Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is interesting...

E-mail from Jon Garrido

Update

Hispanic News has now established a non profit corporation named “AX” to promote boycotts.

AX will now advance boycotts of Kimberly Clark, General Motors, AOL, CNN and ExxonMobil.

The May 1 “Day Without an Immigrant” continued to energized the Hispanic/Latino community but did little to influence congress thus the probability of comprehensive immigration reform this year is doubtful.

The consensus of those that measure community actions compared the May 1 activities as a one day snowstorm where participants purchased the day before or the day after leading to a small unmeasured impact in bringing about change.

The best assessment in this morning’s news states:

“The demonstrations over the long run will likely pressure lawmakers to overhaul the nation's immigration system.”

"In the short term, all it's done is counter mobilized the more conservative element of both parties that are incensed about these people being here illegally. Over the long term, the value is very positive and will pay off big time for the Hispanic community."

“Personally impressed by the ability of immigrant rights advocates to organize the massive protests and maintain control to keep the demonstrations peaceful but the challenge now is translating that energy into political muscle.”

"The problem is Hispanics don't vote.”

The most callous comment came from U.S. Senator Trent Lott showing his underlying racist sentiment that led to his undoing as senate majority leader.

Senator Trent Lott, Republican of Mississippi, said he was deeply offended by marchers' waving the Mexican flag. “It is clear the protests have raised some hackles. I want to be sensitive to human concerns, why they're here and how they're here. But when they act out like that, they lose me," Mr. Lott said.

He suggested a risk of deportation and said, "We had them all in a bunch, you know what I mean?"

Concluding the marches and general boycotts are not effective in bringing about comprehensive immigration reform by the Congress, an alternative strategy needs to become the number 1 priority. I maintain the power of the voting booth is simply not here now for Hispanics. Will it be? Yes, but not for years. In the interim, we need to utilize the power of purchasing or rather the power of not purchasing specific products and services to make change.

Specific boycotts could never be compared to a one day snow storm for they can be measured by the demise of a product or service. The Ax boycotts now taken on a more significant method of making change in the USA.

To broaden our constituency we need to reach out to others who are experiencing similar negative experiences.

The common denominator for all in the USA is we all buy $3. 00 gasoline maybe moving up to $4 this summer.

If all Hispanics/Latinos boycotted ExxonMobil and we were joined by the non Hispanic communities, the Ax ExxonMobil boycott would have a more significant measured outcome that not only will send a message to Washington to do something about the high cost of gasoline but will also broaden our base for comprehensive immigration reform.

For this reason, Ax now becomes the next step for everyone in the USA. This where Hispanic News and now “AX” will put its energies.

The Ax Boycotts can be found at Hispanic News www.Hispanic.cc.

Hispanic News, ranked 5 this morning by Google of 68 million websites, is the largest daily publication of news articles and editorials of interest to Hispanics in the USA and Latin America. Jon Garrido owns and is CEO of Hispanic News and Chairman of the AX Board and executive director.

P.S. Maintenance: Hispanic News has established a new website to archive Hispanic News www.Hispanic6.com

In the interim, visitors will be redirected from Hispanic.cc to Hispanic6.

Later today, we will publish up a new Hispanic.cc minus most of the content which now can be found at Hispanic6

Lastly, 10% of our email list uses AOL. In keeping with our boycott of AOL, AOL subscribers now have until July 1 to find a new internet provider for on July1 we are going to delete all that use AOL from our mail lists.

Regards,

Jon Garrido

www.Hispanic.cc

You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire!

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
    What Goes Around Comes Around

let them boycott away till they get themselves boycotted back across the border by the swelling tide of fed-up American citizens!

this is pure nonsense and, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that these in-your-face actions are going to backfire

Quote Originally Posted by MopheadBlue
    let them boycott away till they get themselves boycotted back across the border by the swelling tide of fed-up American citizens!

this is pure nonsense and, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that these in-your-face actions are going to backfire
    Right On!

Thought the same thing myself.

Sure would love to see it all backfire.

Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking.
    What Goes Around Comes Around

Yup..... American Businesses and the Chamber of Commerce have been among their stauncest supporters....and NOW they kick them in the shins...o! don't I love it??

Politicians should learn something here also...how FAST the illegals can turn against you...the mantra seems to be 'what have you done for ME TODAY???'

Still laughing,
    MJ

Senator Trent Lott is dubbed a racist because he is willing to stand up to them! He recognizes the real issue: They are here ILLEGALLY. Illegal means unlawful, willing to shoot down the law of the land. To do so means "criminal". To espouse takeover of the Western U.S. is terrorist, regardless whether they state their intentions of "peaceful" OR "violent". A threat to overthrow a nation or it's government is an act of war.

Pro Patri Vigilans!

Death to Aztlan!!
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Email Garrerdo
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Well what is funny. Is there boycotting thereselfs. Some of these including Time Warner, funds there little groups. LOL Let them boycott.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Why are they boycotting these businesses?

I don't get it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These guys have absolutely no brains, it's comical and you know whats funny, there doin all the work and it's killin them in the polls and congress. They need to go and learn something called Public Relations but thats an alien concept to these Morons.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast