Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Husker
    Well, I am off to cause trouble (or find a new allegence, not sure which), for a city councilman of Omaha. Time to hold some feet to the fire, and ask REAL questions, which REAL answers are demanded.

H.
    Damn, I wimped out Chuck Seegerson (city council) never showed up so I was not able to ask him pointed questions, but I ended up doing door to door anyway. What a wimp I am Guess I will have to hit him up next week. I think Chuck is a good man, but I have to make sure he is "properly" recruited over to illegal immigration issues, as our group will need all the help it can get when we start soliciting signatures.

H.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHills
    I've often wondered if the national Republican party didn't put pressure on Illinois to keep Oberweis out because they would have considered it an embarrasement if he would have run on an anti-illegal platform -- especially if he would have won on that platform. I guess I have no idea what went on there, but it never seemed quite right to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    I don't know if Oberweis would have won, but he would have been a far better choice then Keyes. Are the Republicans that paranoided about losing their slave labor that they are willing to lose seats in the Senate for it? What if that move cost them their Senate majority? They were willing to cut off their heads to spite their faces for the cause of open borders? Sounds like a major conspiracy to me.
    Not only did Oberweis talk about illegal immigration, but he also talked about cheap labor and how it takes jobs away from citizens and represses innovation...
    http://cf.rrstar.com/forums/messageview ... eadid=2116
    Some argue that we should ignore illegal immigration since these people are doing jobs Americans won't do... I say, nonsense... The main effect of illegal immigration on our economy is to depress American wages on the one hand and stifle the drive for creation of labor-saving devices on the other.
    I'm sure that this message was very threatening to the business community... Oberweis was clearly unacceptable.

In fact, it seems that any talk about illegal immigration is unacceptable... The elite know that over 90% of Americans are against illegal immigration... Thus, there must be a total lockdown on any talk about this combustible issue, lest the lid get blown off.
    http://www.vdare.com/guzzardi/oberweis.htm
    In recalling his time on the stump, Oberweis told me:
    “It was amazing... Across a wide spectrum of voters, people clearly support immigration reform... But the press and the elites were bitterly opposed.�

Oberweis continued,
    “They set out to punish me for talking about illegal immigration, no doubt about it... The Latino groups tried to organize a boycott of my ice cream stores... And the media never missed a chance to paint me as a racist or demagogue.�
    Also, it may be that the Bush administration did not want Oberweis to run, since Oberweis was openly critical of Bush's immigration policy.
    link
    "The president's plan is just plain wrong," Mr. Oberweis says in a radio advertisement and at public appearances that have drawn hundreds of supporters to his campaign... "I want to be the voice for Illinois voters to tell the president we think illegal immigration cannot be rewarded with amnesty."
    Just a couple of weeks ago, Oberweis announced he is running for governor... I think Oberweis is wealthy enough to run his own campaign... So, he doesn't depend on GOP financial support... So, it will be interesting to see what happens... If he wins the republican primary, will the GOP support the democrats?

By the way, Illinois gave in-state tuition last year... In the coming weeks, the legislature is set to approve drivers licenses and the matricula consular cards for illegals.
    http://www.immigrationreform.org/

Also, Illinois is one of the top 5 states for illegals... So, state policitians and businesses probably don't like Oberweis's stand on immigration... So, it will be interesting to see what happens.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Quote Originally Posted by Husker
    I will do all I (and 100's/1000's of other can) to make SURE Hagel becomes a common citizen. If possible, we are going to try to get him out early, as I don't think this country can wait until '08 to get rid of him from office.
    Best of luck with that. And thanks for helping make Daschle a private citizen. Speaking of Omaha, has your PNN-PAC group considered sending a nice letter to Warren Buffett or the Buffett Foundation? I understand Mr. Buffett has donated a lot of money to population stabilization causes and I don't see how anyone could logically be concerned about population growth and not be concerned about mass rampant immigration -- especially illegal immigration which is apparently about 2/3 of the total U.S. annual immigration and the U.S. taking the excess population from other countries just exacerbates worldwide population growth. Something that is sorely lacking on this side of immigration reform is funding. Mr. Buffett definitely has the funds and somebody with near celebrity status supporting the cause wouldn't hurt either. Just a thought, I don't know how viable it is.

I received NO reply, so the answer is loud and clear.

H.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123