Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A U.S. Border Patrol agent fatally shot a 15-year-old Mexican boy after a group trying to illegally enter Texas threw rocks at officers near downtown El Paso, U.S. authorities said Tuesday.

The shooting, which happened Monday evening beneath a railroad bridge linking the two nations, drew sharp criticism from Mexico, where the government said Tuesday that "the use of firearms to repel attacks with stones represents disproportionate use of force,

There is a difference between stones and rocks. Although stones, if they hit in the right spot can cause serious damage, rocks most certainly can; and as already said here can kill.

That 15 or 19 year old was up to no good. Would the Mexican authorities be satisfied if the BP agent had thrown rocks instead of shooting and then still the boy or young man died? It would be even force, right? Somehow I don't think so.. They will complain no matter what force is used. Even if it would just be a BP agent standing and blocking the illegal border crossers with nothing but their bodies.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

I've been in El Paso all my life and I can tell you this.....Mexican people from Mexico do not teach their children to respect a damn thing and that includes, law enforcement. Throwing rocks from the other side of the river at agents is a normal form of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by forest
    A U.S. Border Patrol agent fatally shot a 15-year-old Mexican boy after a group trying to illegally enter Texas threw rocks at officers near downtown El Paso, U.S. authorities said Tuesday.

The shooting, which happened Monday evening beneath a railroad bridge linking the two nations, drew sharp criticism from Mexico, where the government said Tuesday that "the use of firearms to repel attacks with stones represents disproportionate use of force,

There is a difference between stones and rocks. Although stones, if they hit in the right spot can cause serious damage, rocks most certainly can; and as already said here can kill.

You are correct. There are police officers who were left with brain damage after being hit in the head with rocks. Rocks are considered weapons in the eyes of law enforcement agencies which in turn allows law enforcement agents to discharge their gun. They were too far to taser them. Last week a Mexican was tazed at the border in California after he fought either BP or ICE and ended up dying. The Mexican government said that it was unnecessary force as well.

That 15 or 19 year old was up to no good. Would the Mexican authorities be satisfied if the BP agent had thrown rocks instead of shooting and then still the boy or young man died? It would be even force, right? Somehow I don't think so.. They will complain no matter what force is used. Even if it would just be a BP agent standing and blocking the illegal border crossers with nothing but their bodies.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    I've been in El Paso all my life and I can tell you this.....Mexican people from Mexico do not teach their children to respect a damn thing and that includes, law enforcement. Throwing rocks from the other side of the river at agents is a normal form of entertainment.
    We have a few of those kids in my condo building that would throw rocks or coconuts from the 3rd or 4th floor by the walkway where people walk to the pool. Many of the people who walk there are elderly. They would also skateboard up and down hallways where you weren't allowed to and would tell security off when they would tell them to stop. These kids ranged in age from 4 to 11. One day they were skateboarding down my hallway and I was fed up with them and their attitude so when I heard a police call dispatched in my complex and where the officer was coming from. I waited till they got closer, went out in the hallway with the police radio and told them that someone called the cops on them. They heard the sirens get closer and closer and took off. They never skateboarded on my floor again and they would run when they saw me. Even the older teens who would skate board in an area they were permitted to use would have nothing to do with those kids and said they were bad news.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Did we hear any outrage at all ( not even from our own president) when the rancher was murdered on his own property....

ummm just a few days ago Calderon referred to our border patrol as "North American Migration Authorities"
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

That's what happens when ignorant people attempt to use big words that they don't know they meaning of.

To me, it will be interesting how the current administration addresses this incident. While it is a shame the kid got killed just for being in the wrong place...people should take note that illegals are also starting to "push back", in this instance, by throwing rocks. I am wondering what policy the Messiah will overturn...it's bad enough he is sending the National Guard down there "unarmed". I would think the message to the messiahidiot should be: "SECURE THE BORDER NOW!".

Rocks can and do kill people, especially when thrown with force. Ever hear of David and Goliath? Fact is a gang of illegal aliens throwing rocks at a lone law enforcement officer put that officer in a life or death situation. If those rocks hit the officer and rendered him dead, I am sure the illegals would have been quick to pick through his belongings and strip him.

There is a war being waged on these United States by criminal illegal aliens and their masters in Mexico. We have the right to defend ourselves. The fact these illegal aliens were throwing rocks at a Border Patrol agent and had back up from Mexican Federally Troops shows the contempt in which they hold our border and nation.

Our law enforcement officers have every right to defend themselves with lethal force when attacked. Perhaps the next time illegal aliens think of attacking they will remember that our law enforcement and military are trained to be good shots.
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

I wonder if this is true. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/09/me ... urce-says/

The 15-year-old Mexican boy who was shot dead by a Border Patrol agent as U.S. authorities came under attack along the border Tuesday was known to authorities as a juvenile smuggler, sources close to the investigation told Fox News.

Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereka was shot once near the eye as U.S. Border Patrol agents on bicycles were "assaulted with rocks" as they tried to detain illegal immigrants on the Texas side of the Rio Grande.

Huereka was charged with alien smuggling in 2009, according to sources who requested anonymity. Further details were not immediately available.

"He is a known juvenile smuggler," a source told Fox News. He was also on a "most wanted" list of juvenile smugglers compiled by U.S. authorities in the El Paso area, sources said.

As the saying goes: "sooner or later the truth will come out." It looks like it is and they will hate it even more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast