Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JAK

Letter I received from McDonalds

Not too long ago I decided that I was no longer going to spend money at any place that I suspected of hiring illegal aliens. So, I emailed several companies. Mc Donalds was one of them. I received an email tonight in reply to the one I sent them. This was at least 2 - 3 months ago.

This is the message I sent to Mc Donalds.

My comments are more on the line of complaints. Why are there not english speaking American citizens in your employment...in my opinion. If you did hire them with identifications, are they legal. If there is any doubt, then you should not have hired them. Where are our American... english speaking teenagers that use to fill these jobs???

I will no longer puchase from companies who are not loyal to the citizens of The United States of America. I, therefore, will be asking others to do the same.

This is the letter I received from McDonalds.

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's to share your feelings regarding McDonald's employment policies. We respect your point of view and the opportunity to share some additional information with you on this topic.

First and foremost, McDonald's values the diversity of all of our employees and our customers and our scrupulous compliance with all immigration laws.

We also realize that immigration reform is a complex issue. It is an important issue for many of our employees, owner/operators and suppliers. And it's an important issue for our company.

It's important to know that McDonald's is a franchised organization and our franchisees follow local, state and federal laws for employment.

Ultimately, our goal and the goal of our employees is to continue to offer our customers what we have for the past 50 years - great, high quality food served quickly and accurately by friendly employees in a clean and welcoming environment, all at a good value.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with McDonald's.

Tina
    McDonald's Customer Response Center

Now, IN MY OPINION I feel that these people are probably illegal immigrants...are these people legal?? I have been to several stores and find many spanish speaking employees. I know because I have been frustrated at times trying to place the order. And by the way, where is the diversity?

Has anyone else noticed this...?
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's important to know that McDonald's is a franchised organization and our franchisees follow local, state and federal laws for employment.
    That statement was written by an attorney. How do they follow up on this? Is it a contractual violation, if the franchises hires illegals? Do they pull the franchise license if the franchisees hire illegals?

Nobody wants to be responsible for their contribution to illegal immigration. Let's all pretend like we don't do anything wrong.

Don't let your kids play in their playground.

McD's you should have a zero tollerance policy.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ever since I joined ALIPAC, I have made it a point not to enter any McDonalds restaurant, at any time, for any reason, whatsoever.

I could care less about their "food", and am simply sick and tired of nothing but Spanish speaking employees and cooks, and a manager translating continually for this inept crew. If they are all legal---wonderful---but I don't believe that is the case. My first hamburger that I ever ordered from McDonalds in 1972 was ordered in English---a language I learned and adopted!

Screw diversity---I am not interested in a cultural lesson, or foreign language when I order a cheeseburger. PERIOD! The next time some corporate idiot tells you about diversity---tell him/her to shove it---your dollar knows no culture or language, and when you spend it somewhere, you sure don't want to be told how that you should support cultural ignorance and "diversity" sponsored by a corporation that violates immigration laws.

Yes, as a consumer you have the RIGHT to say and exercise both your opinion, and the control of your hard earned currency---don't put up with it! Boycott any organization that panders and whines about this issue!
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

I am trying to drop a few pounds, and this just gives me reason not to enter any fast food establishment.

What I want to know is, when these restaurants hire illegals, are they making them take a physical?
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

There is no diversity at ours. 95% of the workers are hispanic. Just a few years ago, it was 60% african american and the rest from other ethnicities. The questions I always have is what jobs did the african americans move on to after the hispanics pushed them out?

McDs seems to be the worst everywhere ive been around the country. They dont get a dime of my money.

Just got reply as well...

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's and sharing your concerns with us.

McDonald's values the diversity of all of our customers and certainly never intended to offend any of our customers. McDonald's advertising in English and Spanish allows us to communicate with more consumers and further support our commitment to diversity.

Because you're a valued customer, your concerns are very important to us. I've shared your comments with our Marketing team where they will be considered when planning future advertising at McDonald's.

Again, thank you for contacting McDonald's. Your trust and satisfaction in McDonald's are important to us, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon under the Golden Arches.

Roger
    McDonald's Customer Response Center

ref#:3716001

Please do not "reply" to this email response. All "replies" go to an unmonitored mailbox and are not reviewed. If you wish to contact McDonald's Customer Response Center again, please visit our website at www.mcdonalds.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You wrote:

I just read an article about your new marketing/advertising campaign in your Bergen, NJ area location. I am so disappointed you are taking a make dollar at all cost approach. We speak English in America and last I looked you owe much of your success to be started in America. I am 50 years old and have eaten at McDonalds all my life. As of today I will no longer visit McDonalds. As long as you have such a disregard for America and our American way of life I will never set foot in one again. I will also encourage everyone I know to stop eating at McDonalds

A very disappointed FORMER customer
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

What I want to know is, when these restaurants hire illegals, are they making them take a physical?
    Good point!

That statement was written by an attorney. How do they follow up on this? Is it a contractual violation, if the franchises hires illegals? Do they pull the franchise license if the franchisees hire illegals?
    Another excellant point!

JAK you should follow up on the response and see what comes back this time. We would be interested in the follow up even if it is 3 months down the road.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

I will not eat at fast food after my problem at the driver through trying to get a value meal. And also not sure if any of you ever heard about this but read this story about Dunkin Donuts. I refuse to go there as well.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ing_in_coffee/

Two Dunkin' Donuts employees accused of spitting in coffee

February 11, 2006

BARNSTABLE, Mass. --Two employees at a Dunkin' Donuts shop on Cape Cod were arrested after allegedly spitting in customers' coffee.

Rodrigo Rodrigues, 22, and Junior DaSilva, 26, both of Barnstable, each face a felony charge of distributing food intended or expected to cause injury. Both are free on bail after their arraignment this week, the Cape Cod Times reported.

Barnstable police made the arrests Feb. 3 after a six-day investigation prompted by an anonymous tip that employees were spitting and urinating in police officers' coffee, according to a police report filed in court.

One doughnut shop employee told police she heard DaSilva threaten to spit in a customer's coffee and heard Rodrigues, the store manager, encourage him. The woman also heard DaSilva make a spitting sound while some coffees were in front of him, then serve them at a drive-thru. She didn't see DaSilva spit into the drink, the report said.

DaSilva told police he saw Rodrigues spit into a customer's coffee, shake it, then serve it at a drive-thru, according to the report.

Police did not identify anyone who witnessed an employee urinating in coffee. The report also does not mention any police officer who claims to have received contaminated coffee.

Repeated attempts by the Times to contact DaSilva and Rodrigues and their lawyers were unsuccessful.

In a statement, Dunkin' Donuts Inc. said, "Neither Dunkin' Donuts Incorporated nor the franchisee condone the alleged actions by these employees. The safety and welfare of our customers is our number one priority, and we take adherence to health and safety standards very seriously."

The company also said Rodrigues and DaSilva were no longer working at Dunkin' Donuts.
    "What part of illegal don't you understand?"

YUK! sorry that is the only thing that comes to mind.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast