Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW

If you're depending on the Senate to rescue us from an amnesty, I think you're looking in the wrong place. Remember, the U.S. Senate has already passed one amnesty S. 2611.
    That was three years ago, a lot has changed since then.

Where do you get the #40 for Republicans in the Senate being needed for an amnesty to pass? They don't need 40 because most Senate Democrats support amnesty.
    60 Senators are needed to pass anything, when means it only takes 40 Senators to oppose amnesty to defeat it. That is how we defeated it last year.

The Democrats on the other hand will be pushing for an amnesty knowing full well that Obama will be sitting in the White House waiting for it.
    Not right away, the Dems have a lot of other bills they want to pass first, concerning taxes, health care, Iraq war, etc. Rahm Emanuel, a DNC bigwig, said don't expect amnesty for 5 years.

I'm hopeful a poor economy and high unemployment rate will help us stop an amnesty in 2009. I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking that there won't be many folks, Democrats and Republicans, eager to sign their name to an amnesty if the economy is in the pits and many of their constituents are out of work.
    It seems you will get what you wish for. I think the recession will be severe enough and made worse by Democrat tax increases that in 2010 Republicans will retake control of the House.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    ...Republicans will retake control of the House.
    Sadly, at this point it looks like this is the best we can hope for. Look what happened when Clinton overreached early in his term. Look what happened in 1980 after the Carter years. It's going to at least a tough couple if years anyway, but John McCain is a disaster. Should he lose, it will be time to rebuild the party and conservatism.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    ok, heres a silly question.

Where will we be, here at ALIPAC, if amnesty does pass? Will there be anything left to fight for or will we have to close the doors here?

Has this question been addressed before? If it has, I obviously missed it.

Maybe no one wants to go there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123