Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Let them know you oppose "press 1 for Spanish"

Now everytime I call any number that gives me the option to press 1 for Spanish I make sure and tell the person answering, or the voice mail that I do not appreciate the option.

I say " This is America, the laugage we speak is English and please let your superiors know I consider it rude."

I was amazed at how many people on the other end agreed and said they would indeed relay the message to their Superiors. I should have started saying this long ago when the nonsense first started!

I encourage everyone to do the same. Sometimes I throw in I'm not sure "I can continue to purchase your goods" etc.

Of course I oppose it. I also oppose by phone book in Spanish as well. The can of soup I bought the other day. The lable is printed in Engliash and Spanish. I guess Spanglish is the correct verbage, right?
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

I would have put the soup back or wrote to the company.

Oh I'm sorry, I guess I should have consulted with you first. Shame on me...

No need to check with me I could care less what you do. I was just saying what I would do. Chill I believe we're on the same side.

Chilling is something we all need to do. Like you and everyone else posting on this forum. The feelings are raw because because we're angry. We feel let down by our president and the people we have elected to represent us and our country. When I first started coming to this forum. I was angry and felt powerless. The marches here in San Diego angered a lot of people. But within in a short time I now feel impowered. So many people on this forum have given such wonderful helpful advise without passing judgement. Something I too try to achive when posting or replying to a post. Each one of us has responsibility to do what is necessary on a personal level to do something with our angry and turn it into action. This website gives us that power. Thank you ALIPAC!

As I am new in this forum, I'm a little confused. I have been sending letters, making calls, signing petitions, boycotting stores and products, and even sent three bricks yesterday to my Senators and Representative, but is this ENOUGH to stop Congress from grating amnesty to these illegals? Is our power only in the Internet where it is not so visible? Is it reaching the grassroots of America? In general, people like to see to believe. Ah, Thomas! But far from the eyes far from the heart.

Sorry, guys, I did not want to preach, but I AM WORRIED and getting lots of gray hair thinking about the future of my beloved country.

Don't get discouraged Marie, feel good that you and the rest of us are trying to change the tide. Unfortunately, were going at it a bit late. Too bad we didn't start in 1965. I think you should be proud of yourself.

I am with you Marie. I could be wrong. But I personally feel my vote is going to have a say. But then again, people voted in Bush and look where we're at.

Re: Let them know you oppose "press 1 for Spanish"

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffdid
    Now everytime I call any number that gives me the option to press 1 for Spanish I make sure and tell the person answering, or the voice mail that I do not appreciate the option.

I say " This is America, the laugage we speak is English and please let your superiors know I consider it rude."

I was amazed at how many people on the other end agreed and said they would indeed relay the message to their Superiors. I should have started saying this long ago when the nonsense first started!

I encourage everyone to do the same. Sometimes I throw in I'm not sure "I can continue to purchase your goods" etc.
    But Cliffdid: Did you call and a recording came on asking press 2 for english? And what did you do, talk over the recording and say "no, I speak emglish" and then you got a live person?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast