Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

eating pig on hannukah -thats why- was jus funnin yah anywho
    the reindeer is cute :P

Well, IF I were planning on CELEBRATING Hannukah, I would PROBABLY have to change my menu!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

true - and you can eat as much pig as you like --just dont eat you're cute reindeer!

You forgot to mention EID. Someone might get offended.
    Eid falls at a different time each year since the Islam calendar is different from ours.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

okay iam offended Iam really offended ann . Iam hiring an attorney. I am being d-i-s-c-r-i-m-a-t-e-d against!

Ouch, Thelma!

But my statement about the calendar is irrefutable truth. I spent enough years over there with them and got confused about their holidays enough times to know at least that much.

Their calendar months go from new moon to new moon and last only 28 days which means that their year has only 336 days while ours has 365. Each year their holidays fall 29 days earlier than the year before. Ramadan doesn't even begin until the Imam sees the new moon and announces it to the people.

I think Eid is the "Big Feast" and the "Little Feast" is the one that comes at the end of the month of Ramadan. But I wouldn't swear to that.

Both Feasts are relative to Christians' Christmas and Easter although they have nothing to do with Christ, who is considered a prophet by the Moslems, by the way. The dates represent when Mohammed was born and when Mohammed ascended to heaven. I THINK that the birth is the big feast and the asencion is the little feast. Ramadan is the month of fasting and prayer for the devout. Some countries beat the people into submission to make them comply with the rules of Ramadan which say that people must not eat, drink or smoke during daylight hours for the entire month of Ramadan. It is 1496 in the Islam world this year.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I once lived in a house in S.f.. my roomate, an american woman had run off with a palestinian arab while living in Jordon - leaving a professor husband behind for a penniless arab who spoke no english.
    anyway they had a daughter and he was over all the time-but There wasnt any serious fasting or ramadan or anything like that-
    no real point to this - I remember when the koran and arabs etc werent such a political issue- that would be five years ago

they were a cute non-couple. she used to say - at the breakfast table that he was the stupidest person she ever met....

What I object to is a forced diversity program... like on tv tonight they had a slogan that said Happy christhuukah- and I thought - give it a rest-christmas is not hannukah and this new kwanza - its so serious - holidays originated from a festive attitude- I mean I cant stand
    thanksgiving - why would I want to do Kwanza?
    ps I really like you're new quote !

Thanks, Thelma. Old Ben said some clever stuff, didn't he? I used to have a book of nothing but famous quotes. That one stuck with me. I had a sister and a brother who told so many lies you'd have thought they were George Bush's kids. LOL

I know a few American women who married royalty and moved to Saudi Arabia. They are "princesses" who live in beautiful prisons where their husband can have three other wives, they can't discipline their male children and they can't go anywhere or do anything without someone watching their every move. Sad, but I don't feel sorry for them because they should have thought about that before they married someone whose culture is so different. The library if full of books!

And while I don't believe it's our business to change their customs and beliefs, I do believe it is silly to marry someone whose culture is so vastly different from my own.

Was it BARTLETT'S??? I LOVE Bartlett's! It is my FAVORITE REFERENCE BOOK!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

ann_ my roomate came to the same conclusion- Many women fell for middle-eastern men back in the seventies when there were many of them here- but having children with them - especially the saudias ,led to tradegy- because the men took the kids and they never saw them again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast