Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LESSON ON SHORTENING URLS WHEN POSTING

OK I didn't know how to do this either until someone on another forum showed me.

If you are posting a URL and it is extremely long, that is what makes it needed to scroll back and forth to read it. There is a simple solution. I will give you the link. All you have to do is right click the url you want to post. Place it in your post AND PREVIEW IT FIRST BEFORE YOU CLICK SUBMIT. If it makes the page too wide then use this resource. It's called tinyurl.

http://tinyurl.com/create.php

Go back to your orginal url. Right click your mouse on the url and left click COPY

Go to tinyurl, place the large url into the box by using right clicking your mouse and then left clicking PASTE

Then click on "make tinyurl" Viola! Your url is now smaller and won't scroll the page.

Replace the large url with your tiny url in your post. Once again select the tiny url use Controll button and "C" then place it in your post Controll button "V". (or the right click left click method)

Give it a try.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you for this. When posts are too wide, I can't stand it and don't bother to read them even if they seem to be interesting to me. I just skip on to something else. I hope all those who post will read this. This is important.

Wow, I didn't know it was that hard for some people to scroll a bit. It is mildly annoying, but personally, I don't find it that difficult to move my mouse and click it a few times. But hey, we all have our pet peaves, right?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

I find it very annoying.

Yeah, it's a pain to scroll back and forth every line because a long URL stretched the page.
    Here's a format to "hide" a link.
    Paste your link onto page and highlight it. Click URL box above post.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-reply-104354.html

Take out left closing bracket and replace with equals sign. Place closing bracket after link in this case after html. Then enter any text for link between the two brackets.
    Example:
    ALIPAC THREAD
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Your converted link will appear like this:

ALIPAC THREAD
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Loserville. I never knew that. You see you learn something new everyday. I'll try it another day.

I'm going to copy and paste your post into a word processing text so I won't forget.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Thanks Loserville. I never knew that. You see you learn something new everyday. I'll try it another day.

I'm going to copy and paste your post into a word processing text so I won't forget.
    You're much welcome GoGo. Saves running to another site and browser window. After you use that a couple of times it's easily remembered.

Thanks all for the great tips.

"The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence." Article IV Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks, Gogo! Very useful!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast