Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

Re: Just When You Think You've Heard It All...

Quote Originally Posted by BitsyD
    ...along comes a story like this:

A young co-worker of mine in the health care industry started her shift in tears, obviously distraught. After asking her what in the world was going on, this was the story she relayed to me:

Her father, mother and two older siblings are all illegal. Apparently her father is a raging alcoholic who spends his leisure time drinking and driving. The good news is that after FOUR DWIs (luckily he didn't kill anyone), he was deported. The bad news is that whomever finalized the deportation failed to confiscate his cache of forged documents. So he was back within two weeks.

Surprise! Last Friday, after being arrested AGAIN for DWI, he was sentenced to one year in the slammer in Seagoville, TX. (So now our tax money is going to house and feed him-SHEESH!). My co-worker was hysterical with worry wondering what was going to happen to her mother, since she has never worked, speaks no English (even though she's been here illegally for 22 years), and just lost her source of income.

Out of curiousity, I managed to politely ask why her parents had never bothered to learn English since so many schools, churches, and community colleges offer English as a second language FREE of charge. Not to mention, why didn't SHE teach them, or even bother to help them apply for green cards, etc., ...at least make an attempt to do the right thing?!

She said I was cold-hearted! After all, she said, "What am I going to doooo now? My poooor mom, and pooor poppy!"

I told her I was not going to apologize for having no sympathy for criminals, so the only advice I could offer was for her to take two jobs and support her mother. Now, she KNEW the old man was drinking and driving (under three different sets of forged papers which SHE helped him obtain--she went to court with him all five times to testify on his behalf).

"If you think I'm cold-hearted now, you're gonna love this: I hope they deport him AGAIN after his jail sentence". She said she was going to tell HR what I said and I told her go right ahead. "First, I'll deny it. Then I'll be on the phone with INS, the local police community where your two illegal brothers live with THEIR forged documents, the Social Security Administration, and the IRS to see if they've EVER filed tax returns."

Cold-hearted indeed. I declare!

We'll see what she does.

I swear I'm so fed up, I'm about a hair away from joining the Minutemen...
    If they've been working here illegally 22 years why can't they go back and retire on savings? living is cheap in mexico.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

MW
    mapwife wrote:

BitsyD, I felt your questions to her were totally appropriate. This is the way I think. When I hear about the high school kid that can't use the college scholarship because he's not legal, I asked why didn't they apply in the mean-time? Don't feel bad at all for asking a logical question.
    I don't think anyone illegally in this country should be able to apply for a green card, naturalization, or whatever. My feeling is, if they're here illegally, they must apply from outside this country. To allow them to do otherwise does not take into account their crime and therefore they are being awarded amnesty. Even a child brought here illegally should not be able to apply for citizenship unless the application originates from his/her homeland.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

BitsyD wrote:

"I swear I'm so fed up, I'm about a (mod edit) hair away from joining the Minutemen..."

Somebody better do something quick before BitsyD starts pulling those hairs out and joins the minute men. OUCH!!! javascript:emoticon('')
    Embarassed

I have your back but, I think we are outnumbered.

Trouble

They only give these sob stories when they are caught, they have no intention of applying for citizenship by entering our country illegally. Also I agree they cannot apply while they are living here that is not how it goes. I am so sick of these sob stories. Go back to your own country and make it better instead of coming to our country looking a free handout at the expense of american taxpayers.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If they've been working here illegally 22 years why can't they go back and retire on savings?
    Well, sounds like the hubby spent it on court fees and booze and maybe a new SUV. Who knows?

One respondent suggested you turn her in and apologize to her. I hope you turn her in but please don't apologize. She enabled her dad to drive drunk several times by supporting him in court. Someone worthwhile could have been injured or killed by him.
    Can't understand why nature would create mosquito's and people like him. At least the mosquito larvae feed the fish. There is no excuse for him.

Mexican morality is lower than the AIDs virus...is it any wonder why a country that has potential has never achieved much?

Its just another sob story, and the world is full of them. They had 22 years to apply to get legalized. Twenty-two years is a long time. And our roads are unsafe with all their drinking & driving. I've got no sympathy for them at all. And believe me, you are not cold-hearted.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12