteria. They aren't going to have that much money unless they've stolen it ergo they are CRIMINALS. The health suggestion presents the problem of how you plan to round them up to give them physicals and at whose expense? They ARE bringing diseases into our country and some, such as TB and leprosy, are diseases that had been completely eradicated in our country until this massive influx. AND, when you run the criminal background check on them, the first thing that's going to come up is that they've already broken a law by crossing that border illegally.

My opinion is that, in THEORY, you idea sounds good. But, when you get right down to it, in PRACTICE, MOST of them are going to qualify for deportation anyway. The cost of deporting them is NEVER going to equal the costs of already keeping the ones here who are in prisons, hospitals, on the streets and in the schools. So, you don't just go out and have a massive round-up of illegals but, every time one gets arrested for ANYTHING, BACK THEY GO. Every time they show up at a hospital for treatment, do a check and, if they are illegal, BACK THEY GO. When they go to enroll their children in school, REQUIRE them to prove that they are here LEGALLY and, if not, BACK THEY GO. It won't take TOO LONG to send them on their merry way.

I didn't take what you suggested about the fine and the green card to mean that you thought they ought to be given a path to CITIZENSHIP. I don't think ANY of them should be put on that path. Really, the points you make are MOOT because, like Tim said, once you require that fine, you've narrowed the playing field tremendously. When you factor in the other criteria you've listed, you've narrowed it even more. SO, VOILA--they will all be gone anyway!

You see, rmad--the suggestions you've put forth really sound a lot like the McCain/Kennedy Bill. When they say you couldn't POSSIBLY round all of the illegals up to deport them, they MISS the most crucial point. IF they can't round them up to deport them, how in the WORLD are they going to round them up to pay this fine??? THEY DISAPPEAR INTO THE WOODWORK. When you get right down to the nitty-gritty, nobody but ICE is even allowed to DETERMINE if they are here LEGALLY and, if you think you can easily obtain that information from ICE, think again. THAT is like clawing your way up a MOUNTAIN.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Listen, this is the way it works. Any illegal who is working would be required by his/her employer to enroll in this plan. Every week an amount would be deducted until the $5000 is paid. The worker would be required to go to a basic physical exam set up in trailers in various cities. After passing the physical, the worker would be allowed to apply for driver's license and would have to show proof of insurance and results of the physical exam to the employer. All others would be deported.

By the way, I am with Tom Tancredo regarding eliminating anchor babies by changing the Constitution. That is a stupid law.

Hey, I'm not a legislator, I'm just making suggestions because our politicians either say "deport them all" or "give them all free amnensty."

You don't need to give me hell, I am sick of what has happened to our country. But if our politicians never come to an agreement, nothing will get done. I am just trying to give them a way out of the deadlock. A lot of the readers in these types of forums are radicals that can't think independently, they only repeat the rhetoric they hear on the radio and TV and in forums like this.

Isn't this what our politicians are paid for? To figure this stuff out? But we can't depend on them as you all can see. That's why we have to tell them what to do.

Nope, no buying citizenship. I, like JJ, don't like it a hoot that it is already sold for half a million. Just posted this somewhere else tonight: Deport them all: Oh yeah! Fence the whole southern border and then let the process begin. It will, of course, take years. But for every working illegal that is sent packing, there will be one more job for a citizen. As they're returned, wages will have to go up to support citizen workers who don't have taxpayers subsidizing their families. Employers complaining because of no cheap labor? Send them south as well where the supply will then be.

By the way, I am with Tom Tancredo regarding eliminating anchor babies by changing the Constitution. That is a stupid law.
    I don't think anything's wrong with the Constitution. The writers of the amendment never intended to give citizenship to children of illegal aliens. It's just the stupid way it's interputed now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast