Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Learn from June Griffin --- don't arrest her

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_90718.asp

Instead of arresting June Griffin, government officials should take
    lessons from her. This is America - not a foreign country whose flag
    should fly freely.

This reminds me of a joke that made the Internet rounds a few years back
    about a German plane that was trying to land in Germany. The air traffic
    controller was English and demanded the pilot speak English. The German
    pilot responded back that he was German and flying in Germany and so he should be able to speak German. The English controller replied that they lost the war so therefore he must speak English.

Has America lost a war that we were not told about? Is this why we must press one for English and pay extra for Spanish to be spoken by teachers? Is this why proud American citizens are arrested for removing a foreign flag?

If June Griffin broke a law then that law must be changed, just as the
    Jim Crow laws were changed. I wish Mrs. Griffin God's help in doing that.

Betty Williamson
    Copperhill, Tennessee
    ----------------------

This woman has created quite a stir. There are some interesting and opposing points of view on this comments page.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Re: Learn from June Griffin --- don't arrest her

Instead of arresting June Griffin, government officials should take
    lessons from her. This is America - not a foreign country whose flag
    should fly freely.
    Yes, let's abolish the first amendment and stop all of this nonsense.

US Flags only, English only and no gayness. Arrest and jail all offenders.

June Griffin for Congress!

Once we do that, we become what we despise.
    <div>&ldquo;No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.* You win the war, by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country&rdquo;</div>
    <div>--General George Patton, Jr.</div>

US Flags only, English only and no gayness. Arrest and jail all offenders.
    gayness? where did that come in?

I'm not promoting her, just finding this all very interesting.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Quote Originally Posted by krazynbama
    From June; she wants to ban gayness. It was part of her platform when she ran for Congress and she attempted to get it on a ballot vote or something in TN.

Sorry, but this women is so far to the Right, she ran into the Left.
    <div>&ldquo;No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.* You win the war, by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country&rdquo;</div>

whatever inspector. As I have stated, I do not promote this woman, i find the arrest issue surrounding her very interesting. That is all. This forum is not about sexual orientation ( I don't use the term "gayness"), so I didn't bring that up. I didn't bring up her political career either because I'm only interested in the issue over her arrest. I would like to hear opinions from others also concerning her arrest.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Okay, my opinion. She did commit a crime and there are penalties for that.

That being said illegals are committing crimes every day against citizens and are NOT being held accountable and in fact many of these crimes are much, much worse.

Two wrongs don't make a right but I think they are going a little over the top with the charges. For me personally I am getting a little tired of all the excuses that are given for illegals, the forgiveness of identity theft the Senate would like to give them, the illegals who are arrested for various crimes 10+ times and are only held accountable when they finally kill someone, etc.

The double standard that is clearly displayed is wearing on me and I am sure many others. This issue is being allowed to fester until it will reach a point where people acting out will become more and more common and more violent. I truely believe it is the path this country is on.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968

Two wrongs don't make a right but I think they are going a little over the top with the charges.
    This issue is being allowed to fester until it will reach a point where people acting out will become more and more common and more violent. I truely believe it is the path this country is on.
    Couldn't agree more. I think actions will become more outrageous to get a point across. American citizens are crying out and being ignored....some people get frustrated and use inappropriate actions to draw attention to the issue.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    That being said illegals are committing crimes every day against citizens and are NOT being held accountable and in fact many of these crimes are much, much worse.
    And what does that have to do with this article?

There is no indication that anyone in the article is an illegal alien. The owner of the store is a US Citizen and the citizenship of the guy working at the store is unknown. Folks just assume he's illegal because of his name and she claims he didn't good enough English.

There is a point that should be made regarding the sterotyping of illegals nowadays. The fact is that there are now, according to many census organizations, more illegal mexicans/otm's (hispanics) than legal mexicans/otm's (hispanics). That pretty much means that if you think they're illegal you have a better than 50/50 chance of being correct. We didn't put the mexicans and OTMs in this position, they did it all by themselves.

The view in America nowadays, among like minded individuals that post here, is that every non-english speaking hispanic is here illegally or aids and abets illegals on a daily basis in the workplace and in our neighborhoods and it's mainly due to the fact that it is now statistically most likely to be true.

We're so afraid to racially profile people in our country that we let middle eastern muslims come and go until they kill thousands of our people THEN they decide to start profiling. We let them bomb the WTC twice before we openly accuse them of ill will towards our country. We're now doing the same with mexicans and otm's. We let criminals walk around us every day because the haven't killed enough or raped enough ro robbed enough people at one time to do anything about it.

Other countries profile anyone who fits the profile of a criminal. If they have trouble with a certain race/geographic location/religion they send the word out and find everyone they can that fits the profile. That's how they stay safe.

We KNOW for a fact that we have tens of millions of illegal mexicans and legal one's here that aid and abet. Based on known fact and empirical data, if they don't speak english, are hispanic and fit the known profile of an illegal border crosser (that's an easy one), that should be enough nowadays to challenge their legality until we rid ourselves of the illegals and leave the legal one's behind to weep.

Any real American tries to learn the language, any real Frenchman learns and speaks fluent french etc. Everyone else that fits the profile must be suspect?
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marineinspector
    Quote Originally Posted by krazynbama
    From June; she wants to ban gayness. It was part of her platform when she ran for Congress and she attempted to get it on a ballot vote or something in TN.

Sorry, but this women is so far to the Right, she ran into the Left.
    Please provide evidence to back up your claims of what she wanted to ban. Like an article from a respected news website.

It just sounds really extreme.

While it may have been stupid to do what she did I still don't think she should be punished for it as "civil rights intimidation". The illegals do things similar to what she did constantly to Americans and they get away with it.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast