Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: lowes store

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

lowes store

Hi guys. This is my first post so I hope I dont mess up to much. I live in Cape May N.J Went to my local Lowes store. If anyone is not familiar with it it is a home depot style store. Its a big store so they have signs all over the place. On every single sign was spanish underneath. Such as electrical housewares etc. Not only that every single product in the store was written in english and spanish right down to work gloves. I went to the manager and told him i was going to pirchase a washer and dryer there but being that he caters to hispanics i will take my business elsewhere. He said it was not his idea its management. I said bye bye and I will tell all my friends and family about it . i think everyone who encounters this should complain. Acually I just went for a mop head but oh well.

Welcome aboard Pattyk!
    You know I'm all about English as our national language. I don't have anything against Hispanics. The fact that stores are willing to cater to folks who speak only Spanish and not do the same for people of other backgrounds chaps my hide as well. What about Korean or Chinese or Vietnamese?
    Our country speaks one language, English, it's part of our culture and it's one of the reasons we are so great!

Hello and welcome pattyk!

Yes, noticed that at our Lowe's here too. In CA the stores are the same. Everything, everywhere is in English and Spanish so it is company policy. It's all about the money.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hi Pattyk! Welcome to ALIPAC! Your 'first post' is perfectly fine and I'm glad the subject of the bilingual signage at Lowe's was brought up by you.

We found this out 3 months ago when heading into Lowe's to make a big remodeling purchase. After seeing all of the newly changed bilingual signs, we were at first confused, then angered. We had shopped at that Lowe's since it opened. All of a sudden, the Lowe's corporation decides that our area has enough Hispanics now that we need a dual language in their store?

That may be THEIR corporate mind-set, but my family mind-set was to take our business elsewhere. We turned and left and have boycotted Lowe's. I know that others have boycotted Lowe's but don't have any statistics.

We now shop at smaller stores struggling to survive. We get better service and so far, have not had problems with items in stock at all.
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Welcome Patty. I live in North Jersey and had the same problem at K-Mart. The manager there agreed with me but said he could only relay my message to the corportate office. Like you I feel if your going to have signs in other laugages then what about Japenese, Italian etc.

Welcome, PattyK. Thanks for the post. We're a hungry bunch around here and the minute something new gets posted, we jump on it like fleas on a dog.

Glad you could join us.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for speaking up.

I did the same at my local Wild Oats store last week. Everyone behind the deli counter was speaking Spanish. They didn't stop when customers walked up to order. I listened in and they were making fun of the people shopping there. (they never thought Mr. pasty white gringo could speak Spanish)

I complained to management about their conduct and let them know that I am sick of the assault on our culture and language. I complained that everything from Handy Manny, Sesame Street in Spanish and illegals taking the jobs that teens would want, we are assaulted every day. I told him that if I heard negative talk in Spanish again, I'd never shop there again. I also asked him if he thought his store might do well in an ICE investigation.

He told me "rest asured, the problem will be dealt with".

They don't speak Spanish at the deli anymore, but they do give me stink eye! Go figure.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

I have been seeing that at Lowe's here in Texas for a while as well as some announcements being made in Spanish.

Same for Home Depot - to say nothing of Wal Mart - don't know about the other discount stores.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I live just outside of DC and not only does Lowe's have spanish signs but also walmart, Home Depot, CVS and many other stores have spanish signs. What is really bad is that I just went to a military base and the Exchange had spanish signs in it.

I have had trouble all afternoon with a gentleman who doesn't speak english and keeps calling from Tx 20 calls. I finally called the telephone company and police and told them that I was being harassed by this man from Texas. Enough is enough

Here in California, most all major businesses have sold out with advertising in Spanish. I was furious two weeks ago that our local Mervyns has decided that catering to illegals is more important than english speaking Americans...All the signs were in spanish and the pictures of the models wearing their clothes were only hispanic models.
    Even the pictures of the little babies wearing Mervyns baby clothes were only hispanic. Acording to them being a white American doesn't matter anymore!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast