Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: INCREDIBLE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Email from Ted Poe

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    Go listen to Ted Poe's 'The United States of America is Under Attack". I think he gave those same figures in his speach on the house floor. It calculated out to something like 28,000 americans since 2003 have been killed by illegal aliens.

September 6, 2006

Dear Ms. Raby:

Thank you for contacting me with your comments on illegal immigration and border security. I have received a significant amount of feedback from the 2nd Congressional District on this issue and I can assure you that this issue is one of my top priorities during the 109th Congress.

I do not support illegal immigration or amnesty for illegal immigrants already in this country, period. I support immigration, but people must do it legally. Amnesty rewards illegal conduct and only increases the number of illegal immigrants who try to enter America as we have seen in the previous amnesties in 1986 and 1996. As a former judge for over 22 years, I believe very strongly in the respect for the rule of law. I never let anyone get away with breaking the law and immigration laws should be no different. We must vigorously enforce the laws we already have on the books and make some of them stronger. No protest or political statement will change my respect for our nation's laws and our sovereignty. In fact, recent demonstrations have just made me and many Americans more resolute in our convictions.

We must not forget how the tragic events of September 11th demonstrated the need for heightened security. The 9/11 Commission Report stated that terrorists seek to exploit our vulnerabilities. Our border remains one of those serious vulnerabilities. I have had the opportunity on two recent occasions to travel to the U.S. - Mexico border in Texas to witness the situation first-hand. Our border, sadly, remains wide open. While the Border Patrol apprehends a million illegal crossers each year, half a million slip through their reach; among them are people seeking to work illegally, human smugglers, drug smugglers, and even possible terrorists. In 2004, the Border Patrol apprehended 650 people from countries that are state sponsors of terrorism. How many were Border Patrol not able to apprehend? How do we know they didn't bring weapons of mass destruction along with them? These are serious questions that need serious answers.

Solving this crisis will not be easy as there are many who want amnesty and support policies that promote more illegal immigration and lawlessness. These are unacceptable in a post 9/11 world. I believe we can start by enforcing the law and showing we are serious about it. We also need to eliminate policies in this country that encourage and ignore illegal immigration; including easy access to jobs with little enforcement of employers who hire illegals, free healthcare, free education, birthright citizenship, policies that don't promote assimilation, and the inability of local law enforcement to assist federal immigration authorities.

I am a cosponsor and have voted on legislation in the 109th Congress that address many of these problems. One of them is H.R. 4437, the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005, which passed the House of Representatives in December 2005. This bill is a strong border security bill that makes it a felony to be illegally in the country, forces employers to use an employment verification system to ensure that current and future employees are authorized to work, and provides more resources for law enforcement on the border. The U.S. Senate is currently debating a separate bill that includes a guest worker program for the estimated 11 million illegals in the U.S. along with the House border security provisions. I believe this is the wrong approach. We must first secure the border and fix the root of the problem before addressing broader immigration reform.

As your elected Representative from the 2nd District of Texas, please be assured that I will continue to work hard on solving this crisis because we can't afford to lose. Again, thank you for contacting my office. For additional information regarding border security and illegal immigration and my representation of the Second District, please visit my website at http://www.house.gov/poe. There you will also find video and text versions of the speeches I have given outlining this problem and the solutions Americans want.

God and Texas,

TED POE

Member of Congress

TEXAS

TP\dl

Wow, I wish he would talk with my lawBreaker.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

JAK
    I really like him too!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pretty impressive plans to impeach Bush and Cheney and make Hassert president. Problem is It would take till long after the election and Pelosi would be the new speaker of the house. The odds of impeachment are about the same as Paris Hilton winning an Oscar, or Rosie O'Donnel and Hillary taking advantage of a two for one bikini waxing special. This wouldn't do anything to cure the illegal alien amnesty issue. I think our efforts would be better served by finding a way to get mainstream America's real feelings on amnesty past the censors and acknowledged by the media and put before the general public and the politicians.
    Nothing less will work. The American people need to see how severe the problem is and they need to know that all of the open borders rhetoric is nothing more than the Emperor's new clothes.

Andyt, That’s is just wrong, Hillary in a bikini. That would have made Ray Charles blink.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    Pretty impressive plans to impeach Bush and Cheney and make Hassert president. Problem is It would take till long after the election and Pelosi would be the new speaker of the house. The odds of impeachment are about the same as Paris Hilton winning an Oscar, or Rosie O'Donnel and Hillary taking advantage of a two for one bikini waxing special. This wouldn't do anything to cure the illegal alien amnesty issue. I think our efforts would be better served by finding a way to get mainstream America's real feelings on amnesty past the censors and acknowledged by the media and put before the general public and the politicians.
    Nothing less will work. The American people need to see how severe the problem is and they need to know that all of the open borders rhetoric is nothing more than the Emperor's new clothes.
    andyt-So do you believe or feel that the Republican Majority in the House of Representatives will be lost in November?

This is very very grim news.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well first of all it's not news it's an opinion. If the house puts off border security untill after the election as reported they may well lose. Lots of people think the loss would be justified. It might well be but the consequences are pretty dire. The Democrats can do a lot of damage especially to our issue. If I had to chose a single issue that matters to me it would be NO AMNESTY.

But if the Dems take control of the US House, they will pass amnesty.

Ugh!

Republicans! You may have blown it totally!!

Well....lets work hard and make the calls to see if we can get HB 4437 through before the election.

Hastert sure seems willing to fight for it.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123