Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lone Protester-Make Up Your Own Truths

I think it was Ben Franklin that once said that a man who represents himself in a court of law has a fool for a client. And I entirely agree. Yesterday, if my lawyer wasn’t there, I would probably have said the wrong thing after I was charged twice for the same crime. I mean, this is America, this isn’t Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia where an individual citizen hasn’t any rights. On September 20th, the prosecutor said to plead guilty and the sentence would be time served and no fine or court costs. I said no. On October 18th, he requested the same of me with the added stipulation that if I refused again to plead guilty, then an additional charge of disorderly conduct would be added to my crimes. I said no once again.
    Yesterday, October 19th, I was in court, being arraigned on that charge. Of cursing, again, the same thing exact thing I am already charged with. I am being charged, once by the cop and again by the homeowner, for cursing. You might think that I would be mad, or even scared at that point. But I wasn’t, I was smiling, because then, I realized that the prosecutor was digging himself into a hole if he thinks a jury of American citizens is going to convict me in such a ridiculous situation.
    Just imagine, what do you suppose is the sentence for cursing? What kind of punishment can I get if found guilty of uttering a curseword? Maybe a fine or court cost? Nope, for saying that despicable word I am accused of, the punishment is a four hundred dollar fine and sixty days in jail.Yep, sixty days. Lol. I wonder if hard labor is included? Or maybe a bread and water diet? All for saying a curseword. I feel like I am in an asylum, where the inmates are running everything. An upside down world, or America, where everybody can make up and live in their own little fantasyland, where only the rules they want to apply to the game are used. Sounds a little like that story I remember reading when I was small, what was it? Oh yes, how could I forget, it was Alice in Wonderland.
    But, this is America, where the rule of law is supposed to be supreme, where everyone is treated fairly, where every lawbreaker is punished and where the Constitution and Bill of Rights are our guiding lights. Isn’t it? At least, I think this is America. Anymore, I am not too sure. It seems like that somewhere down the line, the train I thought I was on made a wrong turn, or I got off at the wrong station. It seems to me that here, now, white is black, and black is white, and we will enforce that law but we will not enforce this law. And if you don’t like it you can shove it. And if you say anything about it we will put you in jail, and if you don’t like that, then we can put you in jail even longer if we so choose.
    So, you tell me, is this the America of our forefathers? Is this the America of George Washington? Of Nathaniel Greene or even Thomas Jefferson. I think not, because the courts were put there by our founding fathers so as to protect us from the government. And the courts today are sadly deficient in their responsibilities to the American people. The courts today are hopelessly gridlocked and judges act as our leaders by legislating from the bench. And mayors and governors and presidents can decide which laws will be enforced and which ones will not. And employers can break all the laws they want and never have to suffer the consequences. And all is well in fantasyland, that place where the rulers live in glass houses of their own creations and make up their own truths. Where east is west and west is east. I just wish I had gotten off that train at the right exit. Does anybody have an idea on how I can find it?
    Yesterday, in court, I had some fine people behind me. In fact, an entire row of them. They were Jim Sachs of freedom fighter radio, Kendra Linkowski, Sherry and Winthrop of the Lowcountry MinutemanCDC, Also my close friends Odess and Doug,and two beautiful ladies from Lexington, SC and I can’t remember their names and last but not least, Reyna and Casey, my wife and daughter. My daughter held my hand and wanted to go up in front of the judge with me. Lol. And I cannot forget my lawyer, Richard Bolen. I always had a low opinion of lawyers until I met him. He is a professional in every sense of the word and I am darn lucky to have him representing me. The prosecutor better watch out.
    Because of the number of people calling downtown Columbia on my behalf, the mayor and prosecutors offices were flooded with calls from irate people giving them a piece of their minds. And I want to thank every one of them, they are patriotic Americans with an overriding love for their country and I am proud to be associated with them. And I have over four thousand emails from them to prove it. I wish to give special thanks to Jim Sachs of Freedom Fighter Radio because without his help and friendship I wouldn’t have had as much support. Jim is organizing the March for American on November 17th in Atlanta and five other cities and I encourage everyone to be involved. Thanks everybody, and I mean it.

I admire you for standing up for what is right. It's an upside down world.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds like this law is a violation of the first amendment. If you were an anti-American Communist I am sure the ACLU would think so and would represent you for free. But as an American patriot you are on your own.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Everyone needs to read this. That's all I can say.

loneprotester, I am so happy that you had a support team there with you yesterday and that you were also aware of an even larger one all across the nation. That is a wonderful thing for you to know facing this situation.

You are correct in your analysis that black is white and white is black and why we are not shouting more is a sad testimony. I do believe however that there is a ground swell growing of Americans that are waking up to the results of their apathy.

Reading your story here has given rise to the ground swell. Thank you for that and for keeping us posted.

I pray that you will continue to know support by many fellow Americans and victims of illegal immigration.

It was nice to know that your daughter wanted to proudly hold your hand and step forward along side you to approach the Judge. You have so much to be thankful for and I know that you are.

God Bless You, your family and give you guidance and wisdom.

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Thank you, Georgia for saying the right words to loneprotester that I just couldn't find to say.

We all need to stay on top of this.

Thank you, loneprotester and thank you GeorgiaPeach.

People need to understand the difference between a curse and a cuss word. One is forbidden in the bible and has to do really with the meaning behind what you say not the individual words you used. The other is an invention of some English King (Henry IV?) who decided that certain words weren't fit for human ears.

What we call cuss is simply slang for other terms used with a slightly different deffinition. Why is it ok for me to say shag, chit, sazbot, fraq, or a multitude of other stupidly made up words used as a substitute for the specific cuss word. Words are valueless. It is the meaning behind the words that gives them value. And thus, individual words shouldn't be outlawed because no individual has the right or the ability to draw a black and white line between which words are appropriate vs which words aren't.

Why forbid a word, because your mother washed your mouth out with soap? Why did she do that because her mother washed her mouth out with soap when expressing those words. and on and on and on. It is really an attempt to forbid you the ability to think certain things and/or express those thoughts.

You and others have offered the "right" words too Legal. We are all touched by the things that affect each other so personally.

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

My beef is mainly with the people that employ them because if it wasn't for them and the idiot politicians, small businessmen like me wouldn't be going bankrupt. They need to be held to account. The appropiate punishment was around a couple of hundred years ago. Sadly, it went out of style for some reason.