Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    BLUEMELLOW, LET ME GIVE YOU MY OWN PERSONAL STORY (I'LL CONDENSE IT). MY HUSBAND SERVED THIS COUNTRY FOR 11 YEARS IN THE AIR FORCE, HE WAS A CRYPTOGRAPHER (NOT MUCH CALL FOR THAT IN THE CIVILIAN WORLD!!). HE WENT TO VIETNAM.

HE HAS A LOT OF WORK ETHIC, WORKS HARD, IS HIGHLY ORGANIZED AND A GOOD PERSON, A LOYAL AMERICAN, HE IS PAID $11.00 HOURLY AND HIS EMPLOYER OFFERS HIM A MEDICAL/DENTAL PACKAGE THAT WOULD COST US A TOTAL OF $660.00 PER MONTH JUST TO COVER OUR TWO KIDS AND ME, BUT WE CAN IN NO WAY AFFORD IT. HE IS A RECEIVING CLERK AND WORKS WITH A MAN WHO IS A TRAINED ARCHITECT WHO COULD FIND NOTHING ELSE.

AS FOR THE LAWYER, DOCTOR AND PROFESSIONAL JOBS YOU MENTIONED, I BET ALMOST ALL OF THE PEOPLE HERE IN THIS MESSAGE BOARD ARE BLUE-COLLAR WORKERS, IT AFFECTS US VERY MUCH, THIS ISSUE OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TAKING THE JOBS THAT WOULD NORMALLY GO TO OUR TEENAGE KIDS, THEN THAT GROUP IS BUMPED UP TO THE NEXT FIELD, RETAIL, WHICH BUMPS UP THE ENTRY LEVEL ADULTS OUT OF THAT FIELD, THEN THEY ARE BUMPED UP INTO THE NEXT WHICH IS THE OFFICE FIELD TO WHICH THEY HAVE NO EXPERIENCE AND MUST TAKE NEAR MINIMUM WAGE PAY AT A SOME OTHER LOUSY JOB, THAT OFFERS NO BENEFITS. WHY YOU SAY? WHEN AN EMPLOYER IN THE LOWEST FILED OF EMPLOYMENT REPLACES AMERICANS WITH ILLEGALS, PAYING THEM ABOUT $5.00 HOURLY OR SO, OTHER EMPLOYERS CAN NOW BEGIN TO JUSTIFY PAYING ANY CITIZENS THEY HIRE LESS HOURLY BECAUSE OF TWO THINGS, DEMAND FOR THEIR AVAILABLE POSITIONS AND THEY KNOW THAT THEY COULD GET AN ILLEGAL FOR EVEN LESS.

YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND PEOPLE LIKE MY HUSBAND SPENT MANY YEARS SERVING THIS COUNTRY, HE CAME OUT WITH MILITARY EXPERIENCE, BUT IT DID HIM LITTLE GOOD IN THE WORKING WORLD, SO HE BEGAN TAKING BLUE-COLLAR JOBS THAT ARE NOW IN HIGH DEMAND AND EMPLOYERS ARE OFFERING VERY LITTLE FOR. THIS IS WHAT THE PRESENCE OF SO MANY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS HAS DONE TO OUR JOB MARKET, THEIR PRESENCE IN THAT MARKET HAS DRASTICALLY DEPRESSED THE WAGES OF THE AVERAGE WORKING AMERICAN NOT THE PROFESSIONALS (YET!!!).

YOU MIGHT ASK WHAT'S WRONG WITH $11.00 HOURLY, WELL A LOT!! WE HOMESCHOOL OUR KIDS BECAUSE THE SCHOOLS ARE SO OVERCROWDED (WITH ANCHOR BABIES WHO'S PARENTS PAY NO TAXES TO SUPPORT THE SCHOOLS THEIR KIDS GO TO), AND UNDERFUNDED (REMEMBER, ILLEGALS DO NOT PAY TAXES AS THEY ARE GENERALLY PAID UNDER THE TABLE), AND IF TWO OF US ARE WORKING, THEN WE ARE CONSIDERED "MIDDLE-CLASS" AND THEN ONE OF US WOULD SIMPLY BE WORKING TO WORK AND REALLY NEVER SEE A SECOND PAYCHECK (IT'S THIS WAY FOR THOSE OF US IN THE BLUE-COLLAR WORLD), AS OUR TAX BRACKET WOULD JUMP DRAMATICALLY, AS IT IS, I JUST DID OUR TAXES AND BETWEEN OUR FEDERAL TAXES, SOCIAL SECURITY TAX, FICA AND OUR STATE INCOME TAX, WE PAID OUT ABOUT $3500.00 THIS LAST YEAR.

HERE IN THE PART OF OREGON WE LIVE IN, OUR RENT IS $650.00 (WE LIVE IN A TWO BEDROOM, MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE CONVERTED THE GARAGE INTO A TEMPORARY ROOM), OUR ELECTRIC IS $200.00 PER MONTH AND OF COURSE PHONE IS ABOUT $40.00, THEN OF COURSE THERE IS NECESSARY CLOTHING ON OCCASSION, TOILETRIES AND PERSONAL PRODUCTS, TRANSPORTATION, AND FOOD. WE PRETTY MUCH COME OUT EVEN, NOTHING LEFT OVER TO SAVE FOR A HOUSE OF OUR OWN.

THIS MY FRIEND IS WHY THE AVERAGE AMERICAN LIKE ALL OF US HERE ARE WANTING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, IF EMPLOYERS DO NOT HAVE SLAVE ILLEGALS THEY CAN HIRE CHEAPLY, THEN THEY WILL BE DESPERATE ENOUGH TO HIRE AMERICANS AT A LIVABLE, DECENT WAGE.

ONE LAST POINT BLUE, GO TO SOME OF THE LATINO, PRO-ILLEGAL ALIENS SITES AND SEE FOR YOURSELF HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT THE AMERICANS ASSERTING THEIR OPINIONS ABOUT THEIR OWN COUNTRY, LOOK AT THEIR POSTINGS AND THEIR RHETORIC ABOUT US. DO YOURSELF THIS FAVOR SO YOU CAN LEARN, LIKE WE ALL HAVE, HOW THESE SO-CALLED "POOR HISPANIC ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS" REALLY SEE US, WE ARE JUST IN THEIR WAY TO GET ALL THEY WANT FROM THIS COUNTRY WITHOUT EVER HAVING ANY LOYALTIES TO THIS COUNTRY, OR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE IT WHAT IT IS, THE AMERICANS.

THERE ARE SOME GOOD PEOPLE TRULY WANTING TO BECOME AMERICANS, LIVING BETTER AND IMPROVED LIVES, BUT WE HAVE ALL TOO MANY THAT JUST WANT TO TAKE A FREE RIDE, SUPPORTED BY PEOPLE WHO CAN LEAST AFFORD IT, PEOPLE LIKE MY HUSBAND AND I AND OTHERS THAT MAKE BARELY ENOUGH TO COVER OUR OWN NEEDS, AND STILL PAY OUT TO OUR GOVERNMENT TO SUPPORT ALL THOSE ILLEGALS AND THEIR ANCHOR BABIES.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

THEIR PRESENCE IN THAT MARKET HAS DRASTICALLY DEPRESSED THE WAGES OF THE AVERAGE WORKING AMERICAN NOT THE PROFESSIONALS (YET!!!).
    AE, if you saw the presidunts speech yesterday then you know he's asking congress to increase the H1B visa program. They've capped it at 30,000 per year...but Bush thinks we don't have ENOUGH educated people in America to handle these jobs. So he wants MORE foreigners in here to take over the professionals jobs as well.

THIS MAN MUST BE STOPPED NOW

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Every H1B visa that is allowed puts an American, usually a high tech worker, out of work.

When you phone your elected Representatives, ask them where in the Constitution it allows them to be a Employment Agency for foreign workers.

Really get on them about H1B visas. We got alot of converts the last time this issue came up in the Senate and it was voted down.
    Is this Mexico or the USA

I BET ALMOST ALL OF THE PEOPLE HERE IN THIS MESSAGE BOARD ARE BLUE-COLLAR WORKERS,
    I'm a white collar professional and I dont agree that most people on this forum are blue collar.

I'm a white HAIRED worker but my collar is sweaty, not blue or white.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    AS FOR THE LAWYER, DOCTOR AND PROFESSIONAL JOBS YOU MENTIONED, I BET ALMOST ALL OF THE PEOPLE HERE IN THIS MESSAGE BOARD ARE BLUE-COLLAR WORKERS, IT AFFECTS US VERY MUCH, THIS ISSUE OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TAKING THE JOBS THAT WOULD NORMALLY GO TO OUR TEENAGE KIDS, THEN THAT GROUP IS BUMPED UP TO THE NEXT FIELD, RETAIL, WHICH BUMPS UP THE ENTRY LEVEL ADULTS OUT OF THAT FIELD, THEN THEY ARE BUMPED UP INTO THE NEXT WHICH IS THE OFFICE FIELD TO WHICH THEY HAVE NO EXPERIENCE AND MUST TAKE NEAR MINIMUM WAGE PAY AT A SOME OTHER LOUSY JOB, THAT OFFERS NO BENEFITS. WHY YOU SAY? WHEN AN EMPLOYER IN THE LOWEST FILED OF EMPLOYMENT REPLACES AMERICANS WITH ILLEGALS, PAYING THEM ABOUT $5.00 HOURLY OR SO, OTHER EMPLOYERS CAN NOW BEGIN TO JUSTIFY PAYING ANY CITIZENS THEY HIRE LESS HOURLY BECAUSE OF TWO THINGS, DEMAND FOR THEIR AVAILABLE POSITIONS AND THEY KNOW THAT THEY COULD GET AN ILLEGAL FOR EVEN LESS.
    AmericanElizabeth,

Your whole post is well said but let me mention something here about office work since you mention it in the above paragraph. At a local government supported job center, I saw information for FREE entry level computer skills being given in both English and Spanish. Not only this, but online through a non-profit, some computer wordprocessing, spread sheet and graphics software was being offered free lessons online in both English and Spanish. In addition, many jobs now in service or other industries require job applicants to be bi-lingual (with English/Spanish of course, not Chinese or some other language).

It makes me sick! Is there an Emoticon for a barf bucket?
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    AmericanElizabeth,

Your whole post is well said but let me mention something here about office work since you mention it in the above paragraph. At a local government supported job center, I saw information for FREE entry level computer skills being given in both English and Spanish. Not only this, but online through a non-profit, some computer wordprocessing, spread sheet and graphics software was being offered free lessons online in both English and Spanish. In addition, many jobs now in service or other industries require job applicants to be bi-lingual (with English/Spanish of course, not Chinese or some other language).

Just to quote myself and what I forgot to mention in the above paragraph, I will mail Alipac flyers about employers hiring illegal aliens to the above non-profits. I cannot believe they are catering to illegal aliens by offering free computer training in Spanish! These should be offered IN ENGLISH only in the good ol' USA.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Quote Originally Posted by Truism
    I BET ALMOST ALL OF THE PEOPLE HERE IN THIS MESSAGE BOARD ARE BLUE-COLLAR WORKERS,
    I'm a white collar professional and I dont agree that most people on this forum are blue collar.
    How can someone disqinguish between blue and white- collar now? It used to be that any career that required someone to dress up or wear a suit in an office setting, was considered white-collar. It also was easy to tell who were nurses, doctors, and lab technicians too. But now-a-days, the dress code is anything 'you feel like throwing on'.
    Is it determined by skill, or wages? Not anymore. Is it distinguished on whether you rent an apartment, live in a trailer, own a house, have a fancy car, or take a bus? Not anymore. Is it decided by the amount of education you have, whether its a high school education, a technical certificate, or a college diploma? Not anymore.
    Some of my friends who are nurses cant find jobs, because the pay is too low, and keeps getting lower as foreign nurses are hired because hospitals say they cant find American nurses available. Its a crock. Doctors dont have to worry, YET. Experienced accountants, bookkeepers, secretaries, and other office professionals, are losing work to foregin workers OUR COUNTRY KEEPS RECRUITING. BUSH is lieing through his teeth when he says WE NEED foreign people to fill slots, because Americans are "not skilled enough". Also crock.
    Anyway--I'm just ranting. But it really doesnt matter whether some of us work as cashiers at filling stations, or in hospitals as professionals; because we are all united on one cause. AND THAT IS TO FINALLY PUT A STOP ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Some of my friends who are nurses cant find jobs, because the pay is too low, and keeps getting lower as foreign nurses are hired because hospitals say they cant find American nurses available. Its a crock.
    One thing I have never been able to figure out about Americans is why they would rather not have a job at all than work for ten bucks an hour. I hear so many people say it that it begins to disturb me. Seems to me less money is better than none. What the hell happened to our values? Are we going to continue to sit around and let outsiders take our jobs because we think we are too good to work?

In defense of the hospitals, they are already facing bankruptcy for giving out free medical care. How can they pay everyone premium wages on top of that and still stay in business? Some may claim to be non-profit but they still can't start printing up money to make the payroll if they fall short.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie
    Here you go. William needs to add one of these to the forum.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast