Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Matthew 24:36 Nobody knows the day nor hour of Judgement Day

New International Version (©1984)
    "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
    New Living Translation (©2007)
    "However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

International Standard Version (©200
    "No one knows when that day or hour will come-not the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father,

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    "No one knows when that day or hour will come. Even the angels in heaven and the Son don't know. Only the Father knows.

King James Bible
    But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

American King James Version
    But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

American Standard Version
    But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

Bible in Basic English
    But of that day and hour no one has knowledge, not even the angels in heaven, or the Son, but the Father only.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    But of that day and hour no one knoweth, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone.

Darby Bible Translation
    But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of the heavens, but my Father alone.

English Revised Version
    But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

Webster's Bible Translation
    But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Weymouth New Testament
    "But as to that day and the exact time no one knows--not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

World English Bible
    But no one knows of that day and hour, not even the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Young's Literal Translation
    'And concerning that day and the hour no one hath known -- not even the messengers of the heavens -- except my Father only;

Barnes' Notes on the Bible
    But of that day and hour - Of the precise time of the fulfillment. The "general signs" of its approach have been given, as the budding of the fig-tree is a certain indication that summer is near; but "the precise time" is not indicated by these things. One part of their inquiry was Matthew 24:3 when those things should be. He now replies to them by saying that the precise time would not be foretold. Compare the notes at Acts 1:7.

Knoweth no man, no, not the angels - See the notes at Mark 13:32.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More info at....

http://bible.cc/matthew/24-36.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I believe we are deep in to the end times - but I dont think it's going to end for some of us tomorrow. As the above quotes indicate - it's not for man to know.

If there was any time the time is now to get our spiritual house in order - along with your financial, mental and emotional one right now. Easier said than done. I struggle with it almost every day. It's one thing to count and know your blessings and another to actually FEEL blessed.

I pray every day for God to continue to bless this country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ditto SicNTiredInSoCal.

Actually, I pray the Lord's prayer a lot. But as first posted it is not for us to know the exact day and hour.

I just pray that it is soon really. The world seems to be becoming like the world in the movie Idiocracy. In the meantime, we can only do our best.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Children and Family

Children and Family are so very important, especially in difficult times. Take thos time to talk with young people and encourage them to have children/families, large ones...
    End of the world talk always seems to disuade people from having kids and that is not good at all...

And if you read a few verses forward from that scripture, it reiterates and emphases what a surprise the Second Coming will be.

Amen, ALIPACERS!!!! The Bible clearly states, NO ONE, NOT EVEN THE SON OF GOD WILL KNOW - ONLY GOD THE FATHER - THERE ARE MANY "FALSE PROPHETS" OUT THERE GOD HAS WARNED ALL OF US ABOUT!!!!

"Damn you all sound scared!" I say "About FN time!" "So be it!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Well I am spending my last hours eating my favorite Chinese food, and drinking wine right out of the bottle. And smacking myself in the head for buying a years worth of bridge toll tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by pattyk
    And smacking myself in the head for buying a years worth of bridge toll tickets.
    And the only thing that sucks is I won't get watch that!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Ha! Wouldn't it be funny if I was one of the ones floating up to heaven, waving bye bye to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast