Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LegalUSCitizen: You are definitely correct about the Cubans. The discrimination continues and not only against Americans but certain other Hispanics which they feel are below them.
    Little Havana is getting a little smaller as one group of minorities is moving in but Hialeah is going strong as are areas in South Dade County.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ginger-snaps wrote:
    Besides, the war is only starting with me againt Dade County Public Schools over that since my school refuses to let me see my transcript or graduate me after 3 years of fighting.
    Grounds for a major law suit since the student is who the final transcript is suppose to go to. Can't enter a college without it. This person has been hurt by the fact that grades may have been altered and she was discriminated against. I hope she sues the pants off Dade County--they are corrupt.

bay_650 wrote:
    When I was in High School I took a Spanish class the Teacher was a member of the RAZA and she would hate on My two friends and I because she said we where Northerners
    Latins for latins only.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    My husband, born and raised in Miami helped me to sum up something that I would like to explain.

When the Cuban population in Miami reached about twenty percent, the government figured that they could not expect people to learn English in such a short time and so they began putting all government forms and papers in Spanish. What happened was that the Cubans began opening their own stores, pharmacies, insurance companies, etc. and essentially started their own micro-society.

The Cubans began only doing business with themselves and only hiring those who were Cuban or Latin.

Whereas the United States had just gone through the civil rights enlightenment and laws against discrimination were implemented, the people coming from Cuba were not in tune to this. They were able to get away with discrimination against Americans because they were not held to the EOE laws that the rest of America was being held to. Their population grew, the discrimination against Americans grew and it carried over into the elections. As they gained political power, the discrimination was even more overlooked and it was clear that the voice of the American people had been silenced.

Americans began leaving in the seventies when they began to no longer feel they were a part of Miami and it continued into the nineties.

So while the rest of America was learning about the danger and wrongfulness of discrimination.......in Miami discrimination was flourishing and the American citizen suffered, or moved or both.
    Okay so after world war two ended, and many europeans moved to the United States, there were no documents in English and Russian, Ukrainian, German, Polish and etc... They only did French. My grandparents who were in the war only knew Ukrainain. After the Russians took over Ukraine, they had to learn Russain. Then they moved to Germany to hide from everyone, in which case they learnt German. They moved to Canada once the war was over and still learned English as fast as they could. There is no excuse to cater to these hispanics in Miami. No one ever catered to me when I had to learn English at all. I'm sorry but just because lots of hispanics moved to Miami that's not an excuse to cater to them. How about all the Russians who moved to Sunny Isles? I don't see any Russian there except on the stores they own, and more than 50% of that city is populated by Russians.
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

It's not to say that there aren't some wonderful Hispanic people in Miami, and some of my closest friends are either first and mostly second generation legal immigrants from Cuba, ......it's just the insanity of losing your country without having left it.

It's crazy. It's sad. It's unbelievable.
    There are really nice hispanics I know, but majority of the hispanics who whine all day ruin it for the hispanics I look up to or like. Sad but true... A few bad apples ruins it for the bunch.
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    ginger-snaps wrote:
    Besides, the war is only starting with me againt Dade County Public Schools over that since my school refuses to let me see my transcript or graduate me after 3 years of fighting.
    Grounds for a major law suit since the student is who the final transcript is suppose to go to. Can't enter a college without it. This person has been hurt by the fact that grades may have been altered and she was discriminated against. I hope she sues the pants off Dade County--they are corrupt.

bay_650 wrote:[quote:3c9fehgc]When I was in High School I took a Spanish class the Teacher was a member of the RAZA and she would hate on My two friends and I because she said we where Northerners
    Latins for latins only.[/quote:3c9fehgc]

The woman ripped my transcript out of my hands at the school. Swatchick was there and even seen it. How can a woman tell you, that you never took gym class when you took it for 2 years straight and it's on the transcripts from your birth country?

by the way... swatchick is awesome to hang out with and talk to... Just to let you guys know.

What disguists me is that when my daughter went to high school all the Hispanic kids were allowed to take Spanish for their language credits even though they were fluent in it. Yet the school claims that you are not allowed to do that.
    The same thing in Florida. They say they can't do that. But they do.
    It's enforced the way the borders are enforced. You can't do that. Yea....right !! Se se puede.

Oh, BTW, our school has the Quaran Club. Can you believe it ? Now what if I or someone else went there and tried to start a Bible Club in a public school.

That wouldn't fly in an American public high school......but the Quaran Club is acceptable.
    Its these kinds of reverse discrimination double standards that really make my blood boil ! Since when can you have a racist movement ( la raza ) in a school ? Ive never been the racist type much but im really sick and tired of feeling like we live in the tower of babble ( babel?) and its about to fall.

I'm tired of their dance clubs too. Heaven for bid I start a club at college/university for something American. They'd rather have bachata, merengue and salsa dancing clubs, and spanish speaking clubs too. How about this. . . My friend's highschool is putting on a "Hispanic day" at her school with music, dancing, food, and the whole nine yards.... Can us Americans have an American day in highschool?

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    what does "she took the hating on me" mean?
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123