Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Martinsville plant to lay off 84 (moving to Mexico)

Martinsville plant to lay off 84

Harman-Becker Automotive Systems, one of Morgan County’s largest employers, will begin reducing its Martinsville plant operations by eliminating 24 jobs next week, and ultimately eliminating 84 jobs, the Reporter-Times of Martinsville reports today.

The D.C.-based company makes high-performance audio, entertainment, information and communication systems for the automotive and aftermarket industry with five U.S. locations, including Martinsville.

Sixty of Harman’s estimated 250 hourly employees probably will be laid off when parts are moved to a Juarez, Mexico, production facility, the paper reported.

The job losses are permanent and more employees could be affected when additional production is moved to a facility in China.

Company representatives said they could not comment further until negotiations are complete.

The company has nearly 500 employees at its Martinsville plant.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... S/70201035
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

SO if corporate America can't give the job to a low wage illegal alien HERE, they just move the job to messico so they won't have to travel so far. I'm still trying to figure out who is gonna buy their crap when none of us have jobs anymore and the whole mess collapses in a giant dung heap reeking of burritos.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedBaztard
    SO if corporate America can't give the job to a low wage illegal alien HERE, they just move the job to messico so they won't have to travel so far.
    Not just that. Benefits? What benefits?

Pay? What do people in Mexico make, $10-$20 per day?

This way the CEO and his cronies will have more money to buy another vacation house in Aspen.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Can we say SPP? Part of the plan is to boost Mexico's economy to bring it more in line with the US and Canada. Open borders for trade.

If Mexico would break up the drug cartels and seize the money have they'd probably put our economy to shame.

Mexico is trying to convince us that if we moved business there, they would not come here. Unfortunately our companies play into the problem out of greed. I have this new obsession now at finding out where things were made, so I was at the pharmacy the other day...even Pepto Bismol is made in Mexico! Maybe it has something to do with the dung heap smelling like burritos(?) Good one jaded.

SO if corporate America can't give the job to a low wage illegal alien HERE, they just move the job to messico so they won't have to travel so far. I'm still trying to figure out who is gonna buy their crap when none of us have jobs anymore and the whole mess collapses in a giant dung heap reeking of burritos.
    Jaded...I love that...omg...you busted them...
    I say good riddance...they will be begging to come back one day...and we might just say NO TO DOPES
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Neese - I have had a sudden obsession with where things are made lately also. I saw a few things just the other day that said they were made in North America, I was actually shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    Neese - I have had a sudden obsession with where things are made lately also. I saw a few things just the other day that said they were made in North America, I was actually shocked.
    Really? What was it? I have only noticed food and furniture that is made in the US.

Yeah its coming, stuff is already being labeled north America. The North American union is coming.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewcloseborders
    Yeah its coming, stuff is already being labeled north America. The North American union is coming.
    Matthew, thank you for clarifying that. When dlm put up their post, it went right over my head. I wasn't literally thinking North American Union. Are you kidding?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast