Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

All public schools receive federal funds - don't they?

I don't know why I am shocked by this.

About 2 years ago, when we were in AZ, our DIL's Mother and I made a trip from Phoenix to NE Texas to get our grandchildren.

We were so very tired when we got to Midland and stopped at a nice looking motel. It was dark already, and a girl who was Hispanic was desk clerk, which didn't register with me as there are a lot of people of Mexican heritage in that area.

We asked where was a place we could get something to eat closeby and she told us a couple, but she said they were having a dinner of sorts in one of the meeting rooms and we were welcome to eat with them.

So, we decided to take them up on it - it was all Mexicans and the food was pretty much home-cooked - not catered. They were all very nice, the music was Mexican of course. We ate, talked with them, and they even wrapped up some dessert for us.

There was no alcohol, no rowdy behavior, lots of kids, etc.

As we went back to our rooms, we noticed there were no white people visible - only Mexicans. When we tried to use the phone to call back to AZ and tell them where we were - there were no outside lines available. We just used the cell phone to call. Strange, but we were so tired, the motel was clean and we just went to bed.

Later the next day as we were discussing the strangeness of it, we realized this was probably a drop off for illegals. It had to be.

Now truly I didn't feel in danger - and as odd as it sounds, I wasn't uncomfortable.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So, who's going to hop on this one...it can't go undone.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    If this is a public school then it has no right to tell an English speaking student that he must learn Spanish to attend!!! This is a lawsuit and one should be placed now!!! Public schools must follow a State level curriculum in order to receive grants and State funding! Only schools that are below state levels and have very bad financial hardships is where the Federal Government steps in. All public schools are ran by the state governors office and state legislation. If the state imposed this standard (I doubt they did) then you can hit them at state level saying its unconstitutional which it is! Just how we cant practice religion in public schools we should only practice the English language as the primary language taught to our children in a public school!!!

But if this is a private school they can do as they please...

But if this is not a private school they must be dealt with!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

This is something that seems to be happening across the country and in many different spheres:

i.e. USING OUR OWN LAWS AGAINST US !!!!!
    CRUCIAL, a local hispanic organization, who called in MALDEF and the ACLU. If it is, there are four schools involved and this totally Spanish aspect was not reported to the people of Odessa.
    MALDEF, ACLU seem to keep popping up. Aren't they involved i winning the suit against the Pennsylvania town that wants to enforce anti-illegal laws?

ACLU is; I haven't heard MALDEF involved with Hazelton. I have requested that the Odessa American provide further coverage of this - so far, nothing.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Not on our tax dollars! Enough is enough-the money train stops here.This is AMERICA we speak english.ASSIMILATE OR VACATE.

You know it is wrong - it is heinous - and any other words that can or can't be posted - but

This may be doing the child a favor. This child who can't attend the Spanish school will not be exposed to all the diseases that can and are being brought here by illegals.

I always just cringe when I think of children being cooped up in a warm classroom, drinking at the same fountain, sharing books, pencils, crayons, playground equipment, bathrooms, with children that may have these diseases.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123