Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Keep Dreaming, Dreamers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Keep Dreaming, Dreamers

Keep Dreaming, Dreamers

BY JIM TREACHER
    JANUARY 24, 2018

Juliana Torres, 16, left, and Micaela Lattimer, 16, both of Baltimore, rally in support of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, known as DACA, outside of the White House, in Washington, Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2017. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)

I don't know a lot about the rest of the world, because by God I'm an American. I know as much as I need to know about all those other countries, which consists of one thing and one thing only: They're not us. And thank goodness for that.

But one thing I do know is that if I moved to Mexico or Canada or France or England or any of those other, lesser countries, I'd be expected to obey their local laws. I wouldn't be exempt just because my feelings might get hurt. If I didn't comply, those countries would kick me the hell out. They'd probably even send me off with a few good "Yankee" zingers for good measure. And I'd deserve it.

If I choose to live in another country, I need to follow that country's rules. That's part of the deal. It's just common sense.

For some reason, though, that reasoning doesn't apply to people from other countries who come to the United States. Apparently, those folks don't need to obey the same laws as the rest of us. They're above all that.

"People aren't illegal," we're told, as though "illegal immigrant" were an epithet instead of a completely accurate description. We're supposed to call them "undocumented" instead, or at least until that euphemism becomes a pejorative as well. Then, I dunno, I guess they'll be "differently legal" or "citizenship-challenged" or something. Anything to dodge the issue. Anything to avoid speaking the plain truth.

The whole process also involves "Dreamers" drawing attention to themselves for breaking the law and/or advocating lawbreaking. Witness the following public temper tantrum, as reported by Hailey Branson-Potts and Cindy Carcamo at the L.A. Times:
    Beneficiaries of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program and their allies temporarily blocked a vehicle entrance to Disneyland on Monday, just as the Senate reached an agreement to end the government shutdown brought on in part by a stalemate over the young immigrants' future.
    The DACA recipients, commonly called Dreamers, stood in a crosswalk at South Harbor Boulevard around 10 a.m. and blocked buses from entering the Anaheim theme park. The 15 protesters were quickly removed by law enforcement officers and were relocated to a sidewalk, where they held signs and chanted, "No dream! No deal!"
    That makes sense, doesn't it? What better way to win people over to your cause than to ruin their family vacations? A guy works all year to take his kids to see Mickey Mouse, and then he can't get in because a bunch of people want to tell him how his tax dollars should be spent. They're taking advantage of his hospitality already just by being here, so why not really piss him off?

Meanwhile, on the other coast:

Daniel Altschuler@altochulo

If Chuck won’t let us Dream, we won’t let him sleep! Powerful chorus at @SenSchumer’s house demanding a clean #DreamActNow! @UNITEDWEDREAM @MaketheRoadNY
    5:10 PM - Jan 23, 2018

Chuck Schumer shut down the government for three days, and now all he's got to show for it is a bunch of his own people jumping up and down outside his house yelling at him. I don't know much about politics, but I know what I like!

At the same time all this is going on, we're also being told that America stinks and everybody else hates us. According to US News & World Report, we're now only the eighth-best country in the world, down from #7 last year. What's the best country in the world? Switzerland. Okay, so if you don't like where you live now, move to Switzerland. We're not stopping you. Their immigration laws might be a problem, but you can just block their amusement parks and protest outside their leaders' houses.

Look, I get why people are upset about this. If somebody has lived in America for a long time and started a family and made a life, it's sad to see it broken apart. If you're a kid and your parents broke the law to come here, that's not your fault. But either laws apply to everybody or they don't. If they don't, they're not really laws.

Oh wait, I forgot: Everything I just said is racist. If you agree with any of it, you're a racist. Shut up and keep paying your taxes, racist.
    https://pjmedia.com/trending/keep-dreaming-dreamers/

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Keep the family together...deport them all.

They broke themselves up by BREAKING our Laws...WE are not responsible for that!

Just like people in jail for crimes they commit "break up" their own families!

NOW DEPORT THEM ALL.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

get back dream in your home the shithole
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn