Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: lowes store

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm in Houston, we boycott, lowes, walmart etc. They just opened a new Ace Hardware in our neighborhood and to my joy everything is in english!
    This is where I will do all my hardware etc shopping. It's so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    When I lived in California (San Diego), I got so sick of everything being printed in Spanish, that I started taking action.

For instance, I hid all the Spanish versions of "People" magazine (sold at Targets everywhere in So. Calif.) behind huge comforters in the bedding section. In Wells Fargo bank, I used a black pen and crossed out all the Spanish instructions on my deposit slips everytime I made a deposit.

In Home Depot, I'd pull down any signs that I could reach that were in Spanish, and I'd rip them up.

I did this all the time, and it's a wonder I never got in trouble. I mean, security must have seen me in the stores, but nothing ever happened. Once, I even took several books off the "Son Libros en Espanol" (books in Spanish) section in Barnes & Noble bookstore and threw them in the trash in the ladies room
    thanks for the good laughs...I can just picture that.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

If we could truly get Americans to stay out of Wal Mart and let them have just their illegals - I think they might change their tunes.

Everytime I go into Wal Mart in the toy department, there are usually 3 or 4 - or more little children (Mexican - in our case it means illegal) playing with the toys, tearing up the packaging and just leaving them on the floor.

I have heard that Wal Mart has decided to not press charges on shoplifting of less than $25. Anyone else hear that?
    I wonder why-hmmmmmmmmm?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by DiggIt
    I like to carry a sharpie marker with me. When I see stuff like that in stores I just mark out the spanish version and put a check next to the english version. It won't do much in the way of change but hey I'm there and it'll put a smile on my face.
    I do like your style--and yours, too, americangirl. I think I'm going to try this myself. The other day when I was at Wild Oats, I saw nothing but Hispanics behind the deli counter. One approached me, and in the course of conversation I found out he's an aspiring chef. He was a very friendly and knowledgeable young man, fluent in English and a pleasure to talk with. The rest just glared at the customers, and I could hear two of them speaking in Spanish. The other customers looked meekly away, and I thought, "yes, this is your future, ostriches. Enjoy". That was the morning after the "Grand Compromise" setback.

I've complained about the bilingual labels, etc. repeatedly to Walmart, Target, and Home Depot. My list continues to grow. Obviously my argument holds no weight with these shameless buck chasers, so I'm going to change my strategy. I think I'll start sending letters to corporations demanding "inclusiveness" by the printing of a myriad of languages on packaging. I could write a letter in German or Russian(neither of which is my ancestry), including a clumsy English translation saying my 500 chain-migrated relatives and I feel dissed. And what about the Chinese and Vietnamese? Our Somalian and Sudanese brothers and sisters? These are all growing immigrant populations in this transmogrifying US. I demand all the colors of the world be represented in their languages, damnit! On everything! By God, diversity requires it!

Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    We all need to be strong and DO boycott these places. If only we could get another million or so to boycott certain places, I think we would see some changes.

I know it is hard for some of us, but giving up our country would be harder than giving up Walmart, etc.
    Yes, I have to agree. I firmly believe in boycotts because they do work. The boycotts on french wine a few years back made a major impact while Australian wines flourished. Wal-Mart 2 yrs ago in a very small town in North Oklahoma refused to say Merry Christmas. I let as many people I know (we lived there a year) and this wallyworld and many other wally worlds suffered.

I do also agree with you others that we should support our small businesses. I shop at our local Atwoods instead of Home Depot or Lowe's. Although I may take a special trip and if I see something like that, they'll hear from me and our newspaper and lame mayor Kathy Taylor know how not just myself, but how many Americans feel about this.

Oh, welcome pattyk!!!
    He ain't heavy, he's my Brother
    Â*http://www.alsa.org/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    When I lived in California (San Diego), I got so sick of everything being printed in Spanish, that I started taking action.

For instance, I hid all the Spanish versions of "People" magazine (sold at Targets everywhere in So. Calif.) behind huge comforters in the bedding section. In Wells Fargo bank, I used a black pen and crossed out all the Spanish instructions on my deposit slips everytime I made a deposit.

In Home Depot, I'd pull down any signs that I could reach that were in Spanish, and I'd rip them up.

I did this all the time, and it's a wonder I never got in trouble. I mean, security must have seen me in the stores, but nothing ever happened. Once, I even took several books off the "Son Libros en Espanol" (books in Spanish) section in Barnes & Noble bookstore and threw them in the trash in the ladies room

Our Lowe's has those signs too. Sometimes it's very hard to find "English" on any of the boxes...and have you seen the "directions" that are packed inside the boxes? If they put anymore languages on it, I'm going to have to buy a magnifying glass!

But our area, there aren't many hispanics here....most of them are 20 to 30 miles away....

Yesterday I called an 800 # to activate a credit card, I got a nice man, speaking English, said he was in Az. I told him to thank his company for staying in America. He said he originally was from Ark. and he certainly would tell the manager.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Moose, I hope it was in America - that is heartening.

Now I did see a program on Indian customer service reps and they are given American names, teach them to speak with various accents (American type) and when someone asks where they are - they tell them some American city.

Hopefully, though you are right.

I am so tired of having all our information spread out all over the world for anyone to take it and scam us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned

to american girl

Good for you. Its amazing the rage this is bring out in normal decent people. I find myself screaming at a recording on the telephone NO I DONT WANT SPANISH. Every time I pay my cable bill I bitch to them about why do I have to spanish stations I never watch. If they want spanish stations let them pay extra for it. I e-mailed that fool kennedy and called him a drunken old fool. Asked him he would like 30 mexican men living in his neighborhood blasting their so called music. I guess Its because we feel so betrayed and helpless.

Re: to american girl

Quote Originally Posted by pattyk
    Good for you. Its amazing the rage this is bring out in normal decent people. I find myself screaming at a recording on the telephone NO I DONT WANT SPANISH. Every time I pay my cable bill I bitch to them about why do I have to spanish stations I never watch. If they want spanish stations let them pay extra for it. I e-mailed that fool kennedy and called him a drunken old fool. Asked him he would like 30 mexican men living in his neighborhood blasting their so called music. I guess Its because we feel so betrayed and helpless.
    Right, they should pay extra. We're probably footing that bill too.

Not only is kennedy a drunken fool, he's a murderer too.
    http://www.ytedk.com/
    Justice was never served and he disgusts me that he has been in politics for so many years. I'm sickened by those that blindly vote for that so called "man".
    He ain't heavy, he's my Brother
    Â*http://www.alsa.org/

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast