Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Judge Blocks Fla. Election Fraud Safeguard

Judge Blocks Fla. Election Fraud Safeguard
    Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:06 PM

A federal judge blocked enforcement Tuesday of a Florida law that prevents people from registering to vote if officials cannot match their Social Security or driver's license numbers to federal or state databases.

With six weeks before the state's presidential primary, U.S. District Judge Stephan Mickle issued a temporary injunction against the law, which is meant to prevent election fraud.

"The court recognized that this law is in direct conflict with federal laws designed after the 2000 election debacle to make sure every eligible citizen can have their vote counted," said plaintiffs' lawyer Justin Levitt, who is with the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University.

Florida Secretary of State Kurt Browning maintained the state law complies with federal ones and said he would immediately appeal.

"I also think it is unwise to introduce such a major change in Florida's election procedure on the eve of Florida's presidential preference primary," Browning said.

Three civil rights organizations argued the statute violates federally protected voting rights because the databases are unreliable and the matching process is prone to human error, computer glitches and other problems.

"There could be typos," said Elizabeth Westfall, one of the plaintiffs' lawyers. "Someone could be using their married name, but their Social Security number might be entered under their maiden name."

The use of two last names by Hispanics and nontraditional names or spellings favored by many blacks put them at greater risk of error, said Westfall, an attorney with the Advancement Project, a civil rights legal group based in Washington.

The state and plaintiffs β€” the Florida Conference of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, Southwest Voter Education Project and Haitian-American Grassroots Coalition β€” agreed 14,000 people have been unable to register because their numbers failed to match.

That's proof the law has caused actual harm, the judge found.

"This disenfranchisement, however unintentional, causes damage to the election system that cannot be repaired after the election has passed," Mickle wrote. "This impact is not 'minimal.' The harm to a disenfranchised voter would be impossible to repair."

The judge noted that other means could be used to verify a person's identity including bank statements, utility bills or other government documents.

A federal judge barred Washington state last year from enforcing a similar law. Washington later agreed to let people with unmatched information register but requires additional information before their ballots are counted.

http://www.newsmax.com/us/florida_elect ... 58112.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These days the scales of Justice always seem to tilt in favor of the would be criminal.

There could be typos," said Elizabeth Westfall, one of the plaintiffs' lawyers. "Someone could be using their married name, but their Social Security number might be entered under their maiden name."

Sure......and there could also be hoardes of illegals voting who have no right to do so, but we'll hear none of that nonsense, now will we?

I couldn't even finish reading this article in this morning's paper because I was so disgusted.

Why don't these people just cut through the crap and speak the truth for a change which is simple "IAs are voting, yes. We don't care and there's not a damned thing you people can do about it so just quit your whining and deal with it'

I'll tell ya.....one good, in depth investigation into voter fraud in this country and see how many of all elected officials....on every level.....would still find themselves employed.

But, what the hell.....if they're going to insist upon turning us into the New Third World, they might as well include the corrupt election process into the mix while they're at it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wouldn't it be better to do some public service messages and tell people they need to make sure their voter registration is in order and the ID will match?

Shouldn't making sure be the responsibility of the individual?

Gee I wonder who this Judge works for...Let me guess it is not for the American people and their right to have an honest election so they are the ones who choose their elected officals for their country.

------------ "RED ALERT" ------------------
    ACTIVIST PLEASE TAKE ACTION!!! NOW!! 12/19
    HUCKABEE/GILCHRIST

Link to information and Instructions!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-94878.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

nntrixie wrote:
    Wouldn't it be better to do some public service messages and tell people they need to make sure their voter registration is in order and the ID will match?

Shouldn't making sure be the responsibility of the individual?
    Your posts are always full of common sense and logic--you should run for public office.

The judge noted that other means could be used to verify a person's identity including bank statements, utility bills or other government documents.
    None of the examples he gave have anything to do with citizenship and the legal right to vote. Neither ultility bills or bank statements are government documents. How is a utility bill LEGAL proof of anything--one could even have a utility bill notorized and it means nothing in these days of idenity theft and fraud. Banks accept Matricular Consular Cards allowing illegals to open bank accounts so naturally they would have bank statements. Social Security fraud is rampid. "Other government documents"--the judge failed to state FL or US government documents so will any foreign government document do?

U.S. District Judge Stephan Mickle is apparently unaware of the real world and what constitues a legal document so he should be removed from the bench.

β€œIt's not the voting that's democracy; it's the counting.β€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Your posts are always full of common sense and logic--you should run for public office.

Oh, Wow! Think anyone would vote for me?

Do we need anymore proof that illegals will be voting? This is a glaring illustration of our government's facilitation of voter fraud. This will be nationwide. It certainly explains all of the pandering to illegals. I feel physically sick over this travesty. When will enough be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

I'll vote for you trixie.

nntrixie wrote:

I would volunteer as your campaign manager....
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast