Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

At first I thought this was a joke and then realized that this is straight-up discrimination on so many levels. I'm offended as an American and even more offended as a Hispanic-American. I know we live in a free country and I believe in opportunities, but this is just plain unbelievable. Then people wonder why so many Americans feel the way they do. Very sad to see this.

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Sickening, absolutely sickening. I would NEVER eat at those places. They should change the name "Pizza Patron" to "Pizza Ecoli." YUCK!
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

They have the gall to accuse us of being RACIST!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well I will tell you all, I am sick and out of sorts, so this is my email, and it might seem a bit soft, but I felt I got the point across.

I was shown this link, to your restaurants information and had a few questions. I read your company logo and found myself wondering something quite valid. If I owned a restaurant chain, and my logo said "Serving Anglo/White Communities the highest quality pizza at the lowest possible price since 2007", wouldn't I be called a racist? As an American of mostly "Anglo" descent, it would never be tolerated from me to make such a racial statement about who I aim to serve in the community, so, then why should anyone? Why is it alright for people of Hispanic descent be given special privelages in this issue? I would hope common sense, and good American decency will prevail, and you will re-think your companies slogan. I may not live in Texas, and I may never buy your pizza, but it offends me that ANY company would blatantly claim to mainly serve only one racial community.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Liz,

I would have sent this letter in "spanish", and without identifying my(true) "ethnic" status. Possibly sounding more like an offended "legal" immigrant fighting for the cause.
    ------------------------

the whole food industry is very anti American. they hire illegals to do everything from cooking, 'cleaning',... spreading diseases. even the places that don't openly court mexicans don't really care about legal Americans, they just want our money. i am so grossed out by having individuals who are probably criminals (illegally in this country, possibly using stolen ss# to get the job, stealing tax payers hard earned money through our health care system, schools etc) handling food i intend on eating... i haven't been to a restarent in months, except a local pizza place that has legal, healthy American teens making the 'zza s. you wouldn't beleive how much money you can save by not eating out... it's the patriotic thing to do!!

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Liz,

I would have sent this letter in "spanish", and without identifying my(true) "ethnic" status. Possibly sounding more like an offended "legal" immigrant fighting for the cause.
    Below is my message in Spanish to Pizza Patron:
    Me gustaria saber porque su negocio se dirige mas hacia los hispanos. Yo pienso que esto no es bueno para las relacciones entre las diferentes culturas que existen en este pais. Es muy lamentable veer un negocio como el suyo que practicamente esta discriminando encontra de muchos Americanos. Como hispano me siento ofendido por su decision y no pienso que esto es bueno para el futuro de su negocio y menos para aquellos hispanos que aman la diversidad que tenemos en este pais. Deben de evaluar su estrategia y demonstrar un character de respesto hacia nuestra nacion y nuestras culturas.

Translation:
    I would like to know why your business is directed more towards hispanics. I think that this is not good and damages relations between the different cultures that exist in this country. It is very unfortunate to see a bussiness like yours that is practically discriminating against many Americans. As a hispanic I feel offended by your decision and I feel this is bad for the future of your business and bad for hispanics that love the diversity that we have in this country. You should evaluate your strategy to demonstrate a character of respect towards our Nation and our cultures.

Good job, Gus. Nice letter. They probably did not intend to discriminate, but you are right, and they need to know.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well I do not speak Spanish, and will not. I want them to start thinking about the fact that all Americans are getting really tired of the double standard that has been so pervasive in our society towards Americans of "Anglo" descent.

I am tired of it being ok for people of other races to act in this way, and say these kinds of things, and it being acceptable. There is no good excuse to accept this kind of racial segregation within our country, this is exactly what is tearing America apart.

MLK day is coming. Although his work was not as important to me as it might be to others, I do think he had the right idea about getting to the point where your race did not matter, and that we are ALL Americans, that should be all that matters.

Truthfully, if there was a business that made the statement that they were there to serve the "Anglo" communities, they would be sued and put out of business, so why should ANYONE else be doing it?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AmericanElizabeth,
    I agree with you 200%. The point that I was making is, they`re more likly to read a letter in spanish and laugh at any in English.
    I know how you feel when there`s nothing we can do. There`s been many that would have love to string up.
    ------------------------

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast