Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Letter from Sen. Obama

Dear *****:

Thank you for contacting me about the immigration reform debate and the recently-passed Senate immigration bill. I appreciate your strong feelings on this issue.

Public concern and frustration about unchecked illegal immigration on the United States is growing dramatically, and I agree with those who believe that the President and Congress must step up to the plate and address this problem, sooner rather than later. Illegal immigration has significant adverse effects not only on American workers but also on our communities’ health and education infrastructure. Also, I understand the strong feeling within Illinois that undocumented immigrants should not be rewarded for flouting U.S. law.

The challenge facing President Bush and Congress is how to effectively stop the flow of illegal immigrants across our borders and deal with illegal aliens who are already living and working in this country. I appreciate that many disagree on how to actually solve this problem. But it is significant that the Department of Homeland Security recognizes that identifying and deporting 11 million undocumented workers currently working in this country would not only be extremely difficult logistically, it would be disruptive to the American economy.

In a recent address to the nation, President Bush argued that the most reasonable and effective response is to stop the entry of illegal aliens across our borders, prevent employers from hiring illegal immigrants, and establish an orderly, rational path to citizenship for law-abiding immigrants who are already here and contributing to our country. The President said:

Some in this country argue that the solution is to deport every illegal immigrant, and that any proposal short of this amounts to amnesty. I disagree. It is neither wise, nor realistic to round up millions of people, many with deep roots in the United States, and send them across the border. There is a rational middle ground between granting an automatic path to citizenship for every illegal immigrant, and a program of mass deportation. That middle ground recognizes there are differences between an illegal immigrant who crossed the border recently, and someone who has worked here for many years, and has a home, a family, and an otherwise clean record.

President Bush has the right approach to a difficult and highly emotional problem. The immigration reform bill I voted for, and the President supported, would provide more funds and technology for border security and shore up the employment eligibility confirmation system so that employers are unable to skirt our laws by hiring illegal immigrants. It also would provide immigrants who are now contributing and responsible members of society an opportunity to remain in the country and earn citizenship. But not all illegal immigrants would be guaranteed the right to remain in the U.S. under this proposal; they would first have to pay a substantial fine and back taxes, learn English, satisfy a work requirement, and pass a criminal background check.

You may also be interested to know about three amendments I offered that were included in the Senate bill. The first amendment strengthens the requirement that a job be offered at a prevailing wage to American workers before it is offered to a guest-worker. It also ensures that communities where the American unemployment rate is high will not experience unnecessary competition from guest-workers.

The second amendment was a collaborative effort with Senators Charles Grassley (R-IA), Edward Kennedy (D-MA), and Max Baucus (D-MT) to create a new employment eligibility verification system. The legislation makes it simple, but mandatory for employers to verify that their employees are legally eligible to work in the United States. This is probably the single most important thing we can do to reduce the inflow of undocumented workers into the United States.

The third amendment authorizes $3.125 million a year for the next five years to allow the FBI to hire additional staff and take other steps to improve the speed and accuracy of the background checks required for immigrants seeking to become citizens.

This immigration reform bill passed the Senate by a 62 to 36 bipartisan vote. A final consensus bill must now be negotiated with the House of Representatives.

Again, thank you for writing to me about the immigration reform debate. I can assure you that I appreciate the serious ramifications of this issue -- for American workers, Illinois communities, and immigrant families -- and will continue to work with President Bush, my colleagues in Congress and the citizens of Illinois to improve the effectiveness of our immigration laws and strengthen border security.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama
    United States Senator

I like the way Sen. Obama keeps on refering to the Strong feelings. Obama dang well knows & acknowledges we are infuriated with his lack of commitment,loyalty,and upholding the laws of this Nation. He lost our trust and respect . As I see it one of his proposals is to ensure Legal American citizens get first crack at jobs, well I like to know who will be overseeing this? ,Honor system? Yeah right ! just like we all know they will not pay back taxes, or even learn English. I just wanted to share this with others who are exhibiting the same Strong feelings. Antibiotics won't cure this I'm pretty sure of this. Should we name this new disease. Hmmm Amnesty ?

Lady Liberty: I could have told you that Obama was a sell out. He went to bat for Arellano along with Durbin and it was their combined actions that got her the extension that has expired that triggered her holing up in that makeshift church.

I was so proud of him and his life accomplishments until I read about his treasonous act. Ironically, while Durbin is sticking to siding with illegals, Obama has quietly backed away from his intiial support of Arellano. I guess if he decides to toss his hat in the ring in 08 (as many are pushing him to do) he doesn't want to have to explain his support of illegals.

Boy oh Boy....I heard him speak yesterday on another topic and thought he had potential to run for national office.

This response certainly does prove otherwise.

Just another Traitor bought and owned by the Open Borders Lobby.

What a shame; what a waste; but a waste and shame he is, indeed.

GRRRRRR!!!!!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy, he has always been well known and respected in Illinois. His speech at the Democratic convention propelled him into universal rock stardom. Other than his stance on illegal immigration (keep in mind his parents were immigrants) he is a dedicated family man, intelligent, articulate and would make a great President. If only . . .

First of all, who exactly will be enforcing this?

And secondly:

The third amendment authorizes $3.125 million a year for the next five years to allow the FBI to hire additional staff and take other steps to improve the speed and accuracy of the background checks required for immigrants seeking to become citizens.
    They can fund the FBI but not the fence. Go figure.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Preachingtothechoir
    Judy, he has always been well known and respected in Illinois. His speech at the Democratic convention propelled him into universal rock stardom. Other than his stance on illegal immigration (keep in mind his parents were immigrants) he is a dedicated family man, intelligent, articulate and would make a great President. If only . . .
    Oh, preachingtothechoir...I do not doubt that for a minute. I remember his speech at the Democratic Convention and was impressed then. I was very impressed yesterday by the way he handled the interview on CNN. I even called my Mom and mentioned him to her.

But....the "only if"...shows who owns them; who controls them; who they are really working for.

I made the same mistake about all the Bushes....nice, educated, good family people, brave....UGH!!

I was so wrong.

I will never again determine the suitability of a candidate based upon his or hers appearance; family; political history; immigrant history; speaking ability; or positions on other issues.

This is the single most important issue because it tests their loyalty; who is important them; citizens or foreign interests.

And he is using the OBL Talking Points.

"logistically difficult" speaking about deportation.

How so? We have trucks, cars, trains, planes...to handle the logistics. It is not logistically difficult. It's just a big job because they have waited so long and there are so many to move....logisitically. It might several years; it might be an on-going project like Hunting for Osama. So what if it takes 3 years; 4 years; 5 years; 10 years.

Just start and keep going until you're finished.

It's a shame and too bad, it really is. Maybe people from Illinois could talk to him about the issue. Perhaps he's young and new enough to be convinced to change his position.

Worth a Try!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy:

ITA with your entire post. I have always been suspicious of those running for political office and self proclaimed leaders as my grandmother was a huge civil rights activist and politics were always discussed in our home when I was growing up. If I begin to like the message I'm hearing, I do as much research as possible before casting my vote.

As for Bush, he always struck me as stupid, frat boy and after reading his "Bushism" quotes on line I am still scratching my head trying to figure out why and who in the hell would vote for him. I've rarely voted a straight ticket and am still kicking myself for voting for Nadar whom I thought was the lesser of the two evils in that race. In my wildest of nightmares did I think that anybody who lived outside of Texas would put this corrupt demon in office.

Judy:

ITA with your entire post. I have always been suspicious of those running for political office and self proclaimed leaders as my grandmother was a huge civil rights activist and politics were always discussed in our home when I was growing up. If I begin to like the message I'm hearing, I do as much research as possible before casting my vote.

As for Bush, he always struck me as stupid, frat boy and after reading his "Bushism" quotes on line I am still scratching my head trying to figure out why and who in the hell would vote for him. I've rarely voted a straight ticket and am still kicking myself for voting for Nadar whom I thought was the lesser of the two evils in that race. Not in my wildest of nightmares did I think that anybody who lived outside of Texas would vote to put this brain dead, corrupt demon in office.

Needless to say I take no comfort in knowing I was right about him.

Banned
    I think it's a shame and quite frightening that someone with as much potential as Obama can so quickly be sucked into the Democratic vortex, resulting in misplaced loyalties to the party instead of citizens. It didn't take long - he's been in office just 2 years? There are so few true leaders who are courageous enough to speak the truth and do what is right if it might reduce their chances of getting re-elected.

Bush on the other hand, and all those who surround him, are truly evil, especially because they cloak their nefarious activities in 'righteousness' and 'Christianity'. They have hijacked Christianity in the same way Islamic extremists have hijacked Islam. I do believe Bush and company and all those who have created similar havoc and destruction will eventually have HELL to pay.

Banned
    According to columnist Andy Martin, Obama's closet is full of skeletons and deceit:

New York: Time/date: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:00 A.M. Location: Northeast Corner of Fifth Avenue and 65th Street (Temple Emanu-El)

London: Time/date: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 4:00 P.M. Location: 2 Dryden Mansions, Queens Club Gardens London W14

"I feel sad having to expose Barack Obama," says Martin, "but the man is a complete fraud. The truth is going to surprise, and disappoint, and outrage many people who were drawn to him. He has lied to the American people, and he has sought to misrepresent his own heritage.

"Obama's life story is vastly different from the one he portrays. My point: if he will lie about his mother and father, what else is he lying about? Can we expect 'bimbo eruptions?'

"Fiction: Obama stated in his Convention speech: 'My father ... grew up herding goats.' The 'goat herder' claim has been repeated endlessly. It is a lie. Fact: Obama's grandfather, Hussein Onyango Obama was a prominent and wealthy farmer. His son, Obama's father, was a child of privilege, not privation. He was an outstanding student, not a herdsman.

"Fiction: Obama was given an 'African' name. Fact: Obama is a Muslim who has concealed his religion. I am a strong supporter of the Muslim community, and I believe Muslims have been scapegoated. Obama has a great opportunity to be forthright. Instead, he has treated his Muslim heritage as a dark secret. His grandfather was named 'Hussein.' That is an Arabic-Muslim, not African, name. Hussein was a devout Muslim and named his son, Barack Senior, 'Baraka.' Baraka is an Arabic word meaning 'blessed.' Baraka comes out of the Koran and Arabic, not Africa.

"Barack Senior was also a devoted Muslim, and also chose a Muslim name for his son, our own Barack Obama, Junior. Again, his name was an Arabic and Koranic.

Obama has spent a lifetime running from his family heritage and religious heritage. Would his father have given his son a Koranic name if the father was not a devout Muslim? Obama's stepfather was also a Muslim. Obama will be the first Muslim-heritage senator; he should be proud of that fact. There is nothing to be ashamed of in any of the three great Abrahamic religions.

"Fiction: Obama Senior was a harmless student 'immigrant' who came to the United States only to study. Fact: Obama was part of one of the most corrupt and violent organizations in Africa: the Kenyatta regime. Obama's father ran back to Kenya soon after the British left. It is likely Obama's father had Mau Mau sympathies or connections, or he would not have been welcomed into the murderous inner circle of rapists, murderers, and arsonists. I believe Obama's secret shame at his family history of rape, murder and arson is what actualizes him. Our research is not yet complete. We are seeking to examine British colonial records. Our investigation to date has drawn on information on three continents.

"And what about Obama's beloved Kenyan brothers and sisters? None of his family was invited to Boston to share his prominence. Are his relatives being kept in the closet? Where are they? More secrecy, more prevarication.

"It is time for Barack Obama to stop presenting a fantasy to the American people. We are forgiving and many would still support him. It may well be that his concealment is meant to endanger Israel. His Muslim religion would obviously raise serious questions in many Jewish circles where Obama now enjoys support," Martin states.

"Our investigation is continuing. In he meantime, Crown Books should stop selling Obama's novelization of his life. We have asked Crown to do that. Obama is living a lie."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast