Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: lowes store

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    You all know, I was giving it some thought here recently about this issue of using bilingual signs and such. I thought "of all other languages other than English, we should be promoting the native tongues of our fellow American citizens of Indigenous heritage, not Spanish".

These myriad of languages are dying out, and as well without one of them (Navajo), we would not have fared so well in WWII without. Why are we not doing something to promote those languages and cultures, instead of the main language of illegal aliens?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome Pattyk, hope your here to join in the fight we need all the help we can get!!

Heres the new fax everyone for next week, be sure to check it out and use it

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=382595
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    When I lived in California (San Diego), I got so sick of everything being printed in Spanish, that I started taking action.

For instance, I hid all the Spanish versions of "People" magazine (sold at Targets everywhere in So. Calif.) behind huge comforters in the bedding section. In Wells Fargo bank, I used a black pen and crossed out all the Spanish instructions on my deposit slips everytime I made a deposit.

In Home Depot, I'd pull down any signs that I could reach that were in Spanish, and I'd rip them up.

I did this all the time, and it's a wonder I never got in trouble. I mean, security must have seen me in the stores, but nothing ever happened. Once, I even took several books off the "Son Libros en Espanol" (books in Spanish) section in Barnes & Noble bookstore and threw them in the trash in the ladies room
    Yeah, I've done things like that on occasion.

OK ALIPAC TEAM HERE IS THE LINK TO THE NEW FAX, WE NEED EVERYBODY CALLING, FAXING AND E-MAILING, AND POSTING SO WE KNOW WHAT YOUR HEARING. LET THEM KNOW U.S.CITIZENS HAVE COME OUT OF THE SHADOWS AND ARE SEEING THE LIGHT!!!!!!

NO AMNESTY, ENFORCE OUR EXISTING LAWS!!! Don't follow Bush to his demise! stick with Americans and we will stick with you!!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=67814
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

NNTrixie,

I know which show you were talking about. Morgan Spurlock of "Super Size Me" fame had a TV show called "30 Days."

One of the episodes had an American man, who had lost his job to outsourcing to India, actually go to India himself and work for 30 days in a phone customer service center.

It was certainly an eye opening experience to see all the hundreds of gigantic, multi-floor spanking new buildings built in India just for phone customer service jobs outsources from the USA. The Indians see these new jobs as a way out of poverty and a new opportunity for them to get ahead in the world.

The American man stayed with a nice Indian family, where 2 or 3 members worked for one of these companies. The American DID have to go through English classes and take English fluency exames, even though he is an American!!! Yes, they did also teach how to speak with an American accent, and give them American names.

I have to say that I can usually tell when I get a CS agent from India. They can try to speak with an American accent all they want, but I can tell an Indian accent when I hear one! (I used to work in phone customer service myself, not to mention I used to work for my parents international company, so I've heard foreign accents for years and can usually spot which on it is right away.) But I don't think it takes a genius to tell when you get an agent in India.

Most of the time you can tell that they're reading off a script. Often, I have to say, "I want a supervisor or manager IN AMERICA right now!!!" And then I get a normal "supervisor" American, who actually knows something, and who can actually help me.

It's especially frustrating to me when my DSL service goes down, and I have to deal with Indian CS agents who know less about the DSL service than I do!! The customer should NEVER know more about the service than the agent!!

The corporations may be saving tons of money, but they're sure wasting tons of my time when I have problems!!! (And at the end of the call, when speaking to an actual American, I tell them in no uncertain terms how unhappy I am with them outsourcing the CS jobs!!)

Sorry to vent, but I dread having problems where I'm forced to call a company to get help, as I know that I'll be on the phone for a long time. Gone are the days when I could make a quick phone call for an easy problem during my lunch hour.

It's getting impossible to find a company that DOES NOT outsource their customer service to India!!

Texas Gal

Texasgal, I too get calls a lot from companies, for sales pitches and such, as well as customer service, that are obviously from or to India. Normally I think these people are very polite and are also very diligent about making sure they have understood you, and making sure they can help you, but still, I sit there and think "who used to have this job before it was outsourced?".

The outsourcing part really bothers me, I'll always wonder if my oldest daughter could have started in one of those jobs and worked her way up, instead of trying to support her and her son on her cafe' pay.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is my take on the bi-lingual signs and advertising going on in this country now. Hispanics claim they are bi-lingual (the legal ones) so that means they can speak both English and Spanish. Why would they need to be reached in Spanish then? It is plain and simple that these businesses are catering to the illegal alien Spanish speakers. What other possible explanation is there?

There is no explanation Oldglory. They have no explanations or excuses for any of their arguments or what they say. They just want what they want and for us to shut up. It ain't gonna happen!!
    He ain't heavy, he's my Brother
    Â*http://www.alsa.org/

Amen, peladac!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Amen, peladac!
    He ain't heavy, he's my Brother
    Â*http://www.alsa.org/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast