Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No, I am not for "open borders." How could you get that idea, are you paraniod? One of the steps I recommend is at least a 1-2 year moratorium on all immigraton. That means stop immigration and close the border! Don't be paranoid and overreact to every suggestion.

You don't have to tell me how bad illegal immigration is, I was born and grew up in southern California and I watched the destruction of what was once the best state in the U.S.

So anyway, we are on the same side, but if you guys get too radical Congress won't go for it. The head of U. S. Commerce, the Wall Street Journal, and other interests are saying that we need MORE immigration because the baby boomer generation is getting old and younger Americans aren't reproducing.

I'm sure you all have heard this stuff, as well as the leftist hispanic activists who want to get free amnesty for all poor people from Mexico and the rest of the third world. And Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citigroup, and many other rich corporations donate money to groups like MECHA, ACLU, MALDEF, Hermandad Mexicana, and others. It's all screwed up! It's a huge mess! So how do you propose that all these suggestions will get sorted out and put into action?

In the meantime, the illegals keep crossing the border and laughing at us. At least the Minuteman Project is working to some degree, but they don't have enough people with money and free time to do the job right.

Will keep in touch.

The Guest Worker Amnesty is the only radical idea I see here.

A super majority of Americans oppose amnesty as you have proposed.

I suggest you take my advice and screen any more insults like the word 'radical' out of future posts when others don't buy your Guest Worker Program suggestion.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Immigration reform that should please everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by rmad123
    4) Impose a moratorium to stop all immigration for 1-2 years to get immigration problems sorted out and deportations completed.
    Hi Mad123, Perhaps you could also suggest to our esteemed elected officials something like:

Suspend the H-1B and L-1 visa programs, repatriate those workers back to their home country, until adversely affected US citizens are reinstated, and until law enforcement of the Age Discrimination Act can be accomplished.

Persuading John Cornyn to agree to anything like the above, or to anything you wrote, would be like trying to stuff hot butter up a wildcat's ass - it ain't gonna happen. Mad123, you're doing the right thing, at least it lets elected officials know the voters are pissed.

Uh, gotta go - there's a loud knocking on the front door.

Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Hot Butter?

Coto, you have got to live in the South. lol

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Any American who doesn't like the idea of checkpoints is probably doing something illegal. It's just like the people complaining about Bush spying on the people. I hope he spies on anybody doing criminal acts, whether it's Bin Laden, Americans or illegal aliens. Criminals are criminals and we need them locked up or executed, depending on the type of crime.

Fascists? Now you sound like the illegal alien activists. How else are you going to catch creeps violating the law if you don't have checkpoints? This will probably offend Americans who drive drunk, but too bad. I want all creeps off the road. The only difference is that if they are illegal aliens they should be deported immediately if caught with drugs, no license, no insurance, etc. Let other countries worry about them.

I absolutely agree with checkpoints.

I absolutely DISAGREE with Bush's SPYING on American citizens. IF I TRUSTED the man, it might be different but I don't so anything he CLAIMS to do for the "SECURITY OF OUR COUNTRY" is suspect to me. In all likelihood, he is spying on ANYONE who DISAGREES with any of his policies. I don't trust ANY EXCESS POWERS in the hands of this maniac. He has CROSSED THE LINE.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

It's not that I would personally mind checkpoints, but I do think the majority of Americans (or too many, anyway) would get all up in arms about it referring to it as a police state and Nazi Germany, etc. Also, checkpoints would create a media feeding frenzy and we would have videos all over TV of some poor little woman and her ninos and ninas crying and screaming as dad is taken from the car and sent home. Then Congress would end up undoing the whole thing and we would be right back where we started. In the long run, I think it would be more pragmatic to mostly force self-deportation where little media ammunition would be provided. You might be able to do checkpoints, say, within 100 miles of the borders.

As far as Bush spying? I have no problem at all with the part concerning monitoring from public areas for radiation where radiation shouldn't be. Certain mosques were known to be fund raising centers for Al Qaeda, so it would only make sense those would be among the sites monitored.

The wiretaps are a little more iffy. But, I do have a much bigger concern and disgust with Ted Kennedy welcoming so many potential enemies to come and live amongst us as citizens than I have for Bush spying on them. If it was for national security then okay; but if it was for political or personal gain, then no.

It's the WIRETAPS that concern me because I no more BELIEVE what he says about WHO is being wiretapped than I can FLY. The FISA court is a perfectly good mechanism for ANY SPYING that needs to be done and I find it extremely suspicious that a court who, over a period of almost 30 years, has only turned down 4 requests for warrants, is being bypassed by this administration. That just gives me a VERY uncomfortable feeling. And, they have 72 hours AFTER the fact to get a warrant so, if they aren't willing to do that, they are hiding something that they shouldn't be doing. I no more believe that these "secret wiretaps" are being done on Al Qaeda agents than I believe Bush is a MONKEY.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

IMO, if a wiretap helps to nail a criminal or terrorist, then more power to TPTB. Of course, the ones we'll hear squawking the loudest about illegal wiretaps are bound to be the ones who have something to hide....

As far as the border goes, my solution to that is real simple: abandon this so-called "guest worker" program; to me, that's just rolling out the red carpet for the terrorists since they manage to find a way around whatever controls and restrictions the Americans put in place.

We certainly agree that we do NOT need a Guestworker program. Not until we PURGE the country of all of the illegals already here. AND, at the rate we are going, that will take YEARS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123