Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This may be a good place to look for a source.

http://www.amazon.com/Where-Have-All.../dp/1416532471

Here are some more of Lee Iacocca's books.

http://www.alibris.com/search/books/...Iacocca,%20Lee

This may be a good place to look for a source.

Thanks for the tip. I remember that Iacocca was the key player in the Chrysler bail out, but sad to say, that's about all I remember. I will use your references to do some catching up.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

Where's The Outrage !! Why doesn't everyone feel the way we do about what's wrong in this country ? I know people are busy with jobs, family and just plain living, but, damn, can't they SEE what's happening ? Don't they question it ? How, in good concience, can they NOT take some kind of action ? I don't get it ! My husband commented to me the other day "You're spending a lot of time on your computer (ALIPAC) these days" I said, because it's the RIGHT thing to do.
    I feel this is the question of the hour -- of the YEAR - are people just not outraged? I personally feel like I'm extremely isolated in my outrage. Friends, acquaintences, co-workers, whomever -- it just doesn't seem anyone wants to talk about any of this. We see it and read it constantly in the news, but in your everyday circles -- no one mentions ANYTHING.

It's driving me nuts, for one. I'd like to go to the top of Capitol Hill and shout it from the tip of the dome -- "What the HELL is going on here in this country?????? Will somebody please step up to the plate and stop this madness??"

I will admit, I am VERY bogged down by work, by trying to put my kids through school, but taking care of my three children with very little help. Grandma and Grandpa checked out long ago, so I"m alone. I've also got a spouse who is deployed. There is just only so much I can do outside of making sure I keep my job and keep the kids fed.

But I know there are others who have a LOT more free time,and I ask -- what are they doing with it?

I think sports and leisure activities have a lot to do with this ...men who could be doing something are too enthralled with their weekend golf games or their latest gadgets. Retirees still in good health are traveling and enjoying all the money THEY'VE got, but the rest of us don't have. The rest are too sick to do anything. Young folks, if not tatooed and nose ringed and so off their rockers liberal, are also too busy trying to make it through expensive colleges, graduate and get jobs in an increasingly competitive work environment.

I dont' know whose left -- people are very splintered also these days -- all these different ethnic groups, races, groups, interest groups. There is no unity, and that doesn't help.

I don't know the answer -- I'm trying to make sense of it all and figure out what went wrong and WHEN it went wrong. Things seemed OK about 8 years ago .... crazy, but ok.

Just late night ramblings, but maybe a few thoughts to start the conversation.

I also am DOUBLE outraged by the so-called healthcare crisis in this country as a nurse, and by what I see everyday in terms of Medicare "users" and welfare cheats clogging up our hospitals. The things I am seeing would disgust most of you here ... .sometimes it's just more than I can take some days.

I personally feel like I'm extremely isolated in my outrage. Friends, acquaintences, co-workers, whomever -- it just doesn't seem anyone wants to talk about any of this. We see it and read it constantly in the news, but in your everyday circles -- no one mentions ANYTHING.
    I can really relate to this ! I don't think people believe our government is really behind this invasion, some don't even see it as an invasion at all ! And, if they do, they don't care enough....yet !

You've got your hands full raising 3 kids, alone and working an outside job too ! Yet you take time out from such a busy schedule to do your part. My hat's off to you !

I feel discouraged alot too. I just can't give up though. Sometimes I wish I could go back to my old uniformed ways. Then I look around me and I start to get ANGRY again and I tell myself I can't give up on my country! I just can't sit by and watch the distruction. I must participate and do all I can to take back our country. I will NEVER be the same again!

Sometimes I wish I could go back to my old uniformed ways.
    I know the feeling ! I, personally, don't know many people interested in trying to fix what's wrong with this country, so without ALIPAC, I wouldn't have an outlet for my "outrage". On the otherhand, what we do know IE the IA's are just the tip of the iceberg. It does my heart good to know that so many other's have taken up the cause. We have some good leaders to give us direction. I not only count on that, I depend on it ! Without them, we wouldn't have a snow balls chance in hell of getting our country back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicie
    I know the feeling ! I, personally, don't know many people interested in trying to fix what's wrong with this country, so without ALIPAC, I wouldn't have an outlet for my "outrage". On the otherhand, what we do know IE the IA's are just the tip of the iceberg. It does my heart good to know that so many other's have taken up the cause. We have some good leaders to give us direction. I not only count on that, I depend on it ! Without them, we wouldn't have a snow balls chance in hell of getting our country back.
    I agree with you, many people just aren't interested in trying to fix the problem...I live in 'ground zero' Los Angeles county, people here don't like the illegal invasion, but feel they can't fight the government, so they give up.

If it wasn't for organizations like Alipac, I would be going bonkers!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    I agree with you, many people just aren't interested in trying to fix the problem...I live in 'ground zero' Los Angeles county, people here don't like the illegal invasion, but feel they can't fight the government, so they give up.

I am sorry "Molly" don't give up the fight though...you know the saying "it is never to late" maybe even people in LA will wake up!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS

I am sorry "Molly" don't give up the fight though...you know the saying "it is never to late" maybe even people in LA will wake up!
    SOSADFORUS that is my DREAM!! If we changed L.A. it would be a HUGE victory for our movement! I will keep trying! Vote for Walter Moore for Mayor, pass the information around! Get his name out there!! We can do this!

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS

SOSADFORUS that is my DREAM!! If we changed L.A. it would be a HUGE victory for our movement! I will keep trying! Vote for Walter Moore for Mayor, pass the information around! Get his name out there!! We can do this!
    You bet you can win "Alex" never give up and never give in it is not an option!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast