Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

From a recent story about Graham's (special interest funded) monetary advantage:

But Graham has a huge financial advantage over all comers. His most recent filing showed he spent $3.2 million through May 21 and had $4.5 million on hand. Witherspoon had spent $211,356 and had $94,484 on hand after borrowing $220,000 to run his campaign.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/200806 ... 051/NEWS01
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is one I really wanted to see lose, his little show he put on for LaRaza has really stuck with me , what a shame we did not get this out into the papers in his state....I think there is a lot of disgruntled voters there, money or no money, but most people pay no attention and are not aware of this kind of vile crap spewed by the politicians
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by dubsak20
    Any updates?Any exit poll predictions.Is he getting the tar knocked out of him?
    Anybody hear anything yet!
    I..

Still very early:

U.S. Senate - GOP Primary
    South Carolina - 2 of 2265 Precincts Reporting - 0%
    Name Party Votes Vote %
    Graham , Lindsey (i) GOP 115 76%
    Witherspoon , Buddy GOP 36 24%

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Still very early:

U.S. Senate - GOP Primary
    South Carolina - 2 of 2265 Precincts Reporting - 0%
    Name Party Votes Vote %
    Graham , Lindsey (i) GOP 115 76%
    Witherspoon , Buddy GOP 36 24%

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage
    Idont like it,something smells fishy,I hope the msm lack of coverage on this,is something of the opposite.I hope S.C. keel hulles ol'Lindsey
    I..

Graham beats GOP challenger in SC Senate primary
    By JIM DAVENPORT – 8 minutes ago

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham easily won his primary Tuesday against a fellow Republican who hammered his ties to Arizona Sen. John McCain.

In Virginia, early results showed a county official beating a former congresswoman in the bitter Democratic contest for the seat being vacated by retiring Republican U.S. Rep. Tom Davis.

And in Maine, Democrats chose Rep. Tom Allen over political newcomer Tom Ledue in a U.S. Senate primary while both parties settled hard-fought races in the 1st Congressional District in the southern part of the state.

With more than 30 percent of precincts reporting in South Carolina, Graham had 70 percent of the vote, compared with 30 percent for challenger Buddy Witherspoon.

Witherspoon, a retired orthodontist and former Republican National Committee member, has criticized the one-term incumbent as too liberal for conservative South Carolina.

Graham had also taken heat from potential Democratic challengers on a failed illegal immigration measure he and McCain crafted.

Attorney Michael Cone and engineer Bob Conley were seeking the Democratic Party's nod to run for Graham's seat Tuesday. Graham's immigration measure, which would have provided a path to citizenship, drew derision last year at the state GOP convention, and Cone and Conley both call the plan amnesty for illegal immigrants.

South Carolina resident Jamie Devane said his vote for Witherspoon Tuesday was a vote against Graham on the immigration issue.

"I just think it's time to kick the people out who aren't supposed to be here," he said.

But Graham, an Air Force Reserve colonel who has served in Iraq, had name recognition and a huge financial advantage. McCain won the January primary in South Carolina and Graham has used his endorsement in television ads.

"I think he votes in our best interest, to take care of our troops and needing an actual immigration law instead of the way it is right now," said retired construction worker Glenn Muskovin, who said he voted for Graham even though he doesn't always agree with him. "He hasn't wavered like a lot of politicians."

Farther north, Democrats are hoping to pick up a seat in Virginia's 11 Congressional District, where Republican moderate Davis is retiring after nearly 14 years. He represents suburbs in and around the Capital Beltway, including much of Fairfax County, the wealthiest in the nation.

The two leading Democratic candidates are longtime rivals. Gerry Connolly is chairman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and former Rep. Leslie Byrne held the seat for one term before losing it to Davis in the Republicans' 1994 takeover of Congress. With more than 50 percent of precincts reporting, Connolly had 55 percent of the vote, compared with 35 percent for Byrne. Two other Democrats trailed.

The primary winner will face Republican Keith Fimian, a businessman making his first run for office.

Voters in northern Virginia were also deciding nomination fights in two other congressional districts Tuesday.

In Maine, Allen, a six-term congressman from Portland, defeated Ledue, a high school administrator from Springvale, for the chance to challenge two-term Sen. Susan Collins. She was unopposed in the Republican primary.

Southern Maine's 1st District, where Allen is giving up his seat, featured a hotly contested six-way Democratic race and a two-way Republican contest.

And in Georgia, a political consultant and a national guardsman serving in Iraq were in a runoff to replace a state lawmaker facing prison time for money laundering. The House seat representing an area east of Atlanta was vacated by state Rep. Ron Sailor, who pleaded guilty to laundering $375,000 in drug money for an undercover agent posing as a drug dealer.

http://ap.google.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hard to believe,oh well with Macamnesty as president and goober grahm as his vp how could we loose this battle.

We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

. We must keep working to elect representatives very different from Senator Graham.

Romans 5:8
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

so the idiots republican no-minds in SC actually voted this traitor back into the general election. God help us.

I am starting to fear that there are just too many stupid/ignorant/gullible people in this nation for it to survive.

voting against their own self interest for an open borders pig who insults conservatives as bigots. why don't you just shoot yourselves in the head, it would be quicker.

thanks South Carolina!

morons.

WHAT THE F HAPPENED?

I need some serious analysis here. Are South Carolinians as plain freakin stupid as we Yankees think they are? There were Democratic senators in blue states that are up for reelection this year, that didn't want to face the voters' wrath by noting for amnesty. Did Graham's campaign release a nasty rumor in the last days that Witherspoon wasn't married to his sister? Is there some cultural thing down there that your boss asks you who you're voting for, cuz he's voting for the dude with the chick name, and no self respecting southern man will lie to his boss, so he doesn't even bother voting?

OVER 70%!!!!!!!!

I've gotta go practice my Spanish.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast