Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hattie, in most Counties, you need to sign a document when you begin a business that has a name different from your personal name. To obtain the business license, that document must be completed and will not be 'certified' by a County clerk unless you submit 2 forms of identity that are the typical valid ID cards (Dr. license, SSN card, birth certificate, etc).

If you believe that these workers are illegal aliens, they have probably forged documents to obtain their business license. Please report the business to ICE so that justice can be served.

You are right though about their businesses -- if they work for themselves, they can earn wages that are comparible to others, but usually, they will underbid contracts so they take less money to do the jobs.

I am about 2 hours from DC and many government construction contracts now have stipulations saying that 25% of the work crew must know English. Why? Because otherwise no one can understand what the crew leaders and supervisors are saying.
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Workmanship is very shoddy. I just moved into a new home (renting till I can move out of FL where is so over built). You can stand back a bit and the house looks great.. but you start looking closely you see numerous defects.. over painting, corners that are not plum, big cracks, missing outlets and controls. Things just dont fit together well..
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by LynnS
    Hattie, in most Counties, you need to sign a document when you begin a business that has a name different from your personal name. To obtain the business license, that document must be completed and will not be 'certified' by a County clerk unless you submit 2 forms of identity that are the typical valid ID cards (Dr. license, SSN card, birth certificate, etc).

If you believe that these workers are illegal aliens, they have probably forged documents to obtain their business license. Please report the business to ICE so that justice can be served.

You are right though about their businesses -- if they work for themselves, they can earn wages that are comparible to others, but usually, they will underbid contracts so they take less money to do the jobs.

I am about 2 hours from DC and many government construction contracts now have stipulations saying that 25% of the work crew must know English. Why? Because otherwise no one can understand what the crew leaders and supervisors are saying.
    We know, as least I do, that these businesses are illegal - and that they have no business licenses, although there may be some person fronting a business licenses.

The little restaurants they open - just open the door - licenses, no health check nothing.

Oh, yes, they should be reported - you will get just about as far reporting them as you do reporting anything about the illegals.

In Dallas, TExas, they OWN the construction trade - so I've heard.

Truth be told, they are probably getting minority contracts ----

I have heard drug money is financing these businesses and it is being used to launder their dirty money - that and the big banks ---
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ILLEGAL ENTRANTS ARE SCAB LABOR. THEY TAKE AWAY THE POWER OF THE AMERICAN WORKER TO NEGOTIATE A DECENT WAGE AND WORKING CONDITIONS. THEY ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN SCAB LABOR CROSSING A UNION STRIKE LINE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Forgive me for posting so late on this but I have ALOT to say about this subject .
    1. I have family members and friends that have lost jobs to illegals. Here are some examples -my brother worked on a construction site a few years ago and one day at the site all the blacks & whites were gathered together and told they were no longer needed,all the latinos got to stay.2 A friend of mine is a carpenter with a degree and has been relieved of his job recently because he "costs" too much.3 My brother -in-law has been a "concrete man" since before he married my sister 22 years ago and is having trouble at work because he is being phased-out of his job because he can't speak fluent spanish.Said brother-in-laws two oldest sons can't keep/find work just out of high school because they aren't spanish- speakers.
    I worked with a lady who was greeted after work almost every night by one of the 7 or 8 ! immigrant men who live next door to her in a 2-3 br townhouse begging her to let them use her extra paring space because" they needed it"
    All of us live just south of DC we are COMPLETELY overrun here (in ALL of northern VA) just as a previous poster said of other areas.
    Thanks to you all for letting me blow off a little steam.

Hey wolfbaby...it is very frustrating and we all understand your frustration on this issue! We stand with you on this! Please make sure that you communicate that to your Senators, Congress person and the White House, too!!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    ILLEGAL ENTRANTS ARE SCAB LABOR. THEY TAKE AWAY THE POWER OF THE AMERICAN WORKER TO NEGOTIATE A DECENT WAGE AND WORKING CONDITIONS. THEY ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN SCAB LABOR CROSSING A UNION STRIKE LINE.
    They are different . They are very differernt because scabbs are here legally and have the right to be jerks and work for crap wages. Illegals don't have any rights.

redpony353 wrote:
    They are different . They are very differernt because scabbs are here legally and have the right to be jerks and work for crap wages. Illegals don't have any rights

Your point is well taken. But in one way they are the same. They take negotiating power away from the american worker. This is destroying our middle class.

nntrixie- I wonder if you are on to something with your last sentence- down in the northern neck of VA there is a "store" that is literally in the middle of nowhere ,was obviously a house ,its about 30'x30' square with a large plywood sign on the roof proclaiming it is -a restaurant, tejano/latino music store and a few other things! The other odd thing about it is its in a town of possibly 500 residents that are mostly aarp age (not dissing just making a point).How could such an operation make enough to keep open?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12