Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    SIS wrote:

1. Why is the TEXT of this AMNESTY bill NOT out for the American people to read?

2. Is it the Senators plan to keep this AMNESTY TEXT from the American people?
    > WHY?

3. When can I expect to see the ENTIRE TEXT that has been completed at this time?

4. WHAT are the Senators trying to HIDE from the American people?
    Kyl's office said it's all out there, but sounded nervous.
    Unless we are BLIND - all we've found is the DRAFT.

If there is an actual TEXT of this AMNESTY, we need it.

OLIVER, can you call them back and ask them WHERE IS IT & where WE can get a copy? Not the DRAFT.
    Or.........is he talking about the 2611 which Reid has made into the new piece of garbage?

Then WHY is there a new DRAFT?

They are doing everything to confuse Americans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    V wrote:
    OLIVER, can you call them back and ask them WHERE IS IT & where WE can get a copy? Not the DRAFT.
    Or.........is he talking about the 2611 which Reid has made into the new piece of garbage?
    Cannot even get thru to the switchboard! NO KIDDING! It just rings and rings and then SILENCE!

Banned
    ALL THE MORE REASON TO VISIT YOUR SENATORS OVER THE BREAK!!

http://www.maldef.org/news/press.cfm?ID ... mIndex=yes

Senate Immigration Bill Undergoing Changes
    Strong Latino Voice Needed Next Week When Senators Are Home

May 23, 2007

Latino and pro-immigrant voices must continue to be heard as the U.S. Senate considers changes to last week's compromise agreement with the White House. Your participation now by calling your Senators' district offices or reaching them in Washington (202-224-3121) will strengthen MALDEF's and others' efforts. The current focus is on family reunification and the legalization program. Now is the time to act!

Menendez/Hagel Amendment - MALDEF, religious, Asian u American, and other advocates strongly support this amendment to restore the ability of over 800,000 U.S. citizens to be reunited with close family members. Without this bipartisan amendment, they would lose their place in the legal immigration line and get shifted into the untested and unpredictable Point System for visa allocation. Reducing opportunities for citizens who have waited to be reunited with close family members should not be part of the overall compromise. This amendment limits the damage to families and should be the first amendment to be debated and voted upon today.

Clinton/Hagel Amendment - MALDEF Legislative Attorney Eric Gutierrez will
    appear at a press conference today on Capitol Hill with Senators Clinton and Hagel and immigrant advocates in support of this amendment that would treat spouses and minor children of permanent residents as 'immediate relatives' for immigration category purposes. If adopted, the amendment would mean that spouses and minor children would no longer have to endure up to five years of waiting for their visas.

Menendez/Obama Amendments - These senators are expected to offer two amendments that would reduce the negative impact on family reunification that would be created by the new Point System. MALDEF supports these amendments that would (1) end the Point System after 5 years unless Congress studies and extends it and (2) give family members a better chance of emerging from the Point System with enough points to qualify for a visa. MALDEF opposes this Point System entirely. If it remains in the Senate bill, we will work to remove it in the House.

Dodd/Hatch Amendment - This bipartisan amendment would undo damage in the compromise that makes it more difficult for the parents of U.S. citizens to obtain a visa. The compromise would place a limit on the number of visas for parents at roughly half the current usage. The amendment retains the limitation but raises it to 90,000 visas per year or roughly the current usage. MALDEF supports this amendment.

Moving to the legalization program, an unexpectedly harsh amendment may be offered by freshman Missouri Senator McCaskill. In addition to the $5,000 fine, various application fees and eight or more year process for eventual legal status that is already in the compromise, the potential McCaskill Amendment would force individuals seeking legal status to admit to the misdemeanor of entering the United States without authorization and to perform hundreds of hours of 'community service.' MALDEF strongly opposes this amendment as an unnecessary and unduly excessive obstacle to legal status. The amendment ignores that (1) unauthorized immigrants already work in some of the most dangerous, difficult, and unwanted occupations and (2) the requirements under the compromise are already far more stringent than any of the many legalization programs the government has regularly administered over the past 80 years.

On Tuesday, MALDEF President and General Counsel John TrasviƱa addressed the Council on Foreign Relations in New York City on the immigration legislation and, with Legislative Attorney Eric Gutierrez, conducted a press conference with the ACLU and AFL-CIO on various provisions of the bill. We will continue to carry out these and other activities and invite you to let us know of opportunities where we can educate the Latino community and others about what is at stake in the current deliberations or assist you in your own efforts.

Banned
    I made an appointment with one of my guys...anybody else have any luck!

Banned
    bttt

As I said a few minutes ago in another thread - I'm out for Bear now and the GLOVES ARE COMING OFF.

Working on putting together a few small teams to pop into the good AMNESTY SENATORS offices.

Menendez & Lautenberg..........CAN YOU VISUALIZE THIS????
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

go to your senators office in your home state and see if the senator is in. and talk to him/her face to face

I live in Los Angeles county and I want to go to Feinsteins and Boxers office in LA or could even go to San Diego. is there any one who would want to join me next week? I will go alone but I think a group could be more effictive. Tuesday works well for me ,
    IF there is anyone who wants to join let me know.

Banned
    COME ON EVERYONE - MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENTS, FIND TOWN HALL MEETING TIMES/LOCATIONS AND POST HERE.

DON'T LET THESE GUYS OFF THE HOOK!

NEXT WEEK IS A PRIME OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD IN PERSON!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 571#364571

Delay on Immigration Vote a Risk

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/blogs/news ... e_a_ri.htm

May 24, 2007
    Note: Updated at 3:42 p.m. ET.

Republican worries are growing over the increasingly harsh reaction among grass-roots conservatives to the bipartisan Senate agreement on overhauling the immigration system.

As debate over amendments continues, it's clear that the leadership's decision to delay a vote on the measure until after the Senate's weeklong Memorial Day recess was a risky strategy. The delay means that the legislation's many opponents on the left and right will have time to pick it apart and pressure individual legislators while they are in their home states.

But for some conservative senators, the concern focuses more on the thunder from the right. Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, for example, has been a big booster of the deal, even though the bargain appears to be unpopular in his home state, especially over provisions granting a "path to citizenship" for undocumented workers. Opponents label it amnesty. When Graham spoke at a state GOP convention last week, he was booed.

Now Graham may face a strong challenge in a GOP primary next year, party sources say--the same concern that other senators fear if they back the immigration bill. On the other hand, a Graham admirer counters that the senator's support for the bill represents a "profile in courage" and shows that he wants to get things done, even if he has to compromise to do so.

--Kenneth T. Walsh

Update: Whispers Editor Paul Bedard has this to add on the subject:

Aides in House and Senate offices this morning reported that groups opposed to the immigration bill now before the Senate are warning that they plan to flood town hall meetings during the Memorial Day recess. One top leadership aide said that groups were asking member offices for the times and places of town hall meetings or other gatherings where the lawmakers have planned to take public questions.

"Some of these members are going to get creamed on this issue when they go home," warned a Senate aide whose boss has not announced a public meeting next week. "Man, are we glad we didn't set up a town hall," said the aide.

Senate leadership officials are concerned that the pressure from voters and interest groups expected to be unleashed on lawmakers may further delay passage of the plan and very likely change some votes.

"We should have had the vote last week," said a Senate GOP official. "There's no telling how these meet-and-greets will change a member's view."

Banned
    I have called 2 offices today: Kyl and Craig--both are going directly to voicemail. I do not know if this is a trend, but Kyl's will not allow messages. I left Craig a message about his vote on not removing the amnesty clause yesterday. I told him that if he was out to destroy America, then America would destroy him by making sure he was never re-elected. I said I was in the process of making sure he was not re-elected and if I had to personally rally every person in Idaho I would. I told him he was committing treason! I suggested he resign now! (I have a letter to the editor about to be published in the largest newspaper circulating in Idaho)

Kyl's home offices: Phoenix--(602) 840-1891
    Tuscon (520)575-8633

I will be calling with the same message for Kyl when these offices open.
    Kyl is going to destroy America so America is going to destroy his political career!!!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast