Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Cant support her.Still looking.She talks about spending in Washington and the last 3 years she has gotten over several millions from lobbing for bail out subsidies money for her pet peas.Cant support her.

Michele B. is rising real fast and I bet she is a quick learner. However, getting out of our economic malaise is going to be very complicated. If there is some reduction in taxes to encourage businesses to invest we still have an important question. WHERE WILL THEY INVEST?

Now that companies have figured out they can invest overseas how many more of them will simply do that? They are fiduciarily liable to their shareholders, not necessarily to the US or its citizens. So we need someone with a lot of finesse to get cooperation. If Romney had been nominated in 2008 I think there is a good chance he would have won the election. I saw a news story about how he was meeting with businesses, prior to the 2010 elections, and discussing economic recovery with them. Romney definitely has experience that needs to be put to use.

The GOP has to nominate someone who can win; I don't think Perry has the cred. So Romney/Bachmann? Bachmann/Romney?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Honestly I'm not real happy with any at this point, Ron Paul's (domestic) ideas are the only ones that will ever get us out of this mess and certainly he is not electable, we live in an american idol society and fake bull rules out truth.

We moved to the extreme left past few years so in order to move the bubble center we need someone super conservative and I hold little hope of that someone being elected.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Banned
    ..Bachmann On Elvis: All Shook Up?
    by Jake Gibson | August 16, 2011

Print Email Share 0 Comments

Michele Bachmann at a rally in Spartanburg, SC (AP)
    By the time she arrived in Greenville, South Carolina Tuesday afternoon, Rep. Michele Bachmann finally had her facts straight. "Today is the day," she observed in somber tones, that "we observe the passing of Elvis Presley."

Indeed, it was thirty-four years ago today that the world was stunned by the sudden death of the undisputed King of Rock and Roll, at the age of forty-two.

But it was the Iowa frontrunner's remarks earlier in the day about the most famous truck driver ever to make it out of Tupelo, Mississippi that embarrassed her, and her campaign, for at least a few hours in the non-stop news cycle.

"Before we all get started, let's all say, ‘Happy Birthday to Elvis Presley' today!" Bachmann shouted enthusiastically at the outset of a campaign rally in Spartanburg, South Carolina. "Happy Birthday!... You can't do better than Elvis Presley and we thought we'd celebrate his birthday as we got started celebrating our ‘Take Our Country Back' Tour."

The crowd went along, if only reluctantly, with some seeming to realize that Elvis's birthday was, in fact, January 8, 1935.

It was just the latest in a string of errors for the recent winner of the Ames Straw Poll.

Back in March, while still flirting with a run for the White House, Bachmann told an audience in Concord, New Hampshire: "You're the state where the shot was heard around the world at Lexington and Concord." In fact, the Revolutionary war began not in New Hampshire but in Concord and Lexington, Massachusetts.

In January, addressing an Iowa anti-tax group, Bachmann claimed the Founding Fathers of the United States had sought to end slavery. "The very Founders that wrote those documents," she said, referring to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution," worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States."

While some of those who signed the Declaration of Independence favored the abolition of slavery, many others - including George Washington and Thomas Jefferson - owned slaves. And all of them had long since died when slavery was formally abolished, following the Civil War.

Even in declaring her candidacy for the presidency this past June, in Waterloo, Iowa, her birthplace, Bachmann committed a gaffe.

The congresswoman claimed the late screen legend John Wayne was also from the city. In fact, Wayne's parents lived there, as did infamous serial killer John Wayne Gacy - but "the Duke," as John Wayne was affectionately known, never did.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/ ... z1VExR9Jpn

The forces opposing Bachman and Perry will make use of material like this, too. http://tinyurl.com/3zyw8uy

And here's more about Perry: http://www.texasobserver.org/cover-stor ... rmy-of-god
    Seems like the campaign war machine is warming up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think Bachman's a real lady, but a bit slow. Cain is the candidate that I am going with right now. Wonder if Triumph will get in..

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    The forces opposing Bachman and Perry will make use of material like this, too. http://tinyurl.com/3zyw8uy

And here's more about Perry: http://www.texasobserver.org/cover-stor ... rmy-of-god
    Seems like the campaign war machine is warming up.
    These days its hard to say anything, in public that is, without a lot of people pigeonholing you as being "liberal" or "conservative." So far Bachmann has used the generalizing criticisms from the left to gain more traction, i.e. they have backfired. How far she can go with that I don't know.

Neither party seems to be waking up to the fact that we are now in a far more globalized arena of competition. There is no way that I know of to restrict American capital from going to work overseas, especially if the shareholders decide they want to. And the Democrats cannot pass many laws, yet, to restrict what investors want to do with their money.

This is going to take a genius----unless we can tolerate a chronic ten percent unemployment rate, like European countries.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Banned
    THE BELOW SHOWS MICHELE OBAMA'S VOTING RECORD. IT IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM WHAT SHE SAYS - SEE WHAT YOU THINK:
    â–* Bachmann's Questionable Record: While Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) has emerged as a darling of the Tea Party and conservative wing of ...the Republican party, she has largely avoided the kind of close scrutiny of her record that is a hall...mark of a presidential campaign. Even before she officially launches her bid, Matt Lewis observes that "the Tea Party rhetoric doesn't always match the record. Bachmann would likely find herself defending a slew of questionable votes and decisions, including on earmarks, pardons and farm subsidies." http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/ ... ecord.html

â–* Bachmann plan would cut veterans benefits: Paul Sullivan, executive director of Veterans for Common Sense, said cutting veterans’ health care spending is an ill-advised move at a time when the number of veterans continues to grow as troops return from Iraq and Afghanistan. Sullivan said he finds it difficult to see how VA could freeze health care costs without hurting veterans. “It is really astonishing to see this,â€

Banned
    â–* Michele Bachmann Using Taxpayer Dollars On Her Rallies? http://youtu.be/uwbL_2_V9r8

â–* Bachmann voted YES. Hr2219: "The bill increases DoD spending by $17 billion (excl. Afghanistan and Iraq spending). It funds wasteful projects, doesn't explicitly prohibit the Pres. from diverting funds to the unconstitutional Libya war, and supports an *Auth. for Use of Military Force that allows the Pres. to attack anyone, anywhere, anytime w/o further congressional approval.*" ~Justin Amash

â–* S.990 PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011 (4-year extension of PATRIOT Act surveillance): Bachmann votes yes.

â–* Bachmann votes for Internet Censorship: H.R.4279 - PRO-IP Act of 2007 and H.R.4061 Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2009, Sponsored by John Conyers, (D-MI) http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/258311

â–* Bachmann voted for almost unlimited Presidential war powers: http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/co ... war-making

â–* H.R. 1955 [110th]: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism (this could be you if you speak out against the government): Bachmann voted yes. http://www.freestatevoice.com.au/politi ... th-new-law

â–* Bachmann votes against beleagured soldiers: H.R.3159 Ensuring Military Readiness Through Stability and Predictability Deployment Policy Act of 2007.

â–* H.R.5486 Small Business Jobs Tax Relief Act of 2010: Backman voted no.

â–* Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights Act of 2008: Bachmann voted for Bigger Government and new property seizing powers via S.3325 - The sponsored by Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT) Learn more: http://www.defectivebydesign.org/stop-r ... bill-s3325

â–* H.Con.Res.28 Directing the President, pursuant to section 5(c) of the War Powers Resolution, to remove the United States Armed Forces from Afghanistan (Accelerating Afghanistan withdrawal). Bachmann, no.

â–* Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act of 2007 - Expands the types of whistleblower disclosures protected from personnel reprisals to include disclosures without restriction as to time, place, form, motive, context, forum, or prior disclosures made to any person by an employee or applicant for employment, including a disclosure made in the ordinary course of an employee's duties, that the employee or applicant reasonably believes is a violation of any law. Backman voted no.

â–* H.R.4 Part D Medicare Drugs Price Negotiation: Bachman, no.

â–* H.R.1404 Federal Land Assistance, Management and Enhancement Act. Bachmann votes yes.

â–* Ten percent across-the-board cut to the Department of Homeland Security's budget: Rokita of IN Amendment 1 to H R 2017, requires a (except for Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement). The underlying bill reduces DHS spending only to FY 2009 levels. It failed 110-312. Bachmann voted NO.

â–* Prohibit TSA from using full-body image scanners as "mandatory or primary" screening devices: Look what Bachmann and West voted against: Amash/Chaffetz Amendment 2 to H R 207, which prohibits TSA from using full-body image scanners as "mandatory or primary" screening devices. In other words, they can be used only as an option during secondary screening. The amendment failed 123-300. No radiation liberty for Tea Partiers! http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll400.xml

â–* College Student Relief Act of 2007 - phases-in cuts in the interest rate charged undergraduate student borrowers under the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) and Direct Loan (DL) programs, thereby reducing such rate from 6.8% in July 2006 to 3.4% in July 2011. Limits FFEL lender insurance to 95% of the unpaid balance of such loans. Bachmann voted no.

â–* Bachmann votes for government interference and for increased spending. SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act - Title I: Modernizing the SBIR and STTR Programs - Amends the Small Business Act to extend through FY2010 (currently scheduled to expire at the end of FY200 the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs of the Small Business Administration (SBA). Increases, for both the SBIR and STTR programs, the individual small business award levels from1) $100,000 to $300,000, for participation at a Phase One level; and(2) $750,000 to $2.2 million, for participation at a Phase Two level. Allows participating federal agencies (agencies) to exceed such award levels if such agencies notify, and provide annual reports concerning such increase to, the congressional small business committees.

â–* Bachmann votes for college scholarship bills H.R.362 and H.R. 363: while America is broke and borrowing from China.

â–* H.R.1255 Government Shutdown Prevention Act of 2011: Bachmann, yes. http://youtu.be/uwbL_2_V9r8

This is mostly from the 112th congress and doesn't include much from the 111th.

about a month ago.

I was a little turned off by her in the last debate. She mentions religion and God too much. I am a Christian myself but I don't think pounding away at that subject is going to win over the majority in this country. She needs to keep those subjects out of her debating skills and stick to the issues IMO.

Right now, Herman Cain is a front runner with me but he doesn't seem to be gaining in the polls.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast