Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

and just where do Bananas grow commercially in the US ? I think Lou Dobbs said a head of lettuce would go up either 10 or 20 cent. I can live with that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bananas

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    and just where do Bananas grow commercially in the US ? I think Lou Dobbs said a head of lettuce would go up either 10 or 20 cent. I can live with that.
    Good point; lol
    Tom Tancredo - Jeff Sessions 2008 !!!

Scarlett
    Uphold and Protect the United States Constitution; not the Mexican revolution.

Work Americans won't do = WAWD

We've grown bananas in our back yard, here in Miami. I could plant more!

I'd pick and ship, too!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Re: Work Americans won't do = WAWD

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    We've grown bananas in our back yard, here in Miami. I could plant more!

I'd pick and ship, too!

hummm, wonder how much you would charge for shipping to NC (south eastern coastal) ? Buy American made and American Picked
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

cost

Cost plus 1% for us!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Re: cost

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat

Cost plus 1% for us!

all righty now I eat one with my Cheerioooooos every morning

And Banana pudding is my desert of choice.

I've always thought that there would be a market for "American Grown, American Farmed" produce. Get a group of folks together, buy a large piece of land and grow a variety of fruits, vegetables and nuts then sell it via the internet or catalog. I'd buy it even though it would cost more.

Victory Gardens

MissT4Tx,

You betcha. Maybe we should start a movement to plant 'Victory Gardens' again. You young 'uns ask your folks about them!

OK, here you go. I took pity.

You know, I was trying to take a humor break, but it might not be a bad idea!? Particularly if the illegals start to get violent, at stores, etc. Might be good to have at least something growing in your backyards or on your patios or window sills.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_garden

Victory gardens, also called war gardens or food gardens for defense, were vegetable, fruit and herb gardens planted at private residences in Canada, the United States and United Kingdom during World War I and World War II to reduce the pressure on the public food supply brought on by the war effort. In addition to indirectly aiding the war effort these gardens were also considered a civil "morale booster" — in that gardeners could feel empowered by their contribution of labor and rewarded by the produce grown.

Canned foods were rationed regularly in the United States., but the poster campaign ("Plant more in '44!") to plant a Victory Garden was answered by nearly 20 million Americans. These gardens produced up to 40 percent of all the vegetable produce that was consumed in the nation. Ideally, if home front urbanites and suburbanites could produce their own potatoes and carrots, mass-produced potatoes and carrots could be in larger supply, purchased more cheaply by the War Department (saving pennies for bombers and tanks) and sent overseas to feed the troops: "Our food is fighting", one poster read.

Basic information about gardening appeared in public services booklets distributed by the Department of Agriculture, as well as by agribusiness corporations such as International Harvester and Beech-Nut.

WWI-era U.S. propaganda poster.Victory gardens were planted in backyards and on apartment-building rooftops, with the occasional vacant lot "commandeered for the war effort!" and put to use as a cornfield or a squash patch. During World War II, sections of lawn were publicly plowed for plots in Hyde Park, London to publicize the movement. In New York City, the lawns around vacant "Riverside" were devoted to victory gardens, as were portions of San Francisco's Golden Gate Park.

In 1946, with the war over, many residents did not plant Victory Gardens in expectation of greater produce availability. However the added pressures of supplying liberated Europe meant that, in the UK, shortages remained, or in many cases got worse.
    TIME'S UP!

Re: Montel: PS

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett0214
    If produce really went up even double of todays prices family farms and backyard growing would quickly come back "in style." Americans are NOT lazy idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissT4TX
    I've always thought that there would be a market for "American Grown, American Farmed" produce. Get a group of folks together, buy a large piece of land and grow a variety of fruits, vegetables and nuts then sell it via the internet or catalog. I'd buy it even though it would cost more.
    I posted a thread about this very thing several weeks back -- "sharecropping" -- we the people can find a willing American landowner and willing American workers that plant and harvest the vegetables and/or fruit..

several of us recalled the 'good ole days' when we use to help can our own produce
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12