Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican Consulate Bombed in New York!

I just heard on the news that the Mexican Consulate in NY was bombed today! I'll try to find an article.

Device Explodes At Mexican Consulate
    Windows Shattered In Overnight Explosion, No Reported Injuries

NEW YORK (CBS) ― Police and bomb squad units were called to the Mexican Consulate in Manhattan early Friday morning after some kind explosive device detonated at the building, WCBSTV.com first reported.

Sources say the device -- which initially was said to be some sort of hand grenade, but sources later confirmed it may have been something else -- exploded outside the building, located at 27 E. 39th Street and Fifth Avenue, shattering glass and sending debris into the building.

There are no reports of any injuries, but consulate employees were tense as the news spread. "Everybody got nervous when they heard something about this, but we can stay calm," said Alejandro Aquino.

A woman who works near the building tells CBS 2's Sean Hennessey that her boss heard an explosion around 3:30 a.m. "He said he heard something that sounded like a bomb, and he never heard anything that loud in his life and it scared him," she said.

When consulate employees arrived at the building Friday morning, they said they didn't notice anything out of the ordinary other than broken windows, which is when they notified authorities.

The NYPD's Arson Explosive Unit and the Bomb Squad are investigating the incident, as is the FBI and the area has been cordoned off.

In May 2005, two hand grenades exploded outside the British Consulate also around 3:30 in the morning, just as Britons went to the polls in a national election. That blast also caused minor damage and no injuries. The devices used in that attack were described as replica grenades, normally sold as novelty items, that were stuffed with gunpowder and lit with a fuse.

http://wcbstv.com/local/mexican.consula ... 13390.html

Thanks, cvangel!

Welcome! Drudge had it and I was just going to post it when I saw your post.

Oh no.....why do I have the feeling that Mexico is going to turn this into some huge international incident, declare it an act of war upon that country, or some other idiotic ploy, in order to start something?

That country is relentless is making our lives Hell, the last thing they needed was this to add to it
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well I can't say we didn't see this coming. This is not the right way to express anger about what is happening in our country but some are getting tired of the in-action and constant pandering to the illegal aliens.

I really think that this is only the beginning. As if it wasn't bad enough, the Vicente Fox traveling circus is only inflaming more Americans.

Oh no.....why do I have the feeling that Mexico is going to turn this into some huge international incident, declare it an act of war upon that country, or some other idiotic ploy, in order to start something?

Maybe they did it to themselves, they seem to want us to attack them for some nefarious reason. here are the facts:

Calderon claims we have no southern border- (provocation to war)
    Mexican army comes fully loaded onto our side of the border (actual act of war)

we officially (right or wrong) have ignored this.

Now their consulate "gets bombed" on US soil? hmmmm it makes me wonder.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That thought crossed my mind too Cayla99

Mine too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast