Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MI Sen. Carl Levin's response to troop deployment in U.S.

I rarely post here or anywhere else for that matter. But, I thought I should get this information out there. Do with it what you will.

After reading an article about the 20000 troops being deployed here in the country, I wrote to Carl Levin about my concerns. It raises a few red flags with me. I originally heard about this back in November. I believe I was listening to Glenn Beck at the time. That same day, my Dad called me about it. He's ex-Navy. This has him gravely concerned. I have not yet heard back from Debbie Stabenow or my Congressman.

If I'm reading Levin's response correctly, the Congress could turn our own troops against us, should we decide to rise up against all this crap that is going on right now.

Here is a link to the article in the Washington Post from Dec. 1, 2008. It is followed by Levin's response.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 17_pf.html

[quote]Dear ______

Thank you for contacting me regarding the use of federal troops for disaster assistance. I appreciate hearing from you on this subject.

Under the Posse Comitatus Act, the military can assist civilian authorities in executing the law only in extraordinary circumstances, such as a terrorist attack, natural disaster or special event. It establishes penalties for “whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws…â€

First and foremost, WELCOME TO ALIPAC Sondra

I do believe that we are going to be going through some scary times. I just pray that our constitution survives the next few years.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It sounds to me that Mr Leahy is VERY PARANOID!
    I just read his "Insurrection Act", and it sounds more like something from North Korea than The United States of America.
    WHERE ARE THE PATRIOTS? WHO WILL THE PEOPLE FOLLOW?
    The way I read this is it is a BUNCH of FILTHY RICH ELITIST, with thier OWN PRIVATE ARMY!!!! Paid for by the TAXPAYER!
    They want to PROTECT THIER CORRUPTION!!! That is ALL THIS IS!
    And they are doing it... Right in plain sight... I do NOT SEE anyone doing anything about it, do you? Read it, then ask yourself if THIS IS AMERICA?
    http://leahy.senate.gov/press/200803/03 ... hyBond.pdf
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    It sounds to me that Mr Leahy is VERY PARANOID!
    I just read his "Insurrection Act", and it sounds more like something from North Korea than The United States of America.
    WHERE ARE THE PATRIOTS? WHO WILL THE PEOPLE FOLLOW?
    The way I read this is it is a BUNCH of FILTHY RICH ELITIST, with thier OWN PRIVATE ARMY!!!! Paid for by the TAXPAYER!
    They want to PROTECT THIER CORRUPTION!!! That is ALL THIS IS!
    And they are doing it... Right in plain sight... I do NOT SEE anyone doing anything about it, do you? Read it, then ask yourself if THIS IS AMERICA?
    http://leahy.senate.gov/press/200803/03 ... hyBond.pdf
    I wonder how many members of congress voted on it without reading it. The lack of reading by our legislative branch to me is the most terrifying thing they have or have not done. It is not a stretch to foresee a unanimous vote on a bill that has major hidden agendas. such as the fictional bill below:

Bill summery: The bill would rename the south entrance of Yellowstone National park and the Yogi and Boo Boo entrance.
    In the back rooms whispers report Hanna-Barbera Productions is willing to donate 50k to the campaign funds of every member of congress who votes for it, or a two week vacation for their family on a private island with whatever perks congress people like, the congressman's choice.

Well c'mon folks, what real harm is there in renaming one gate of one national park? It passes unanimously. Meanwhile hidden on page 1250 of the bill nobody read was the following:

Congress immediately suspends the Constitution and agrees to step down and acknowledge that they have no more power to do anything. Those with net worth lower than 100,000.00 dollars will immediately be equally divided and given as property to those whose net worth at the date of this signing was equal to or exceeded 5 million dollars (10 million for married couples). Those with a net worth between 100,000.00 dollars and 5 Million dollars will remain free persons but must immediatly surrender everything they own to those who will become our new royalty (those in the over 5 million category). They may now rent back their property for the amount demanded by the new rulers. The current president will hereinafter be known as King. There will be no further elections. Upon the kings death, the crown will go to the kings eldest child ect....
    It does not matter if the president signs it or not, the vote was unanimous. I know it sounds far fetched, but when they are not reading what they vote on, who knows?

Now back to the current situation, training troops to be used against us can only be a bad thing.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You are right Cayla, I looked into this a little deeper and found this testimony, I suggest you read it, and pass it on. I did not know how far OUR GOVT. would go to keep power, this testimony only strengthens my distrust towards the Elected.
    17. UNCLASSIFIED
    ... BEFORE THE. SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE. ON. ''THE INSURRECTION ACT RIDER''. AND. ... The
    Insurrection Act''s martial law authority has been used sparingly. ...
    http://leahy.senate.gov/issues/Insurrec ... imony.doc-
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

The Lowenberg Testimony is chilling. This needs to be passed on to as many people as possible. I have to wonder just what other powers Congress and the President have given themselves without the knowledge of the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    You are right Cayla, I looked into this a little deeper and found this testimony, I suggest you read it, and pass it on. I did not know how far OUR GOVT. would go to keep power, this testimony only strengthens my distrust towards the Elected.
    17. UNCLASSIFIED
    ... BEFORE THE. SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE. ON. ''THE INSURRECTION ACT RIDER''. AND. ... The
    Insurrection Act''s martial law authority has been used sparingly. ...
    http://leahy.senate.gov/issues/Insurrec ... imony.doc-
    Sondra did you use the above link??????

When I clicked it I got "We are sorry but the page you are looking for was not found"

It wouldn't come up for me either!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

http://leahy.senate.gov/issues/Insurrec ... timony.doc

Try this. I went into the search option and typed in Lowenberg Testimony. The link above is what popped up.

http://leahy.senate.gov/press/200801/013008b.html

This link states the Insurrection Act Rider was repealed.

I took that link from Library of Congress (Thomas), so it was Highlighted in the Insurrection Act page.