Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Luis Gutierrez will start amnesty agenda tomorrow !

GUTIERREZ CALLS URGENT COMMUNITY MEETING TO ADDRESS DEPORTATION, FAMILY SEPARATION & THE FUTURE OF IMMIGRATION REFORM

Saturday, November 15, 2008
    Published: Thursday, November 13, 2008 3:05 PM CST

Chicago event will kick off national effort to demonstrate human impact of immigration crisis

This Saturday, November 15, 2008, U.S. Congressman Luis V. Gutierrez (D-IL) will hold a critical community meeting for United States citizens who fear that a family member may be at risk of deportation.

"With the election of Barack Obama to the Presidency, comprehensive immigration reform is closer than ever to becoming a reality, but we cannot afford to stop fighting for a moment," said Rep. Gutierrez. "By putting a human face on the issue and addressing the tragedy that our broken immigration system causes millions of U.S. citizens, we can demonstrate that raids and deportation-only policies do little more than rip our families apart. By telling our stories as a community, we can drive home the immediate need for an immigration system that ensures our security — national security, economic security and family security."

Members of the press are invited to attend this important meeting and encouraged to advise readers, viewers and listeners in advance of its occurrence.

What:

Urgent Community Meeting for Families of Immigrants

Who: Congressman Luis V. Gutierrez

U.S. citizens fearing deportation of a family member

Members of the press

When:

Saturday, November 15, 2008, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Where:

Saint Pius V. Catholic Church

1919 S. Ashland Ave., Chicago IL

http://www.elimparcial.us/articles/2008 ... 046853.txt

TRANSLATED FROM:
    http://www.elfinanciero.com.mx/ElFinanc ... sortby=ASC

He explained that the objective is to put a "human face" to the issue and to expose the tragedy that the broken immigration system is causing to millions of citizens of the United States.

"Telling our stories we will show that the raids and deportations only separate families, and we will emphasize the immediate need for a system of immigration that assure our families, our economy and our nation", he said.

Gutiérrez, who on November 4 achieved the reelection for the eighth time in Congress, reported that already initiated conversations on the (immigration) issue with the recently named cheif of staff for Obama, Rham Emanuel.

The invitation from Gutiérrez to made to various legal immigrants through religious groups, some community organizations, as well as the Coalition for Rights of the Immigrants and Refugees.

Pro-immigrant organizations considered that they expect the presence of more than fifteen houndred people from Chicago and outskirts, with only the requirement that they be citizens or permanent residents.

Telling our stories we will show that the raids and deportations only separate families, and we will emphasize the immediate need for a system of immigration that assure our families, our economy and our nation", he said

What a perfect opportunity to counter their efforts!

How about some community forums comprised of Americans who can put a face on the victimization of citizens at the hands of illegal aliens?

Crime victims, job loss victims.....the whole kit and caboodle.

And don't confine it to one city......get this going in several.

Who do you think will be shown to be suffering more.......illegals and their families or Americans?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Start calling your Congress person to remind him/her that unemployment is at a 14-year high, over 10 million Americans are out of work, and we are in the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Any support of "comprehensive" "pathway to citizenship" reform (i.e., AMNESTY) would be working directly against the interests of American workers and taxpayers and is unacceptable. Now is NOT the time to be discussing any amnesties.

Call now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No one is separating families! They're free to get back together in Mexico. Those who won't follow their "Dearly Deported" to Mexico, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Brazil, etc. aren't really that connected after all, are they?

Just more extortionist whining from the biggest whiners on the planet!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Gutiérrez, who on November 4 achieved the reelection for the eighth time in Congress, reported that already initiated conversations on the (immigration) issue with the recently named cheif of staff for Obama, Rham Emanuel.
    I just knew Rham Emanuel would be trouble as soon as I learned he was appointed. AND WHO IN THE HELL RE-ELECTED GUTIERREZ? IT HAD TO BE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS that registered with ACORN.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Now they're called, United States Citizens instead of their true discription,"Illegal Criminals"
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Telling our stories we will show that the raids and deportations only separate families, and we will emphasize the immediate need for a system of immigration that assure our families, our economy and our nation", he said

How about some community forums comprised of Americans who can put a face on the victimization of citizens at the hands of illegal aliens?

Who do you think will be shown to be suffering more.......illegals and their families or Americans?
    I was thinking absolutely the same thing. You know, one of the best things I loved being part of the Ron Paul grassroots movement, was that people would spontaneously come up with ideas like putting together videos to promote our cause.

We would network online at the R.P. forums, and form separate groups to work on different projects. One group would work on a script, another on putting the visuals together, etc. Then they would put the video up on YouTube, or burn it to disc to hand out to people. And if they wanted to take it further by placing a small video on local tv, we would have money bombs and everyone would donate as much as they could to get it done.

It was a united effort from people from all walks of life and I was amazed at some of the things we were able to accomplish. The media ignored us so we had to become very creative and think outside the box to get our message out there.

I feel we need to get going on perhaps some PSA's now, so that we will be ahead of the game. Mind you, I'm sure the other side checks in here to see what we're doing, so perhaps we should IM each other when the time comes to work on some things.

Also, a REALLY big issue we could focus on is the economy. Ads that work on peoples emotions are the most successful. While the other side may work on people's sympathies, we need to work on people's fears. (which currently is a reality) Maybe warning Americans that our country simply cannot continue providing beneifits to illegals or even grant them Amnesty because it's going to bankrupt our country for good. I'm just throwing some ideas out there but that's where I would start...

Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath

I was thinking absolutely the same thing. You know, one of the best things I loved being part of the Ron Paul grassroots movement, was that people would spontaneously come up with ideas like putting together videos to promote our cause.

We would network online at the R.P. forums, and form separate groups to work on different projects. One group would work on a script, another on putting the visuals together, etc. Then they would put the video up on YouTube, or burn it to disc to hand out to people. And if they wanted to take it further by placing a small video on local tv, we would have money bombs and everyone would donate as much as they could to get it done.

It was a united effort from people from all walks of life and I was amazed at some of the things we were able to accomplish. The media ignored us so we had to become very creative and think outside the box to get our message out there.

I feel we need to get going on perhaps some PSA's now, so that we will be ahead of the game. Mind you, I'm sure the other side checks in here to see what we're doing, so perhaps we should IM each other when the time comes to work on some things.

Also, a REALLY big issue we could focus on is the economy. Ads that work on peoples emotions are the most successful. While the other side may work on people's sympathies, we need to work on people's fears. (which currently is a reality) Maybe warning Americans that our country simply cannot continue providing beneifits to illegals or even grant them Amnesty because it's going to bankrupt our country for good. I'm just throwing some ideas out there but that's where I would start...
    One example could be that the sancuary states like CA. are going bankrupt.
    ------------------------

How on earth can this man be elected to represent American citizens when his only agenda is to benefit illegal Hispanics. He should be tried for treason - not reelected.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast