Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MARRIAGE/VISA FRAUD

HELLO TO ALL,
    I'M sure most of you are familiar with how this procedure works where an 'illegal' enters into a fake marriage with an American to obtain a green card. So I'll just cut to the chase by explaining my own involvement with this. Basically there is a co-worker i have known over a year now who has set up a few of these 'contracts'.I will not give any personal info on him since we have come to be sort of like buddies and it would be very difficult to report him. He is from Kenya and has dealt only with women from his country to marry into consentual unions. Then after 2 years the women can get their green cards as long as the marriage has been proven valid through an interview with an immigration officer. (Now here is where the details get sketchy for me which i'll explain in a moment.)
    This guy has offered to get my into one of these deals where the woman would pay be $1500 up front and after the 2 years were up i would have made over $4000. And made it sound like there was nothing to it as far as 'passing' the final interview process,where he said there would only be a few basic questions about the relationship. BUT,i found out from an internet search that the 'officer' in charge of the interview could basically ask anything he wanted in attempt to throw you off since each 'spouse' is interviewed separately. So if one person for instance responds that we go out to dinner twice a week and the other said they do it very rarely then there could be some problems. But that is just one example and an easy one at that.
    So I guess my question is does anyone know firsthand just how this whole process works and is it relatively easy to get through or as scary as some immigration 'experts' lead you to believe.
    BTW-I only considered doing this because the woman only wanted to get her sons here from Africa and she is a very nice "Christian lady". But i know that sounds like an oxymoron given the manner in which she has remained in the country and the means she would use to do so further.
    But she practically begged for my help which made me feel quite guilty for turning her down. But even though I feel sorry for her I know it is unethical if nothing else to break a federal law just to help someone you really don't even know. Besides,it is pretty hard for the average person to tell a blatant lie to a federal official,much less MANY lies!! And I may be crazy brave at times but I'm not stupid.
    Anyway,just wondering what anyone else had to say on this,and do as many people get away with this as my so-called "friend" has brashly stated to me over and over again without reservation??
    Any help is welcome...

Thanks,
    DB
    "FOR IF OUR GOSPEL BE HID,IT IS HID TO THEM THAT ARE LOST;
    "IN WHOM THE GOD OF THIS WORLD HAS BLINDED THE MINDS OF THEM WHICH BELIEVE NOT..."
    {2-CORINTHIANS-4:3-4}

Please! You are at the wrong site.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: MARRIAGE/VISA FRAUD

Quote Originally Posted by DW39
    I know it is unethical if nothing else to break a federal law just to help someone you really don't even know.
    Your conscience is speaking here... so let your conscience be your guide.

It's your choice, but take heed: To enter into a marriage without love is committing fraud to each other; to do so with the intent of seeking personal financial gain is mercenary fraud to the other and to do so with the intent of breaking a law for personal gain of any sort is fraud against our government, our country and its citizens.
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

Welcome DW39, and I have to ask you if you have recently LOST your mind?
    I was once offered $10,000 to marry a Romanian kid to make him legal, and after I picked up myself from the floor from laughter, I told him where to stuff it. Then this same guy offered my friend the same deal for $5,000.
    Even considering this is a lack of understanding of the American way of life--here we are supposed to marry for reasons other than providing some illegal, no matter how cute and desperate an easy path to citizenship.
    There have been plenty of programs on these days, where mail-order brides (especially from the old Soviet Union countries) decide to turn in husbands for brutal rape and worse that never happened. She has citizenship and the crap with the guy that brought her here.
    And if you are considering exchanging checks with some tribal leader in Nigeria, whose fortune is locked up in some bank somewhere for huge wealth, I will personally come after you with a frying pan!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DW, I SEE SO MANY RED FLAGS HERE.

BY THE TIME YOU FINISH THIS PROCESS, YOU'LL BE DESTROYED.

ITS RATHER LIKE MARRYING SOMEONE YOU MET OVER THE NET.

HATE TO ADMIT, I DID MARRY SOME ONE OVER THE NET. WE DATED A YEAR AND GOT MARRIED. I JUST ABOUT LOST EVERY THING I OWNED.
    HE DIDN'T HAVE A DIME.

I'VE LEARNED A LOT SINCE THAT TIME. MOSTLY TO PROTECT MY SELF.

DO YOUR A FAVOR BOW OUT THIS AND GET ON YOUR WAY. YOU'RE GETTING SUCKER PUNCHED AND YOU DON'T SEE IT COMING.

THIS PERSON CAN STEAL YOUR SS # CREDIT CARD #'S THE WHOLE NINE YARDS.

WHAT ARE YOU TO SAY TO EXPLAIN THIS TO ANY ONE?

GET OUT NOW WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD!!! SERIOUSLY, YOU'RE IN OVER YOUR HEAD.

I have personally been through this process and what you are thinking about is not only a crime but disgraceful. The process is very hard and the officer could ask you anything they want, even about your sex life. IMHO, if you had any integrity at all, you would call ICE and turn this guy in. This is not the kind of person you make friends with. People like this are criminals and are making it hard on people like me and my wife who married out of love and not some scam to get a green card. I hope this Kenyan gets caught and spends some time in our prisons before he and all the people he has involved himself with get deported.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

April
    Amnesty shutdown 2009, Please take action NOW!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-897408.html#897408

Welcome DW39! Obviously, your conscience is trying to tell you something, otherwise you wouldn't have posted on here. What you are talking about is fraud. It is immoral AND unethical that you would even consider such a thing. I would IMMEDIATELY call ICE and report this person. There is no amount of money worth selling your soul for. You would live with guilt for the rest of your life. What would happen if you went through with this, and that guy turned out to be a rapist, or worse? It would be on YOUR shoulders.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Turn this guy in and get away from this as fast as you can! You are being set up big time and will take a hard fall if you move forward. It's immoral, unethical and illegal. Don't do it.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Thanks!

THANKS for everyone's input on this,even though i pretty much knew what kind of reactions this would get. I first considered this because i needed the money pretty bad. If i had a steady white collar job then I would have just walked away from the get go. You don't have to be a good citizen to be able to do that,just well off.
    But what bothers me most about this is that the guy told me firsthand how it all went down when he did it himself,and even many others he's heard about. That basically the process is simple,at least here in Atlanta which could be different from other cities. I've heard the laws are more strict in the northeast and midwest regions. But the immigrants know where there own "people" are and there are unofficially more of these "sanctuary cities" than you would believe.
    Anyway,the laws here recently extended the waiting period from 6 months to 2 years before you are officially a U.S. citizen,the way i understand it.

Personally I think there is some major "ring" here but this guy is just small potatoes compared to whoever is running the whole thing. Still I don't know enough about it to report any activity. If the "authorities" really wanted to stop it then they pretty much know where to start,even I can guess that much. And why are all these people slipping through the cracks and passing with flying colors this apparently tough procedure of becoming legal?? Inquiring minds want to know...sounds almost like everyone's doing it nowadays,huh!?
    But all I can say now is bye bye $4000!!

Take care-
    DW
    "FOR IF OUR GOSPEL BE HID,IT IS HID TO THEM THAT ARE LOST;
    "IN WHOM THE GOD OF THIS WORLD HAS BLINDED THE MINDS OF THEM WHICH BELIEVE NOT..."
    {2-CORINTHIANS-4:3-4}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast