Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is insane

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is insane

by News Channel 8's Crystal Haynes
    Updated July 24, 2007
    12:25 PM

(New Haven-WTNH) _ New Haven became the first city in the country today to distribute identification cards to all residents including illegal immigrants, but not everyone is onboard with the plan.

The Elm City Municipal ID card will be distributed at the Office of New Haven Residence starting today, and the city says that it will provide the most basic rights. The cards are available to all New Haven residents,including an estimated 10,000 to 12,000 illegal immigrants.

"Things that we're entitled to, opening a bank account, going to the library stuff like that. Or being able to present an ID to send money to your home country." says resident, Nadia Minor "I don't understand. We're not able to vote with these things."

However, on the first day of issuing the cards, there's confrontation and controversy.

"My issue is, not so much what their problems are," says Bill Farrel with Southern Connecticut Citizens for Immigration Reform "My issue is what's good for Americans, and this ID is not good for Americans."

"We're not talking about legal and illegal residents." says Victoria, who didn't provide a last name "We're talking about residents and they live here, why not to have the card?"

Opponents are answering that question. They say that the ID program will bring an influx of illegal immigrants, which will flood the city, create crime, and take away jobs from U.S. citizens.

The New Haven Police Department isn't worried though. "Community policing is about problem solving and engaging every segment, every member of your community together." says Chief Ortiz of the NHPD "After we passed, the order we saw a double digit reduction in the neighborhoods where our immigrant population resides."

The city will issue anywhere between 50 to 100 ID cards today, and applications will be accepted throughout the day.

spunky,

Welcome to Alipac.

Your right, it's the epitome of stupidity.

This is for you and all our new users, when posting news articles, we ask that you post them in the News folder and include the link to the original article at the bottom of your post.

Thanks Bunches,

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why don't they get an injunction? It's clearly against federal law!

I wonder what foundation put up the money for this lawbreaking ID card nonsense?

It would'nt surprise me if it was La Raza sympathizers or maybe a foundation in Mexico! Just guessing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I'm wondering why a motion to stop this hasn't been filed! A pending lawsuit is all it would take. Where are the Judicial Watch folks (or another interested organization)? I just don't see how this can be legal, because federal law clearly prohibits aiding, abetting, harboring, and encouraging illegal immigrants.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree with William - let's hope this lasts long enough to allow us to send thousands upon thousands of illegals there to show how destructive this policy really can be, while simultaneously throwing a monkey-wrench into the biometric ID planned for all of us. This could be a GOOD thing if we crank up the consequences. BTW I tried the link to the flyer about New Haven on the home page and it didn't work. I want to print more and post it at every Home Despot in town.

My issue is what's good for Americans, and this ID is not good for Americans."

We don't see these words very often.

Can someone post the link to the info sheet I can print out? I'd like to kindly put that around my town so that folks may think about moving to beautiful New Haven.

The link is on the main page of this site. Just scroll down. I think that it is the 2rd or 3rd main entry on this site.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast