Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

vmonkey56 wrote:
    Georgia: You must have gotten Suzy, too. Your conversation is a repeat of mine. I ask about other language, too.
    I believe that was her name. How funny. Well, more Americans had better wake up and see that their own jobs may be on the chopping block as they push this bi-lingual garbage on every part of our lives. Teachers, bankers, construction workers, call center workers, whoever, will be required to know other languages in the lowest level of jobs on up as this creeps along. Suzy may be next, unless she of course speaks Spanish or Chinese, or whatever.

It is good to know other languages, but a cohesive society needs a central language to function at its best, and it will save millions of dollars used to translate so many things for those who refuse to learn English. If people want to pay for their own translators and translations, that is one thing, but for this to be put on the back of the taxpayers for the ever growing numbers of languages is not right.

We are possibly going to need a pocket translator here in our own nation.

Jeremiah 29:11
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The thing is who are these billboards trying to reach and why this need to be bi-lingual (English/Spanish) to get a job anymore? Most Hispanic ciitzens can speak English so there is no need to reach them in Spanish. The answer is obvious they are catering tio illegal alien Spanish speakers and this is unacceptable because they don't even have a right to be in our country. This madness needs to stop!

Here in So Cal, the McD's by my house has the menus in spanish and English! I refuse to eat at McDonalds but stopped for coffee one morning (which I rarely do anyway). I couldn't believe my eyes. I just shook my head and walked out! Just about the same time, I received coupons in the mail for MD's that were printed in spanish and English. Sorry, but they have already gone way beyond billboards!

I always new McD's was a haven for illegals, but they are not even trying to hide it any more.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is an older picture. But I can tell you that our town has many billboards just in a foreign language; McDonalds, phone companies, lawyers, real estate ads.... Our town has almost a 60%? Hispanic population and a very large population of illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbl2929
    I said that this bill board is "divisive" as it pits American citizens against foreigners who have chosen not to honor our heritage of being a melding pot which means they all "meld" to be Americans!
    How does this pit anyone against anyone? Limiting otherse by mandating their language, religion, etc goes against the very grain of the American ideal.

Narrowly defining the scope of what an "American" must be is hypocritical, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    McDonalds, global interests only and the profit line always in view. Forget American interests other than the dollar.
    McDonalds is a for-profit publicly traded corporation. Their interests are in making money. McDonalds has a responsibility to their shareholders to make smart business decisions and increase the value of their organization. If the marketing department has determined that specific language signs in specific areas will help boost profits, they should be expected to pursue this avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    Oh my stupid people of MCDONALD'S thinks we need to have more diversity.
    You're giving McDonalds entirely too much credit. Nearly everything they do is about increasing their own profits.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    I called and spoke to someone who sounded like an American born citizen with excellent English speaking skills. I voiced my opposition to bi-lingual billboards or to billboards without English, and she said that they were trying to reach a wide population. I asked her if they would be doing this in Chinese, she laughed and said that may be considered if necessary. I asked what about Russian? She said possibly. I said, so you will have your menu boards in all of the languages, and added that you can see that this can become ridiculous.
    What exactly were you trying to prove here? I'm certain that McDonalds is following the demographics and directing their marketing campaign as they see necessary. If an area was overwhelmingly Chinese, I would expect to see a Chinese billboard in that location.

il102: You must be profiting from destroying The United States for the LOVE OF GLOBALIST... You need to sponsor about 10 immigrants and pay all their debts. Taxpayer aren't to pay the debt of those that YOU sponsor.

The United States, my country is diverse more than any place on earth. And you know this but if you don't go live in China, or even Mexico.

Just for il102 enjoyment:
    "A Negitive View of E-Verify"
    https://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Forum ... 103#961103

il102 - 300,000,000 Americans want E-Verify, 297g Program and SECURE BORDERS

And maybe you will want to read some on the Anchor Baby Petition Against Illegal Citizenship in California. Be smart find the information.

Non-Citizens, citizens, corporations, or globalists representing other foreign interests to The United States had better be signing a FARA form before they speak with my Congress. I say the Congress is committing treason if they are not requesting these FARA forms.

"We the People" are winning, haha!

il102: You must be profiting from destroying The United States for the LOVE OF GLOBALIST... You need to sponsor about 10 immigrants and pay all their debts. Taxpayer aren't to pay the debt of those that YOU sponsor.

The United States, my country is diverse more than any place on earth. And you know this but if you don't go live in China, or even Mexico.

Just for il102 enjoyment:
    "A Negitive View of E-Verify"
    https://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Forum ... 103#961103

il102 - 300,000,000 Americans want E-Verify, 297g Program and SECURE BORDERS

And maybe you will want to read some on the Anchor Baby Petition Against Illegal Citizenship in California. Be smart find the information.

Non-Citizens, citizens, corporations, or globalists representing other foreign interests to The United States had better be signing a FARA form before they speak with my Congress. I say the Congress is committing treason if they are not requesting these FARA forms.

"We the People" are winning, haha!
    What are you talking about? I wasn't addressing any of those points. All I'm saying is McDonalds is going to do what makes McDonalds more money... If I was a shareholder, I'd expect nothing less. Especially with something as innocent as bilingual billboards.

These POINTS you are MISSING! ENGLISH ONLY!

April
    I called and spoke to someone who sounded like an American born citizen with excellent English speaking skills. I voiced my opposition to bi-lingual billboards or to billboards without English, and she said that they were trying to reach a wide population.
    I got the same response and I reminded her that this is America and English is our language.

These POINTS you are MISSING! ENGLISH ONLY!
    You're missing the point actually. I'm not even debating the pros and cons of an official language in the United States. If we were talking about government documents, we could have have that discussion.

Suggesting that a public company such as McDonalds should be punished for choosing to create documents in whatever language they feel like is silly.

Also, I find it ironic that you seem to have a tenuous grasp on English grammar yourself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast