Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's be real!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK, I was one of the organizers of Ft. Worth. The problem we faced was lack of advertisement. We don't have deep pockets so we passed out fliers and hit up people on the net. Also, rain was predicted so that might have made some change their plans. The star telegram held our article hostage for days. The reporter thought it was going to run the week before but it ran that morning. People literaly threw some clothes on, grabbed a flag and came running at us because the article in the paper.

You know what, now I have 60 people to help garner more support. Not bad for starting with 3 but we need the help of the press. One out of 6 private English stations covered us and one newspaper that morning. I'm not being treated fairly. Those other stations covered the illegals and played the storyies form other cities for days. WTF! I have yet to see anything about Crawford except a picture of a map on TV and that little note in the paper at the end of our article. That's just crap!!!!!!!!!

I'm not done yet! You better believe I'm just getting started.

I'm trapped between the Illegals and Bush but no one is listening to me the real voter!!!!!!!!!!

Call the Party Headquarters in your area and complain to them too!
    When the party gets a clue, they will start pulling the puppet's strings.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

media

GREAT for you, Dixie, don't give up!

I've been trying to get just ONE of the outlets in Miami (as well as the national mainline media), to tell the whole truth...unsuccessfully. I even emailed that I believe my freedom of speech is being denied, and that they have an OBLIGATION AND DUTY to tell BOTH sides of the story. They won't.

One station IS now using the term 'illegal'.

WOW! In Hispanic Miami!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

learning Spanish / Invasion

You all make some frightening points...re invasion & Globalists, what's being said on Spanish stations, etc.

There was a thread re Spanish on this site, but don't remember the thread.

Y'all have given me serious food for thought.

I speak a LITTLE Spanish. I had to take 2 languages in high school, way back when because I was taking a pre-college track. Latin and Spanish. The Spanish was pretty worthless... Castro had his very bloody coup and we got inundated...8 students a day in each of my classes. Kids listen to transistor radios (only Cubans were allowed to do this) and would go into hysterics (and I don't blame them, felt sorry for them) when their father, bothers, uncles, etc. were executed by firing squad by Castro. It was a horrific time. Anyway, the school authorities were sticking the kids into Spanish classes in desperation. Very little learning went on.

Then, as an ER RN in a predominently Hispanic area, I've learned some more medical type Spanish...but not formally. As I would tell them, everyone should learn one word a day. I needed to be able to tell my patients to BREATHE, after all. I had even purchased a very expensive
    computer software program so I could learn it more formally.

Then 9/11 happened. I got mad and realized that people who were trying to kill us spoke English, yet, people who live here and say they love this country, refuse to learn and speak English. So I put the software away.

Now....with all I've learned here...I wonder if maybe it wouldn't be a good thing to learn Spanish anyway, not to speak it, but to understand what's being said in front of me. Like they do.

Any thoughts on this?
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I do understand the revulsion at having to feel you need to speak a foreign language to exist and work in your own country.

I understand those who say they refuse to do it.

But my take-

It never hurts to learn something new. It seems to be true that Spanish is second most spoken language in the world. I didn't believe it - but apparently it is true.

The need for speaking Spanish to work will be greater as time goes by. If our children do not speak Spanish - they will be at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to getting jobs. Just read some major newspaper and see the number that says 'bilingual needed', 'bilingual a plus', 'bilingual a must'.

This is going to get messier and uglier before it gets better. There will be people who will intend you harm - wouldn't you rather know what they are saying than not? It would seem it could be a matter of survival.

I don't like the idea that I have to lock my doors at night, or anything else I must do to protect myself - I shouldn't have to - but I do because it's best for me and mine.

To me, learning Spanish is the same. I am trying - but may never be able to get my tongue work around another language.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Spanish

nntrixie, Thanks for the reply. I actually have no problem with languages, per se. I just want English to be the Official language of the USA. I do NOT want citizens and legal immigrants FORCED to have to speak it. I have 2 daughters who speak 7 & 4 languages respectively. I worked hard to pay for lessons. Don't know if you read my post on 'OK call me cruel, but I just couldn't help myself' pg.2., but it goes into more depth on this.

I agree, I think learning is great and necessary for the mind. Exercise, you know!

I am beginning to believe its a safety issue, as you said. And in So. Fl., I've got friends who could NOT get jobs, because they don't speak Spanish. If you call some hospital swichboards here, the FIRST language the call is answered in, is Spanish.
    TIME'S UP!

Now....with all I've learned here...I wonder if maybe it wouldn't be a good thing to learn Spanish anyway, not to speak it, but to understand what's being said in front of me. Like they do.

Any thoughts on this?
    It is never a bad idea to know all you can about what is going on around you. I don't "speak" Spanish but I understand plenty.

jlo
    Good idea Dixie! I am a registered republican and today I call my city and my state Republican headquarters. I told them that I have voted for them for 12 years now loyally. I told them that if they pass anything short of enforcing our current immigration laws to a T, then I will NEVER vote for the Republican party again. The woman with the state headquarters sounded upset, I'm guessing I'm not the only person to call about this issue. Maybe that's where we need to start putting the pressure, on our party headquarters. Just a thought...

jlo,

My mother-in-law has voted Republican her whole life and I nearly fell out when she told me she was "Mad at Bushy" over the immigration reform and she was "going to Vote Democrat."

Well you know what, the Republican's President went rogue on them and they don't know what to do. Should have been the golden years for the Republican Party, with a Republican controlled Congress and Presidency.

Bush has really done them no favors either. They picked him and put him out there. Now they can live with the bad decision. What is worse, in this case voting Catholic Democrat. H..., I'm so confused, I don't even want to think about the next Presidential Election.

You know, that is what the country gets, when you elect a guy that doesn't have a clue about foreign policy and Al Gore tried to tell everyone this in the debates. No body heard him. The public was too busy chuckling it up, with dry drunk party boy Bush. They thought they liked him and that he was charming and funny. Well, funny people are sometimes just goof offs. I tried to tell everyone he was lazy but all they could say was family values. I got called Liberal for speaking the truth they didn't want to hear. Now I'm being called a racist. Bahhhh Bahhh Sheep, I'm not a good Christian if I don't support this fine Christian Man... Hog Wash.

All I can say is I didn't vote for him because I knew better. He had been my terrible Governor. I even used his own record against him but no one saw him for what he was. Brainwashed Sheep or guilt tripped into voting for him. America pushed away an experienced former Senator and Vice President for a Joker. Now we are paying for it.

Also, I'll say this about Kerry. Lots of people want to question his war record. The men on his boat and under his command still support him. They have no reason to do that and they were around him way more than the people on other boats down the river. Just another Karl Rove Spin Attack. Even when you hear the words of some of the men that question his record, all they can obsess about is the fact that he got his rank because of his money and Yale Education. Well, that's the real world. I guess if he had come out of a millitary college they would have never said a word. But they had to attack that becasue Bush has a weak military background compared to Kerry, at least he went into a warzone.

Oh by the way, TX Gov. Ann Richards and Lilly Tomlin are gay lovers. That was another one Rove came up with. That dirty sick underhanded liar of a man. I hope something finally sticks to him. Knowing his reputation, he blew the whistle on Valorie Plame. His smear campaigns helped Bush get elected.

I did not mean to get on my high horse about Bush but I couldn't help it.

Dixie

Oh by the way, TX Gov. Ann Richards and Lilly Tomlin are gay lovers.
    by the way, Ann Richards hasn't been governor of TX in some time now. Rick Perry is.

I am another Republic who would never more vote for the Party if they give amnesty and all the other privileges for the illegal aliens.

I live in Miami and, even though I am not Hispanic, I speak the language fluently. I generally refuse to speak it, except as a last resort.

By the way, Spanish is the third language spoken in the world, after Chinese (1) and English (2). However, scientifically and scholastically Spanish is quite a long way behind German and French. English, of course, is the primary language of the world in all senses.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast