Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks Oliver we needed that!! maybe you should make it a new post and label it (List of Traitor Senators) so everyone will start working on them!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    SOSAD,
    Will do!

EXECELLENT!!WAY TO GO OLIVER, YOU GO GET EM GIRLFRIEND!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    SOSAD wrote:
    Done keep it moving to the top!

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    SOSAD wrote:
    Done keep it moving to the top!
    OKIE DOKIE!!!

Banned
    SOSAD wrote:
    OKIE DOKIE!!!

Such a pleasure to work with you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    SOSAD wrote:
    OKIE DOKIE!!!

Such a pleasure to work with you!!!
    DITTO!! Love your bunny!!

Here's a reply from Obama. The part I highlighted where he quotes Bush saying it would be "unwise" to deport got me thinking on why? What would make it so unwise, just that big business wouldn't have the "cheap" labor? Or perhaps he does fear an uprising by the invaders/Mexico.

Dear ___

Thank you for contacting me about the immigration reform debate. I appreciate your strong feelings on this issue.

Public concern and frustration about unchecked illegal immigration on the United States is growing dramatically, and I agree with those who believe that President Bush and Congress must step up to the plate and address this problem, sooner rather than later. Illegal immigration has significant adverse effects not only on American workers but also on our communities’ health and education infrastructure. Also, I understand the strong feeling within Illinois that undocumented immigrants should not be rewarded for flouting U.S. law.

The challenge facing President Bush and Congress is how to effectively stop the flow of illegal immigrants across our borders and deal with illegal aliens who are already living and working in this country. I appreciate that many disagree on how to actually solve this problem. But it is significant that the Department of Homeland Security recognizes that identifying and deporting 11 million undocumented workers currently working in this country would not only be extremely difficult logistically, it would be disruptive to the American economy.

In an address to the nation, President Bush argued that the most reasonable and effective response is to stop the entry of illegal aliens across our borders, prevent employers from hiring illegal immigrants, and establish an orderly, rational path to citizenship for law-abiding immigrants who are already here and contributing to our country. The President said:

Some in this country argue that the solution is to deport every illegal immigrant, and that any proposal short of this amounts to amnesty. I disagree. It is neither wise, nor realistic to round up millions of people, many with deep roots in the United States, and send them across the border. There is a rational middle ground between granting an automatic path to citizenship for every illegal immigrant, and a program of mass deportation. That middle ground recognizes there are differences between an illegal immigrant who crossed the border recently, and someone who has worked here for many years, and has a home, a family, and an otherwise clean record.

President Bush has the right approach to a difficult and highly emotional problem. The immigration reform bill I voted for last year, and the President supported, would have provided more funds and technology for border security and strengthened the employment eligibility confirmation system so that employers are unable to skirt our laws by hiring illegal immigrants. It also would have provided immigrants who are now contributing and responsible members of society an opportunity to remain in the country and earn citizenship. But not all illegal immigrants would have been guaranteed the right to remain in the U.S. under this proposal; they would first have had to pay a substantial fine and back taxes, learn English, satisfy a work requirement, and pass a criminal background check.

You may also be interested to know about three amendments I offered to this bill last year. The first amendment strengthened the requirement that a job be offered at a prevailing wage to American workers before it is offered to a guest-worker. It also ensured that communities where the American unemployment rate is high will not experience unnecessary competition from guest-workers.

The second amendment was a collaborative effort with Senators Charles Grassley (R-IA), Edward Kennedy (D-MA), and Max Baucus (D-MT) to create a new employment eligibility verification system. The legislation made it simple, but mandatory for employers to verify that their employees are legally eligible to work in the United States. This is probably the single most important thing we can do to reduce the inflow of undocumented workers into the United States.

The third amendment authorized $3.125 million a year for the next five years to allow the FBI to hire additional staff and take other steps to improve the speed and accuracy of the background checks required for immigrants seeking to become citizens.

This immigration reform bill passed the Senate by a 62 to 36 bipartisan vote, but a joint House/Senate conference committee appointed to reconcile the differences between this bill and a separate version passed by the House of Representatives (H.R. 4437) couldn't complete its negotiations before Congress adjourned. I look forward to continuing to work in the present 110th Session of Congress with President Bush, my colleagues in Congress, and the people of Illinois on an immigration bill that respects the rule of law and deals responsibly with the illegal immigrants here in our country. I appreciate your thoughts, suggestions and guidance as this process continues.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama
    United States Senator

Banned
    It is neither wise, nor realistic to round up millions of people, many with deep roots in the United States, and send them across the border.
    OK, you most disingenuous Senator Obama, how about securing the borders and stopping taxpayer entitlements and sanctioning employers for breaking the law for hiring them? Then they will self-deport. DUH!!!

JAK
    Democrats...what were the campaign promises that you made in 2006???

Which of those promises have you kept? In regard to the topic on this forum...how about the middle class? Trade agreements? Giving millions of illegal aliens AMNESTY?

Please tell me how this helps the middle class??!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast