Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Issa Walks Out Of IRS Scandal Hearing As Cummings Calls Proceedings ‘Un-American’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Feud Continues: ‘Rep. Cummings Threw A Hissy Fit!’

Appearing on the Kelly File, Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) defended his adjournment of a House Oversight Committee hearing after witness Lois Lerner again pleaded the 5th Amendment. The spat that ensued between Chairman Issa and Ranking Member Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) led to a vote on the House floor to strip Issa of his Chairmanship (it failed), and a comparison of Issa’s actions to the oppression in Venezuela or Ukraine.

Yes, really.

Despite reports of the two making amends via a telephone call, that didn’t prevent the Chairman from telling Kelly that Cummings’ response was a little, well, immature. Quotes via Fox News:

“You know if I had to do it over again I probably would have sat there for a very long time, let him say a lot of things and then finished, walked away,” Issa said. “But you know what, we’re all human it was a long day and I didn’t break any rules, I did everything according to the rules, he wasn’t denied any due process.”

“The fact is I did things according to the rules, I followed a script and then Mr. Cummings decided to have quite a hissy fit,” he said.

This is an age-old battle between conservatives who believe in rules and order, and liberals who are into self-expression and talking things out. Who do you think was right in this case?

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/03/1197...rew-hissy-fit/

This is the Wasman meeting Issa referred to.

Then, of course, Debbie Wasserman Schultz felt the need to "pump up the rhetoric" and made these absurd comments. Really?

Wasserman Schultz: Issa Cutting Off Mic on Cummings Is Like Oppression in Venezuela or Ukraine

Issa brings the heat and they ALL hate him. It seems to be a team effort and Cumins is part of the team.

This video is from a hearing where Issa plays a tape of Tom Perez conspiring to conceal evidence.

Eric Holder calls Darrell Issa "Shameful"

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Remember This? Henry Waxman Loses It With Darrell Issa

Waxman to Issa: "I will have you physically removed"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rhvK9CkjL9g

Watch this 2008 exchange between the retiring Waxman (D-CA) and Issa (R-CA) while considering the fallout from the conflict between Elijah Cummings and Darrell Issa at this week’s House Oversight Committeemeeting. Waxman had the same chairman role in the committee at that time, the same position that Issa does right now.

Videos of Democrats criticizing Waxman for his actions were and are, shockingly and surprisingly, nonexistent…

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/03/1198...ved-committee/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pig Man is out of control
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Makes me wonder if Issa knew that Cummings was involved when this happened.

Human Events

The plot thickens, as the Democrat point man for obstructing investigations into one of the biggest scandals in American history – is actually part of the scandal:

Emails show obstructionist House Oversight Democrat asked IRS for info on conservative group |...

Rep. Cummings is asked to explain his long-concealed request for information on True the Vote.

HUMAN EVENTS

<---- Link to the article

Democrat Elijah Cummings Faces Up to Five Years in Federal Prison

THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast