Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here's an interesting article from Miami Herald that offers some insights into the Florida demographics and how they might impact the Florida primary. Unfortunately, the assessment of John McCain's weaknesses minimizes the impact the illegal immigration issue will have on voters. You can post a comment.

http://www.miamiherald.com/979/story/386908.html

Looks to me like it's a tossup between the top four. If Thompson dropped out who would that help the most?

Romney could win but he needs to take McCain and Rudi to task over their amnesty plans. He needs to point out how much illegals cost Florida and these two traitors will raise that cost!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Looks to me like it's a tossup between the top four. If Thompson dropped out who would that help the most?

Romney could win but he needs to take McCain and Rudi to task over their amnesty plans. He needs to point out how much illegals cost Florida and these two traitors will raise that cost!
    If Thompson dropped out, it would help Romney the most!!!

Those who are supporting Thompson because of his anti-illegal positions would not go for Mccain, Guliani, or Huckabee-----they would go to Romney.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824

Those who are supporting Thompson because of his anti-illegal positions would not go for Mccain, Guliani, or Huckabee-----they would go to Romney.
    I agree....Seems Fred may be staying in the race. I thought he said he would pull out if he did not finish strong in SC.... Is he trying to garantee his friend McAmnesty a Florida victory and the nomination?
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824

I agree....Seems Fred may be staying in the race. I thought he said he would pull out if he did not finish strong in SC.... Is he trying to garantee his friend McAmnesty a Florida victory and the nomination?
    A large majority definitely believe that is what he is doing!! Look at the other thread on this site for proof of this!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

If Thompson does stay in for Florida, I believe it will be to help his friend McCain. Otherwise, why would he stay in? Did he purposely wait to jump into the race and start swinging to take the votes away from Huckabee and Romney to help McCain? His connection to McCain in the 2000 election, makes it even more suspicious.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    You can vote early NOW FLORIDA... there are some precincts open for early voting to expedite the process
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What I'm concerned about is 40% of the votes are absentee votes and were mail in long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Check out the spin on this aticle in Flordia ...Zeezil, Cayla and I left comments here!! You also do not have to register.
    http://www.miamiherald.com:80/campaign0 ... 86935.html
    Done.

More Jan 21 articles where we can post to educate Florida on the candidates. Jan

Tampa Zip codes: 33611, 33612, 33613, 33614, 33629, 33630, 33631

Tampa - http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/21 ... ttle-here/

Miami - http://pod01.prospero.com/n/pfx/forum.a ... &tid=29767

reuters - http://www.reuters.com/article/politics ... 4120080120

Newsday - http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld ... 6938.story

usatoday - http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/e ... cans_N.htm

msnbc - http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/ ... 94987.aspx

Left a comment on the Florida newspaper page.

But I can't believe I'm reading criticism of Romney for not serving in Viet Nam. Freaking liberals. What about your Bad Boy Clinton? Mrs. Clinton as well??? Geez, if that isn't the height of hypocrisy I dont know what else is! Most of their ranks activity avoided Viet Nam and every conflict since!

Did Rudy serve in Viet Nam? Doubt it!

I just honestly cannot believe the gall of U.S. voters at this time.

So what if McCain served. I don't knock his service, or what happened to him, but I look at what he's done in the Senate . ..which has been a long road of DAMAGE. That's what I look at. McCain is too old to even remember what happened in Viet Nam -- I'm sure it colors his perspective ...but it also could have altered him mentally as well.

Are there any local conservative talk radio shows in Florida? If so, it might help to hit those. I'm posting on as many newspapers as possible. I use the names of various cats I've known and loved over the years, including my current three.

I'm going to call Romney's Florida headquarters today and share some insights regarding a number of people(across the country) I know who are on the fence about him. I don't know anyone in Florida, but heading into Super Tuesday, this information might be helpful. The main concerns I hear is that he seems too rehearsed in his presentations, i.e. he keeps repeating the same lines and stories over and over again. I've also heard a number of times that he doesn't convey emotion well. They like his message but question his sincerity. We've all heard this before. These people are Republicans who will be voting on Feb. 5, and I think they could be swayed to support him. I'm wondering if this is representative of the rest of the country's undecided voters. I'm not sure how I'm going to present the information, but I feel compelled to make his campaign aware of this, particularly if it could help.

On the early Florida voting: I keep hearing on the news that up 40% of Floridians have already voted. Does anyone have further information? If it's true, this could be very significant to the outcome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast