Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Profiling is an accepted means of criminal investigation developed in the twentieth century, supplanting earlier method of forensic science:

"Offender profiling is a behavioral and investigative tool that helps investigators to profile unknown criminal subjects or offenders. (Psychological profiling is not the same as offender profiling and the two should not be confused.) Offender profiling is also known as criminal profiling, criminal personality profiling, criminological profiling, behavioral profiling or criminal investigative analysis. Television shows such as Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Profiler in the 1990s, the 2005 television series Criminal Minds, and the 1991 film The Silence of the Lambs have lent many names to what the FBI calls "criminal investigative analysis." In modern criminology, offender profiling is generally considered the "third wave" of investigative science: the first wave was the study of clues, pioneered by Scotland Yard in the 19th century; the second wave the study of crime itself (frequency studies and the like); this third wave is the study of the abnormal psyche of the criminal."
    (from Wikipedia)

If a law enforcement officer is patrolling an area known for prostitution and sees someone suspiciously clad and whose behavior appears to fit a profile is it wrong to stop and make an inquiry?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Has anyone contacted judicialwatch.org and let them know about this?

If they rule against him, he has a good case for a retrial.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    She definitely needs to recuse herself. That is a total and complete conflict of interest.

Geez!
    Can we send emails to someone? Who?
    How about phone calls? To Who?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Captainron: You wrote,

"Profiling is an accepted means of criminal investigation developed in the twentieth century, supplanting earlier method of forensic science:

In modern criminology, offender profiling is generally considered the "third wave" of investigative science: the first wave was the study of clues, pioneered by Scotland Yard in the 19th century; the second wave the study of crime itself (frequency studies and the like); this third wave is the study of the abnormal psyche of the criminal."
    (from Wikipedia)

If a law enforcement officer is patrolling an area known for prostitution and sees someone suspiciously clad and whose behavior appears to fit a profile is it wrong to stop and make an inquiry?"

Great post !

I'f like to add some thoughts on "profiling" that I am convinced are being used by law enforcement and are therefore germane to this thread.

Last night I watched the Science Channel "Kevin Bacon -Power of 6th Degrees". This focused on social network analyzes. The program focused on the fact we humans live in interconnected worlds that turn out to be much smaller than onbe might think. Some of the findings in research indicates mathematical rules or underlying principles that seem to determine who we associate with and what we do.

In the program, it was demonstrated that people are "linked" and often communicate through "hubs" ... the metaphor of the WWW was used.

The program used the capture of Saddam Husein as an example of social network analyzes to illustrate one practical example of how this investigative tool works.

I can see cases where certain people socialize (link) according to certain illegal activities on a regular basis that pass through "hubs". I can see police concluding that these certain people have predictable characteristics (language, ethnicity, nationality, mannerisms, behaviors, location preferences, etc.). This is the "birds of a feather flock together" common sense observation brought forwards into modern science and removed from "stereotyping."

I guess what I am trying to say, is that one day, policemen (I don't give a *** about PC) will catch crooks based on social type indicators that include "objective" social network analyzes that stands up in court.

Now, to Joe Arpaio profiling in law enforcement work. I contend that, based on what you wrote as well as more recent forensic investigation tools, that our courts are way behind the times. This, was the case with DNA (now well accepted).

Now, if I wanted to have sex with a prostitute, where would I go? Huumm, maybe a red light district well known to include women of the night (hub) where I could "link" up with one or others of their kind. Gee, this seems common sense. Someday, I'll be able to do the same thing with an objective scientifically based software program?

Well, enought blaaa blaaa, blaaaa.

BTW: Joe Arpaio is one of my heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    She definitely needs to recuse herself. That is a total and complete conflict of interest.

Geez!
    Can we send emails to someone? Who?
    How about phone calls? To Who?
    How about Lou Dobbs, Laura Ingram, Anne Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, the US Attorney for Phoenix, the Governor of Arizona?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What ever happened to "The Conflict of Interest" clause?
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    What ever happened to "The Conflict of Interest" clause?
    The same thing that happened to the "thou shalt not enter the United States without permission". It farted and flew out of the window.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    This burns me up , Joe will prevail though .
    Knowing the
    Liberal Media , If they think they have the Sheriffs neck in a nuse they will Boast about it . The public gets wind of this AND This RACIST SISTERS Judge and this HOGWASH case will be thrown right in to the TOILET where IT and SHE belongs .
    This is not San Fran Murguia .
    Our good Sheriff Will round up some more ILLEGALS and say NEXT .
    This IS Classic Conflict of Interest .
    The FBI should and will Soon Be Investigating this Matter , I would assume .
    Go Get them Joe .
    We Got Your Back .
    My Opinion .

Yeah ... I also think Joe will prevail because the people of Arizona are sick and tired of this crap. We know that because they put proposition 200 on the ballot a few years ago to cut off benefits to illegal aliens and it passed in a statewide election!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast