Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LadyDreake, you said it pretty good, i guess though the way I feel is fi they listened in on me for whatever reason nothing I would be saying that would get me in trouble. mabye a little gossip about Joy blow down the street but I think that is only a sin, not illegal right :P I am just saying that I believe there are times in our history we have to make a trade to protect our lives, I don't feel that this trade the illegal wire tapping takes away from my freedom in the least, now if I was talking to AL-keda perhaps I would lose my freedom, though, I feel anyone talking to them deserves to lose their freedom! They are the enemy, I am an Indian, I take my enemies very seriously and will do whatever is in my power to get them, for the sake of my children and grandchildren. If I could see that an innocent american was being hurt by this, I would change my mind, however I would have to wonder just how innocent an american might be if he or she was talking with AL-keda, in the first place, right?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

nitty, I get where you're coming from. Really I do. But on the other side of it, it's good to understand the question that begs asking is exactly where will the line be drawn? What will be the next right taken from us? And who in the heck is going to stop them from taking everything?

We as a people simply do not know and it certainly isn't the government who's willing to tell us. Nope, give an inch, they take a mile.

As for terrorists, if they want it bad enough, they will find a way to hit us. Nothing we can do to prevent that. Yes, we can take measures to reduce the likelyhood, but not literally prevent it. And while the trade off might be acceptable to you or anyone else, it's not necessarily acceptable to everyone.

Like I said before, the wiretaps don't bother me because there really is no privacy in the military and so I've been "desensitized". However, I'm not so sure I would have the same attitude if I'd never joined. I might be just as ticked as those who are ... ticked.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:24 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jbird wrote:
    Remember that those who sacrifice liberty for security desrve niether.
    Hello jbird!

You can't sacrifice your liberty to criminals either and the way to catch them is with security.

Dixie

I agree with you Dixie but you dont want the kind of security that can possibly be turned on the law abiding citizens. Just ask yourself, if the war on terror was to end today, would the Bush Administration repeal the wiretapping? I dont think they would.

I'm with you!! I have nothing to hide, and these brainwashed Arabs do, I want them to be listened and spied upon.
    That's just it. They aren't using this to spy on just Arabs they suspect of terror, there are records of them spying on American citizens and that's just unacceptable. All of you who say oh they can spy on me, I have nothing to hide or it's ok that they spy on me because of the war on terror, what rubbish. So I'm suppose to give up my god given rights as a citizen because our incompetent government is power hungry? They won't secure our borders, they let in the entire world and yet I'm suppose to feel safe because they are spying on whoever they want?

So what's going to happen when one of us is talking on the phone and spewing our anger for illegal aliens or whatever else that we hate about the government? Are we to worry that one day big brother might come breaking down our doors and arresting us for alleged hate crimes or whatever charge they can trump up on us because they don't agree with what we are saying on the phone? Your damn right. We're suppose to lose our freedoms because the government refuses to stop allowing third world thugs into our country in the name of national security? No I'm sorry, but I call Bull S**t on that one.

Knowing this administration, they probably use the Patriot Act to spy on the Minutemen and Alipac more than they do suspected Middle Eastern terrorists.

For once the judge got it right. No warrants, no wiretapping. That's the way it should be. Besides do you really want the Patriot Act in the hands of Hillary Clinton, should she become president?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

why do people care about this if they have nothing to hide?
    I wouldn't have had a problem with it, IF they had followed the law and got the wiretaps okayed by the FISA court. There was a legal process for getting what he wanted, but he chose to do it another way. It's a general flaw I see in Bush. He's very arrogant when it comes to doing things "his way".

If he had followed the law, he could have wiretapped all he wanted, but just like his stance on immigration, he thinks he knows a better way to do it. It has now backfired on him and because of his arrogance, he will never admit he was wrong.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

dman1200
    Do you have proof there are records where they were spying on everyday Americans? Just for the record, I would like to know what W. thinks about this, What do you think W.? Do you think the government is listening to what the Americans are saying about the illegals?

Do you have proof there are records where they were spying on everyday Americans?
    No offense, but have you not seen the news the past few months? This administration has even admitted to doing so. What more proof to you need then that? I don't have time to research every article about this, but yes it's happened.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

dman1200, no offense taken, don't know how I missed that one, I am such a news junkie, in fact I just heard today they had no proof there had been any listening to Americans other then ones talking overseas to Al-Keida. I have gotten to where I no longer trust anything I hear in the news. for instance, the day they had the trouble with the female passenger on the airplane from England, it was first reported the passenget had vaseline, matches, notes from AL-keida and other things, then it was reported that no this was absolutely not true, the next day it was reported it was true! So, tell me who do you believe?

MW
    nittygritty wrote:

dman1200, no offense taken, don't know how I missed that one, I am such a news junkie, in fact I just heard today they had no proof there had been any listening to Americans other then ones talking overseas to Al-Keida.
    You're spot on nitty, the calls being monitored are calls made to location outside the United States. I fully support the NSA wiretapping program and consider it a necessary evil in our fight against terrorism. Let me ask the ALIPAC members against the wiretapping this: Would you support wiretapping if there was a way it could be used to deport a bulk of the 12-20 million illegal immigrants currently residing and working in the United States? You're darn skippy I would, in a humminbird second! Unfortunately, sacrifices are sometimes necessary to preserve and enhance our quality of life. Personally, I think our war on terrorism is one of those times. I'm for almost anything that could help to prevent another 9/11 incident. Perhaps some people in this country would feel a little differently if it was their mother, son, brother, father, etc. that died in the World Trade Center. I'm also going to assume that some would have felt differently had the wiretapping issue surfaced within the first 12 months post 9/11. The further in history the incident gets, the less some remember exactly how horrific it was. Honestly, I think our government has better things to do besides listen in on every call we make to our grandma. It's just unfortunate that those better things aren't related to illegal immigration!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

All of you who say oh they can spy on me, I have nothing to hide or it's ok that they spy on me because of the war on terror, what rubbish.
    Their position is no more bs than yours. Neither side is right or wrong. There are pro's and con's to both sides. At least you all still get to make that choice. You should be glad for it.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast