Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Israel's 25-foot high concete border-protection wall

Israel, a country of about 7 million, is building a 25 foot high concrete wall that will potentially cover 400 miles. The Bush administration and Congress approved loans from the US to help build that wall. Here are some photo's of the wall:
    http://www.aish.com/wallcam/Window_on_the_Wall.asp
    http://www.vtjp.org/images/INCwall_718.jpg

The wall is very controversial but also highly effective in stopping terrorists from entering Israel. Israel now has only isolated instances of suicide bombers etc. compared to nearly weekly suicide bombs and car bombs before the wall was started.

Now consider the US, which has around 38 times the population of Israel. 400 miles of Israel's wall would be roughly equivalent to building a 25 foot high concrete wall of over 12,000 miles - on a population equivalent basis! Now the US border is more remote and much more dangerous so if I reduce that by a factor of 2 it would cover around 6,000 miles.

However neither the Congress nor the President will support building such a wall in the US! Isn't that is blatant hypocrisy!

Why - because business and agricultural interests want a steady supply of new illegals! As Lou Dobbs said tonight "business groups and special interests are stepping up their campaign for a guest worker program, an amnesty program for illegal aliens."

The American public is getting tired of hearing about business groups and special interests getting special deals from Congress! Republicans in the Senate should listen up, or risk losing the House in November.

it just irks me when they talk about securing the borders of Iraq and stablilzing the government -- do they think the world doesn't notice what hypocrites they are?
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Israel Border Wall

We don't do many loans to Israel because we give them $2 Billion a year in aid with our tax dollars and an additional $1.3 Billion of our tax dollars are given away to Egypt each year. Yes Egypt where their citizens took to the streets in celebration on 9/11. Our country gives away $15 Billion a year outside of Iraq to other countries. Why don't we use that money here at home to build our own wall before we subsidize one in another country. We would have enough money left over to clean up and revitalize every poor neighborhood in the United States afterwards which would be a one time expenditure leaving the American taxpayer much better off in the future too. I am amazed that most citizens seem complacent to allow the federal government to give away our tax dollars to other countries, including those that hate us, like the massive amounts of food and light water nuclear technology our tax dollars bought for North Korea and went mostly to feed its army that now threatens our soldiers for example. People should be in the streets over this issue alone.

Mark

We could make even cheaper if we get the illegals to build it on their way out.

In Collector v. Day, 78 U.S. 113 (1870) the Supreme Court held the federal government was delegated

".the power of taxation for certain purposes (the common debts, the common defence, the general welfare), . . . when the general government acts within its prescribed limits and for its prescribed purposes, its power overrides everything in the country. . . taxes must be uniform; they can be levied only for certain definite objects; they must be conformed to the general principles and practice of taxation"
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

so what do we do about this? Every few hours I come across absurdities like tis one where we are paying OTHRE countries to build walls yet cannot build one for ourselves etc etc.

What do we do?? I also keep hearing we wnt support democrats nor replublicans who are 'supporting' illegals - then what are we to do? vote independent? we need a better strategy....

Do you realize how beneficial a wall like that at our borders would protect us?
    This irks me to NO END !

contact your Governor's office and "demand" the state step up to protect it's citizens. The citizens and states have RIGHTS, the federal government has DUTIES

In Gardina v. Board of Registrars of Jefferson County, 160 Ala. 155; 48 So. 788 (1909) the court held

"There are, then, under our republican form of government, two classes of citizens, one of the United States and one of the state"
    The 'state Citizen's' are 'we the people' that established the federal government – the legislative, the executive and the judicial branches. The United States Supreme Court in U. S. v. Cruikshank 92 U.S. 542 (1875) held

"We have in our political system a government of the United States and a government of each of the several states. Each of these governments is distinct from the others, and each has citizens of its own who owe it allegiance, and whose rights, within its jurisdiction, it must protect. The same person may be at the same time a citizen of the United States and a citizen of a state, but his rights of citizenship under one of these governments will be different from those he has under the other."

Quote Originally Posted by Americans1st
    Do you realize how beneficial a wall like that at our borders would protect us?
    This irks me to NO END !
    It irks me too! It can be done, and quickly, if congress would do their job. I would be more than happy to donate some money for them to build it, and I am sure alot of other Americans would also participate.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn