Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

So I made some calls and got a very defensive answer from a snooty woman saying that they are not aware of La Raza being a hateful group...asked me to provide some proof WHICH IS WHY I ASKED EVERYONE FOR SOME HELP on providing proof.

The lady did say that I should try to contact the commandant but there is really no way to do that from the complicated and confusing marine corp website.

Were going to need some proof of La Raza's intentions if people are going to take this seriously. So again, I am asking all who care to help me track down some documentation to support this, otherwise we look like idiots!

Good news: The lady said she has received other calls to this affect so maybe at the very least, they will re-think it...but I doubt it.

I'd like to know where they get money to donate anything to anyone.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So here is my research on this with the help of Tim Donnelly...check it out! Is this enough to really make the Marine Corp question giving money to La Raza? Anyone care anymore???

-Largest Hispanic organization in the U.S.

-Lobbies for racial preferences, bilingual education, stricter hate crimes laws, mass immigration, and amnesty for illegal aliens

-Named as a key member of the Open Borders Lobby in the pamphlet The Open Borders Lobby and the Nation's Security After 9/11, written by William Hawkins and Erin Anderson

-Principally funded by the Ford Foundation

Currently the largest Hispanic organization in the U.S., the National Council of La Raza ("the Race") was established originally in 1968 as the Southwest Council of La Raza, for the purpose of "improv[ing] life opportunities for Hispanic Americans."The group was initiated by a research project funded by the Ford Foundation. Today La Raza has more than 270 formal affiliates serving 40 states, and a broader nationwide network of more than 30,000 groups and individuals who reach at least 3.5 million Hispanics in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Notwithstanding this large base of support, more than two-thirds of La Raza's funding comes from corporations and foundations, and much of the rest stems from government sources. Between 2001 and 2003, the Ford Foundation alone gave La Raza some $9.83 million, including a single grant of $8.05 million.

In turn, each year La Raza grants large amounts of this money to "Hispanic cornmunity-based organizations," some of which are quite obscure. Of the $1.3 million it gave out in 1996, for instance, $126,000 went to El Hogar del Nifio, $9,000 went to Chicanos por la Causa, and $30,000 was earmarked for Cabrillo Economic Development.

La Raza's politics are at the far left of the political spectrum. Its Policy Analysis Center lobbies for affirmative action, bilingual education, stricter hate crimes laws, mass immigration, and amnesty for illegal aliens. La Raza characterizes increased immigration control as a violation of civil rights, and the reduction of government handouts to immigrants as "a disgrace to American values."

La Raza was a signatory - along with more than 120 other leftwing organizations - to a 2000 campaign to increase the minimum wage. La Raza was also a signatory to a March 17, 2003 letter exhorting members of the U.S. Congress "to oppose the Domestic Security Enhancement Act (DSEA), also known as 'Patriot [Act] II,'" which was then under consideration. These signatories stated that the new legislation "fail[ed] to respect our time-honored liberties," and "contain[ed] a multitude of new and sweeping law enforcement and intelligence gathering powers . . . that would severely dilute, if not undermine, many basic constitutional rights." In addition, La Raza has given its organizational endorsement to the Community Resolution to Protect Civil Liberties campaign, a project of the California-based Coalition for Civil Liberties (CCL). The CLL tries to influence city councils to pass resolutions creating Civil Liberties Safe Zones; that is, to be non-compliant with the provisions of the Patriot Act.

La Raza has also endorsed the December 18, 2001 "Statement of Solidarity with Migrants," which was drawn up by the National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights. The statement called upon the U.S. government to "[r]ecognize the contribution of immigrant workers, students, and families, and [to] end discriminatory policies passed on the basis of legal status in the wake of September 11"; to "[g]uarantee and provide relief to the loved ones of the victims and those unemployed in the World Trade Center attacks, regardless of immigration status, without intimidation or threat of deportation"; and to adopt "the Plan of Action from the 2001 UN World Conference Against Racism, Xenophobia, and Related Intolerance" - which was largely a forum for angry anti-American and anti-Israel tirades.

Furthermore, La Raza endorsed the Civil Liberties Restoration Act (CLRA) of 2004, which was introduced by Democratic Senators Ted Kennedy, Patrick Leahy, Russell Feingold, Richard Durbin, and Jon Corzine, and Democratic Representatives Howard Berman and William Delahunt. The CLRA was designed to roll back, in the name of protecting civil liberties, vital national-security policies that had been adopted after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

La Raza is also a sponsoring organization of the Immigrant Workers Freedom Ride Coalition, which seeks to secure ever-expanding rights and civil liberties protections for undocumented workers, amnesty for illegal immigrants, and policy reforms that diminish or eliminate restrictions on immigration.

In addition to the Ford Foundation, La Raza also receives funding from: the American Express Foundation; the AT&T Foundation; the Carnegie Corporation of New York; the Annie E. Casey Foundation; the Fannie Mae Foundation; the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation; the Joyce Foundation; the W. K. Kellogg Foundation; the John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation; the Open Society Institute; the David and Lucile Packard Foundation; the Rockefeller Foundation; and the Verizon Foundation

La Raza's politics are at the far left of the political spectrum. Its Policy Analysis Center lobbies for affirmative action, bilingual education, stricter hate crimes laws, mass immigration, and amnesty for illegal aliens. La Raza characterizes increased immigration control as a violation of civil rights, and the reduction of government handouts to immigrants as "a disgrace to American values."
    Gee, I wonder if they notice the hate crimes committed against American citizens who just happened to be born and raised in this country.

And a reduction of government handouts? What kind of handouts?

I still think that LaRaza mentions the Marine Corps wherever it was found as a means to make themselves look legitimate.

And if the Ford Foundation can afford to give them 8 or 9 million, then they need to be looked at a little more closely, too.

Homeless Shelters all over this country have to fight like hell to get funding to try to help US citizens such as Katrina victims get back on their feet. The Humane Society and Wildlife Organizations have to fight over a few thousand dollars and then tell exactly what they did with that money and why they chose to spend it that way. Donations to our Veterans Organizations are being cut drastically. Yet discriminatory organizations like LaRaza thrive on huge donations. What gives?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123