Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JUDY: ITA

Crocketsghost:

When I said he would be the antichrist -- I did not say AS QUOTED IN THE BIBLE, (antichrist was my word see my post AGAIN) but there are however several scriptures that refers to recognizing Satan and the end of the world nearing.

I am no minister (at work and donot have my bible here) but in the book of Revelations there is scripture which speaks of nearing the end of the world and signs that will be recognizable. It also goes on to describe how the first shall be last and vice vera. It also goes on to describe there being a very charismatic person who appears to be pure and good, who says all the right things and seems to have all the answers to the worlds problems.

As evil, deceptive and devious as Bush is I'd love to pin it on him, however, IMHO Obama best fits the description given in Revelations.

ETA: Relax CrocketsGhost, you're getting all worked up over your misinterpretation of my statement.

Oh, my gosh, I didn't mean to imply he was the anti-Christ . I think he is just another politician who is in line to hurry along this one-world, or corporate ownership thing.

I know nothing about Obama except the news media things he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and according to them, his father was a goat herder.

The Biblical part of it never entered my mind.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Oh, my gosh, I didn't mean to imply he was the anti-Christ . I think he is just another politician who is in line to hurry along this one-world, or corporate ownership thing.

I know nothing about Obama except the news media things he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and according to them, his father was a goat herder.

The Biblical part of it never entered my mind.
    Trixie: That wasn't directed at you it has to do with a statement I made regarding a conversation I had with my pastor in 2000.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Preachingtothechoir
    JUDY: ITA

Crocketsghost:

When I said he would be the antichrist -- I did not say AS QUOTED IN THE BIBLE, (antichrist was my word see my post AGAIN) but there are however several scriptures that refers to recognizing Satan and the end of the world nearing.

I am no minister (at work and donot have my bible here) but in the book of Revelations there is scripture which speaks of nearing the end of the world and signs that will be recognizable. It also goes on to describe how the first shall be last and vice vera. It also goes on to describe there being a very charismatic person who appears to be pure and good, who says all the right things and seems to have all the answers to the worlds problems.

As evil, deceptive and devious as Bush is I'd love to pin it on him, however, IMHO Obama best fits the description given in Revelations.

ETA: Relax CrocketsGhost, you're getting all worked up over your misinterpretation of my statement.
    No, I just get a little irritated at repetition of the pop religion fictional character called the AntiChrist. While everyone is looking for a spooky kid with 666 in his hairline or a Martin Sheen lookalike with his finger on the button, the real bad guys are consolidating power and muscling Christianity off the world scene.

Crocketsghost wrote:

Well, what you should be asking is why he has not been sued for libel if these quite public accusations are NOT true.
    Excellent point!

As far as my Biblical beliefs go? Yes, I do believe Revelations is a warning, one that I take seriously, though it had no bearing on why I became involved in this fight. Suffice to say, this might not be the best place to debate our differing Biblical interpretations.

I suggest we agree to disagree on this particular subject.

Oh, Preaching, I didn't really think you were - and even if you were - no offense taken.

It was just such a surprise. I had never heard that before.

Anytime someone is the darling of the media, I am concerned.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The funny thing about Obama was that prior to the democratic convention he was only well known in Illinois. He is very charismatic, intelligent, articulate (and some think) good looking. He's a little skinny(ears too big) for my taste I do however admire what he has accomplished outside of politics. As far as trusting him . . . . . he's a politician, I have never met/seen one I trusted.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    Crocketsghost wrote:

Well, what you should be asking is why he has not been sued for libel if these quite public accusations are NOT true.
    Excellent point!

As far as my Biblical beliefs go? Yes, I do believe Revelations is a warning, one that I take seriously, though it had no bearing on why I became involved in this fight. Suffice to say, this might not be the best place to debate our differing Biblical interpretations.

I suggest we agree to disagree on this particular subject.
    Fair enough.

The undisputed facts about Obama include that his father was in fact an African (Kenyan) Muslim and that after his mother and father separated, his mother moved the family to Indonesia (another Muslim nation), homeland of her new husband. Obama himself referred to his upbringing as "exotic." A number of Conservative pundits have hinted that there may well be skeletons in Obama's closet. My guess is that we will find out more if he should seek higher office, or when the GOP seriously targets his seat.

Banned
    The funny thing about Obama was that prior to the democratic convention he was only well known in Illinois. He is very charismatic, intelligent, articulate (and some think) good looking.
    He kind of reminds me of Bill Clinton in his manner and in the way people react to him. I met Clinton during his first term and can say that he has a definite charisma. I see that also in Obama.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    The funny thing about Obama was that prior to the democratic convention he was only well known in Illinois. He is very charismatic, intelligent, articulate (and some think) good looking.
    He kind of reminds me of Bill Clinton in his manner and in the way people react to him. I met Clinton during his first term and can say that he has a definite charisma. I see that also in Obama.
    Clinton has the oily charm of a con man, which is what he is. If you knew the violence he had ordered committed during his dictatorial reign in Arkansas as the Drug Lord in Chief, you would want to wash any part of your body that came into close contact with that serpent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123