Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Where does Romney stand on ending Birth-Right citizenship?

That is the cornerstone to ending all the social benefits for Illegals. He says nothing on his site. Well not that I could find.
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Banned
    GOVERNOR ROMNEY: "I was at the San Diego border and met with our Border Patrol agents. They told me that more than a half of those that try and come across those fences are able to do so. They said there's no way to stop them at the border, unless you close down the magnets. And the magnets are sanctuary cities and having employers sign people up that have come here illegally to do work here. You have to end sanctuary cities. You have to cut back on federal funding to cities that continue to call themselves sanctuary cities and welcome people in, as New York has done. And you have to say to employers that hire people illegally, 'That's also going to be sanctioned.' This is the way we're going to have to finally end it. And the other key point is this, which is having amnesty and saying to individuals, as the mayor has said, if you come here and you're willing to work here and pay taxes, we'll sign you up. That's not the right message. We've got to enforce the law,
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.mittromney.com/Issues/immigration
    ---------------------------------------------------
    As president neither Romney or Ron Paul has the power to end
    birthright , It has to either be amended by the congress in the 14th or
    it has to be brought to the supreme court for a re interpitation of the 14th
    such as they are trying to do in Arizona and Oklahoma , by refusing to issue American birth certs to children of illegal parents

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotDreams
    Anyone that thinks that you can magically deport 30 million people lives at disneyland!
    Who said anything about magic?? And there you go again with the denigrating comments. If Mitt believes so strongly about deporting illegals as they are caught he should SAY SO. The fact that he doesn't speaks louder than all the ranting you can do.

Are we going to have jack booted law enforcement storm troopers driving busses & Humvees into neighborhoods?
    Is that a realistic question or are you just raving again?? NOBODY has suggested anything of the sort.
    I am not opposed to legal immigration, I see nothing wrong with it, BUT I think that the current LEGAL immigration limits are RIDICULOUSLY too high,
    Mitt Romney wants to RAISE the limits on legal immigration...
    Romney is the ONLY one to empower & require his state police to enforce federal immigration law. That is FACT.
    Yep, he signed that about 2 weeks before he left office. REAL effective, that was...

Romney has not taken a stand on that. I would like to see him do so.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Banned
    "Romney is the ONLY one to empower & require his state police to enforce federal immigration law. That is FACT.

Yep, he signed that about 2 weeks before he left office. REAL effective, that was."

Yet he did sign it , He was leaving office and didn't have to
    sign anything

How can you actually blame him because the raving lib that
    took over as gov reascended it ?

such as they are trying to do in Arizona and Oklahoma , by refusing to issue American birth certs to children of illegal parents
    So he does or does not support ending the it?
    I understand how things work! Would he put his weight as President behind ending it?
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    I understand how things work! Would he put his weight as President behind ending it?
    Again ,

Why should he , he wouldn't have a voice in the decision at all,
    Its obvious that there would be no way the congress would ever
    attempt to change the 14th , just to many libs and repubs sympathetic to
    illegals

His opinion either way would carry no weight with the supreme court who hopefully will interpit it correctly
    It is a matter of law and falls outside the jurisdiction of the President

Banned
    Keep in mind that Lou Dobbs , who is a hero to a lot of people here is against ending birthright

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Again ,

illegals

His opinion either way would carry no weight with the supreme court who hopefully will interpit it correctly
    In other words, he's too much the greasy politician to have a public opinion that might cost him some votes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Again ,

illegals

In other words, he's too much the greasy politician to have a public opinion that might cost him some votes.
    Well, politics is still politics and I don't see anything wrong with him having a position on this or not ,
    I base that on the fact that he would have no voice in the process of ending it either way

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast