Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Libidiot Editorial: Bullied on immigration

Libidiot, IA hugger, Kennedy/Kerry/Clinton lover Mass-of-ass-chusetts newpaper editorial saying enforcement doesn't work and the IAs are here so they should be given amnesty:

Bullied on immigration
    Editorial
    Article Last Updated: 11/25/2007 12:12:59 PM EST
    Monday, November 26

While we are disappointed that Hillary Clinton and her leading rivals for the Democratic presidential nomination are showing signs of casting logical, compassionate stands on illegal immigration to the winds, we're not surprised. When it comes to the "get tough" issue of the day, whether it was the Iraq War in 2004 or the immigration debate today, Democratic candidates worried about being called weak will often respond by weakly capitulating to the bullies. They should remember that the loudest voices employ volume to disguise nonsense, and that voters demonstrated in 2006 that they are capable of blocking out the noise.
    The candidates have to deal with hysterical bloggers and the high-profile rants of Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh, but out there in America, polls indicate that voters understand the complexities of the illegal immigrant issue that elude the shouters. They know that walls and deportation are no solution. Candidates both Republican and Democrat should recall that illegal immigration was an issue in the 2006 election and several of the leading anti-immigrant demagogues, such as Republican Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, were sent packing by voters.

Fences along the Rio Grande aren't going to keep out illegal immigrants and 12 million illegal immigrants can't be deported, but to even point out these facts raises the ire of the immigrant-bashers, whose argument is built only on hysteria. They would deny schooling to the children of illegal immigrants whose only crime was to be born. Their hate speech threatens to create a backlash against all Hispanics, including legal immigrants and those with deep roots in the U.S.
    Still, the presidential candidates, by caving in to the demagogues, are creating a self-fulfilling prophesy by making them more important than they would be if the candidates just ignored them. Even though studies show that giving driving licenses to illegal immigrants cuts down on crime and encourages them to pursue legal status, Hillary Clinton has flip-flopped and now opposes the practice. (Fellow Democratic contender Bill Richardson, who has stood firm against the demagogues, still can't get the time of day from the media.)

The Republican candidates are one-upping each other as to who most detests illegal immigrants. After taking an unfair roasting because New York City was one of several "sanctuary cities" whose leaders didn't cooperate with federal immigration authorities out of the legitimate fear that immigrants wouldn't seek health care or educate their children, Rudy Giuliani has brought out the torches and pitchforks. The New York mayor who once said, as New York Times columnist David Brooks reminded readers last week, that the anti-immigration movement "endangers the single most important reason for American greatness, namely, the renewal, reformation and reawakening that's provided by the continuous flow of immigrants," is now all about walls and punishment.

Enforcement is part of the solution to illegal immigration, but it will fail on its own. In fact, it has for decades. A process must be established to allow illegal immigrants to gain legal status, because there is no deporting all of them. Government should crack down on the businesses that exploit immigrant labor, not break up families by arresting immigrant workers. Most Americans understand the complexity of the issue, and Democratic presidential candidates — the Republicans appear to be beyond hope — should listen to them, not the purveyors of fear and hate. America is better than that.
    http://www.berkshireeagle.com:80/editorials/ci_7556030
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

but out there in America, polls indicate that voters understand the complexities of the illegal immigrant issue that elude the shouters. They know that walls and deportation are no solution.
    Just what polls would "indicate" such an absurd statement. To the contrary it's exactly the opposite, but don't let any facts prevent the spreading of propaganda. If this libterd had even ONE poll, he would have quoted it a dozen times! What a phony!

Bullied on immigration
    Editorial
    Article Last Updated: 11/25/2007 12:12:59 PM EST
    Monday, November 26
    Why is no author ever listed on such nonsense editorials? Guess the author is a coward. Funny how newspapers refuse to print anonymous
    'Letters to the Editor' yet staff writers are allowed that priviledge.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.
    * Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by gofer

Just what polls would "indicate" such an absurd statement. To the contrary it's exactly the opposite, but don't let any facts prevent the spreading of propaganda. If this libtard had even ONE poll, he would have quoted it a dozen times! What a phony!
    The only poll that the libidiot author understands is the one in his mouth.
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Written by a true OBL scumbag.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

ILLEGALS are BULLIED?! What about the MAYWOOD, CA, incident of August 2006, where a good friend of mine and several compatriots caught several illegal alien Mexicans PROFANING OUR FLAG, and when my friend and her compatriots protested, the illegals SAVAGELY ASSAULTED them?! Or the more recent report on the REIGN of TERROR in PACOIMA, in the SAN FERNANDO Valley of CA?! It was recounted that Mexican thugs were TERRORIZING and ASSAULTING ANYONE displaying the AMERICAN flag, be they AMERICANS, LEGAL residents, or even ILLEGAL aliens who DISAGREED with the thugs! NOT to mention the VICIOUS assaults on my friends in CA and TX who were ATTACKED for PUBLICLY upholding the PERSECUTED patriots Ramos and Compean! (I myself publicly protest for Ramos and Compean, but while I have been given DIRTY looks, VERBALLY derided, and CUSSED out BIGTIME, I have NOT been PHYSICALLY affected--yet! Mr. Joe Loya, who deeply appreciates and always encourages my efforts, reassured me that he and his family pray for me EVERY day so that NO one will harm me! So far, the angels MUST STILL be LISTENING to those good people so DEAR to so MANY of us deeply concerned Americans, INCLUDING me!)

Scott Rasmussen (of Rasmussen polling) was on the Laura Ingraham show this morning and basically said that when Americans think of "comprehensive" reform, they think that this means our laws being enforced, border secured etc. and NOT amnesty. In other words, Americans definition of "comprehensive" is much different then the Washington elites definition of this word.

As other polls (e.g., Zogby) using neutral language have confirmed, no matter how hard the OBL tries to deny it, we Americans want our laws enforced and NO amnesty. And enforcement hasn't failed; rather it hasn't been tried over the past couple of decades.

They should remember that the loudest voices employ volume to disguise nonsense,
    Yes, they certainly should. When the people stood up to them and said, repeatedly, no amnesty, their nonsensical name calling was very loud indeed. Why? Because there is no way to justify amnesty and they were so incensed that the people had dared defy them they lost control and showed their true colors. It wasn't pretty and it certainly is not acceptable behavior for "representatives of the American people".

I cannot understand why intelligent people are still buying this uneducational, lier, manipulative newspaper.
    Let them bankrupt, the people has the power to do this.
    This newspaper is AGAINST America .

Fences along the Rio Grande aren't going to keep out illegal immigrants and 12 million illegal immigrants can't be deported
    Wanna make a bet?
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast