Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Juan Hernande -- Titles of Nobility Amendment

I saw Juan Hernandez on FoxNews discussing the 'immigration' problem. It was on Hannity -- I guess it was him that brought up the Mexican Constitution and he pointed out that naturalized citizens or Americans could not be in the Mexican government. Juan Hernandez assured him that wasn't true that he was an American CITIZEN and was a "cabinet member" for Vincente Fox ... so I went looking for verification of this VERY important FACT:

April 19, 2006

Juan Hernandez, Mexican Government Cabinet Member, to Address Immigraton Reform Debate at DePaul’s Lincoln Park Campus Thursday, April 20

Juan Hernandez, Mexican Government Cabinet Member, to Address Immigraton Reform Debate at DePaul’s Lincoln Park Campus Thursday, April 20

Juan Hernandez, cabinet member of the Mexican government, will address the current national debate on immigration reform at DePaul University's Lincoln Park Campus at 8 p.m., Thursday, April 20 at St. Vincent de Paul Church, 1010 W. Webster Ave.

Hernandez, the first U.S.-born Cabinet member in Mexican history, was appointed by Mexican President Vincente Fox to head the Office for Mexicans Abroad. He will discuss the ongoing immigration debate and its impact on millions of people in the United States, followed by a question-and-answer session with the audience.

Described in Fortune Magazine as "one of the most brilliant men in the world," Hernandez is a passionate defender of the rights of immigrants. He is the author of a new book on the subject, titled The New American Pioneers: Why Are We Afraid of Mexican Immigrants?

Named Humanitarian Man of 2001 by Latin Trade Magazine, and honored as one of the 100 most influential Hispanics in the United States by Hispanic Business Magazine during that same year, Hernandez is a regular guest on national television shows on Univision, CNN and Fox News Channel.

The event is sponsored by 19 different DePaul University offices, organizations and student groups, as well as by St. Vincent de Paul Parish. Admission to the event is free, but reservations are requested due to limited space. Please contact Alejandro Magana for registration information at 773/325-7569 or amagana1@depaul.edu.

Media Contact: Shawn Malayter, (312)362-6978

it appears Senor Hernandez IS NOT an American citizen -- he has 'dual citizenship' -- divided loyalties. He is a Mexican citizen influencing OUR government for Mexico

Dual citizens as officials

. . . Most American dual citizens are Mexican-Americans. The most prominent is Juan Hernandez, born in Dallas, who is a member of the Cabinet of Mexican President Vicente Fox.

In 1998, Mexico, which had previously discouraged dual citizenship, passed a law declaring that any persons born in Mexico, or born to Mexican nationals wherever they reside, can claim Mexican citizenship even if they are citizens of another country.

A more recent law permits absentee voting in Mexican elections. The upshot of these changes is that millions of Hispanics could be eligible to vote in Mexico's elections, as well as U.S. elections.

Losing citizenship

Voting in a foreign election, serving in a foreign army, or swearing allegiance to a foreign government used to be automatic grounds for losing U.S. citizenship. But a 5-4 decision by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1967 made it all but impossible for someone to lose U.S. citizenship unless he or she wants to give it up.

The case involved a naturalized American citizen originally from Poland, who moved to Israel in 1950. Beys Afroyim tried to get his U.S. passport renewed in 1960, but the State Department turned him down. Afroyim had voted in Israeli elections, which meant he had automatically lost his U.S. citizenship, the department said.

The Supreme Court said the 14th Amendment effectively elevated citizenship to a constitutional right and ruled that it can be lost only if renounced.

http://www.post-gazette.com/nation/2002 ... 0515p4.asp
    the CONSTITUTION, not the Supreme Court, is the supreme law of the land and specifically addresses TREASON --

the Constitution for the United States

Article I Section 9:

"No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state"

the original 13th amendment would amend the above article. It disappeared from the Constitution during the reign of Lincoln, some claim it wasn't ratified, provided

"If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive or retain, any title of nobility or honour, or shall, without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them."

the Titles of Nobility Amendment (TONA) was, and STILL IS, a proposed amendment to the United States Constitution and must be.ratified by 38 states to become a part of the Constitution -- it has already been ratified by 12 states:
    Maryland in 1810,
    Delaware, Georgia, Kentucky, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Vermont all in 1811,
    Massachusetts on February 27, 1812,
    New Hampshire on December 9, 1812.

LET'S GET THIS RATIFIED !! no man can serve two masters or two countries
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

He wouldn't have been able to hold the post if he had been a naturalized citizen I suppose.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

exactly, but you know how these people lie, he said it wasn't true that an American couldn't be in the government because he was an American citizen -- he forgot to say he was a dual citizen of Mexico ...

this guy gives me the creeps, he just keeps laughing like that Congressmen from Illinois ... do they think they're funny?
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

This guy is so sickly sweet, a diabetic would have to take an extra dose of insulin just to be around him . calling everone, "my friend.my friend". Why these people aren't Mexico is beyond me, if he was a cabinet member, what in the world is he doing here?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Exactly! I can't stand looking at him! I've emailed Fox news twice, asking them to keep him off the air.....he smiles like a "chessie cat" all the time and that "dear friend" crap......he makes me want to slap his silly, arrogant face!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Office for Mexicans Abroad

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    calling everone, "my friend.my friend" . . . if he was a cabinet member, what in the world is he doing here?
    he sounds like a snake oil salesmen to me -- I guess he says "my friend" because he can't honestly say "my fellow countrymen"

why is he here? -- that's a good question and one that somebody needs to address

like your new avatar ...

moosetracks

can't stand his counterpart either, the Congressman from Illinois

either these people are grinning like the cat that ate the canary, or they're hollering at the news anchors